TennoGen Round 7 Release and Prime Model Update

[DE]Taylor

I was also wondering. were the skin authors approached by DE and consulted with, in regards to this decision? because the authors are a great stakeholder in this, given that they receive a portion of the returns from the sales. What about (gabe) Valve? Were they consulted given that (on PC) we have to add funds to our steam wallet prior to purchasing tennogen items.

Furthermore, have any of the skin authors come into this thread and voiced their opinion? I only read a couple pages and I haven't seen any of them. Surely they would be affected by this; case in point, me. I was about to purchase a tennogen skin but based on DE's anti-fashionframe decision (that's pretty much what it feels like to me) here, I'm not gonna purchase any tennogen now. and I've seen folks voice similar sentiments here.

9 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

TBH I think everyone's missing my point.

To the end user, us, the difference between suggesting this and a mesh selector is null.

To their coding team, though, it might be different. I'm not asking for them for a way to retrieve meshes. I'm asking to build this on top of their currently implemented system. Not sure if you see where I'm going.

I'm not because your suggestion is what I thought they would/should do anyways.

But as I said, I have no idea whether this would cause supposed 'bloat' or whatever anyways, nor did I get why it would supposedly cause this. It's why I mentioned coding earlier on.

Edited by Naith

41 minutes ago, kalikilic said:

I was also wondering. were the skin authors approached by DE and consulted with, in regards to this decision? because the authors are a great stakeholder in this, given that they receive a portion of the returns from the sales. What about (gabe) Valve? Were they consulted given that (on PC) we have to add funds to our steam wallet prior to purchasing tennogen items.

Furthermore, have any of the skin authors come into this thread and voiced their opinion? I only read a couple pages and I haven't seen any of them. Surely they would be affected by this; case in point, me. I was about to purchase a tennogen skin but based on DE's anti-fashionframe decision (that's pretty much what it feels like to me) here, I'm not gonna purchase any tennogen now. and I've seen folks voice similar sentiments here.

Well, I'm no author because I don't do them but if I worked my back out to make something like a Graxx skin is, and then when people who equipped on their Primes had it broken... Welp.

I guess most opinions will be "If people like it this way, welp" but it's not what they made.

2 minutes ago, Naith said:

I'm not because your suggestion is what I thought they would/should do anyways.

But as I said, I have no idea whether this would cause supposed 'bloat' or whatever anyways. It's why I mentioned coding earlier on.

I totally see what you meant now. Anyways, Steve kind of adressed the issue on stream today, but it created me another question, more than answering: Do DE for some reason think that we'd like to see is TennoGen skins correctly applied on Primes?

On the other hand, and I'll give that to him because I've already had 3 streams of coding :P that working even on the simplest solution ends up being difficult. So yah.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure there has to be a good option somewhere :D

4 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Well, I'm no author because I don't do them but if I worked my back out to make something like a Graxx skin is, and then when people who equipped on their Primes had it broken... Welp.

I guess most opinions will be "If people like it this way, welp" but it's not what they made.

I totally see what you meant now. Anyways, Steve kind of adressed the issue on stream today, but it created me another question, more than answering: Do DE for some reason think that we'd like to see is TennoGen skins correctly applied on Primes?

On the other hand, and I'll give that to him because I've already had 3 streams of coding :P that working even on the simplest solution ends up being difficult. So yah.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure there has to be a good option somewhere :D

Oh okay, so what did Steve actually say then? 

Are they looking for a solution or something now?

Just now, Naith said:

Oh okay, so what did Steve actually say then? 

Are they looking for a solution or something now?

He basically said that they set out to do the intended model solution because it's the most hassle free solution AND because it's the only one that will respect the correct placement on the Warframes without looking like :poop: since some textures are structured in a very similar way in some but not in others (so in Nova it looks good I believe it was but on Saryn it looks bad).

He didn't rule out any other solution, but that for now they were going to do this. And that they were having these discussions at the office.

5 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

He basically said that they set out to do the intended model solution because it's the most hassle free solution AND because it's the only one that will respect the correct placement on the Warframes without looking like :poop: since some textures are structured in a very similar way in some but not in others (so in Nova it looks good I believe it was but on Saryn it looks bad).

He didn't rule out any other solution, but that for now they were going to do this. And that they were having these discussions at the office.

At least it's something then opposed to the original response we had which didn't give much hope to those who really wanted the tennogen prime combo.

I know I personally may be more inclined to buy some tennogen skins now as I've generally prefered the non-prime variants. Though I absolutely understand the other sides frustrations and having an option is always nice.

Edited by Naith

2 minutes ago, Naith said:

At least it's something then opposed to the original response we had which didn't give much hope to those who really wanted the tennogen prime combo.

I know I personally may be more inclined to buy some tennogen skins now as I've generally prefered the non-prime variants. Though I absolutely understand the other sides frustrations and having an option is always nice.

Well, the issue with these things is what I call the "chain effect". Because Taylor was the poor person that has been communicating this stuff, but she's on Community and not on Programming. And then she has to eat all the backlash and explain as much as she can with her own words and stuff.

Like, if Steve or Kary were the ones to post, they'd most likely have given more details that someone else maybe can't (which is totally normal). And then some info I'm pretty sure is lost in between the chain.

Anyways, since they're preparing a Dev Workshop post we might have even further info. But maybe they should have done that to start with, the more I think of it.

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Well, the issue with these things is what I call the "chain effect". Because Taylor was the poor person that has been communicating this stuff, but she's on Community and not on Programming. And then she has to eat all the backlash and explain as much as she can with her own words and stuff.

Like, if Steve or Kary were the ones to post, they'd most likely have given more details that someone else maybe can't (which is totally normal). And then some info I'm pretty sure is lost in between the chain.

Anyways, since they're preparing a Dev Workshop post we might have even further info. But maybe they should have done that to start with, the more I think of it.

Yeah. However, hopefully a lesson has been learned here - run it past the respective parties one more time before making such a definitive statement! :p

For some, including myself, the extra pieces that some of the primes get doesn't look good with other skins. Rhino Prime probably suffers the most, due to the massive shoulder armor he gets. Because the Tennogen/Non-Deluxe skins use the default warframe, the Prime's additions can look very out of place. I would really appreciate having an option in attachments to disable the prime's extra parts; if we could disable the individual additions that would be even better, and would give players even more customization. 

Not going to happen then.

May I then suggest that Primes will be given their own category in future?

Tennogen Prime. A nice ring to it.

Creators will be able to choose what parts will be visible and allso be able to skin the prime-parts themselves.

is it possible to get access to for prime warframes to equip armor pieces from the basic version of the warframe? example: Volt Prime being able to equip the Volt arm armor. Currently, if i equip the basic skin or a Tennogen skin it looks a bit off with the Prime arm armor

On 8. 2. 2017 at 9:19 PM, --Q--Dioxety said:

I am no longer going to be buying tennogen anymore. Your literally going to change the CURRENT Skins out of nowhere and not give any compensation?

Come on DE this is completely unprofessional, and not even providing a toggle for those who Bought skins that look good with the prime bits.

This.

On 8.2.2017 at 9:19 PM, --Q--Dioxety said:

I am no longer going to be buying tennogen anymore. Your literally going to change the CURRENT Skins out of nowhere and not give any compensation?

Come on DE this is completely unprofessional, and not even providing a toggle for those who Bought skins that look good with the prime bits.

To the one above, who replied "This." and all others.

Simply spoken...nonsense. The Prime-Tennogen combinations were nothing more than a corruption of the actual product and not planned this way by the Tennogen-creators. Demanding a refund or compensation is pretty stupid...otherwise I could always demand as soon as a glitch in a game got fixed after 6 months, that I want a refund as I enjoyed the glitch and simply purchased the game because of it.

Now you simply get the product as it was intended.

Edited by (PS4)AlastorLines

Simply spoken...nonsense. The Prime-Tennogen combinations were nothing more than a corruption of the actual product 

It was there and it worked.Even better, you had 2 options essencially - a skin with or without prime parts just by running a standard frame or a prime. 

Just like your normal skins work with prime warframes (immortal ones) and not for all frames it is just a recolor like Nyx or Trinity - 

ZEH9CfA.jpg

UQLI5hG.jpg

Some skins changed appearance of a warframe, it's normal stop bullshting about it being 'a bug'. It's been there for ages now. It was always known that some warframes retain their prime parts with the usage of immortal and later tennogen skins.

Now you simply get the product as it was intended.

I don't personally care about all the skins that will be released from this point if tehy will only have one option but ffs, just let old ones be.Because this is what people bought - with a real money without a way to get a refund, changing it later after they bought it is a total disrespect. I don't care what they "intended" as it looked different. Especially considering that by the looks of it they look better than some DE's made syandanas that clip the sht out of your warframe but no one cares.  If you're selling something especially with a real money and with no way to refund you should frealking think before selling it and think before changing it after people bought it. WHY no one thought about prime warframes, why no one thought about the artists not having the acess to those models, why skins looked like this for an absurd amount of time and why is it an issue right now if existing skins work? It's been months since tennogen started. Someone fckd up in DE but the players have to pay for it sure does sound fair. Not.