Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit: Update 19.10.0

[DE]Megan

On 2/13/2017 at 3:55 PM, greymaniac said:

You do know you can use sweeper prime on any sentinel, right? This applies to every sentinel weapon except deconstructor, which is restricted to helios.

On 2/13/2017 at 4:38 PM, TennoHack said:

Well first off i never said that carrier wasn't useful anymore, its just that he's not borderline essential anymore, I still use him when i need extra ammo, and secondly, you can equip any sentinel weapon to any sentinel, you don't need to have carrier prime actively equipped to have sweeper prime equipped 

I presume yall are both aware that Sweeper Prime is a shotgun, right?  The shortest targeting precept after the Carrier one (and not counting the Shade one because can't silence shotguns and that'd be silly) is 30m, at which distance the spread drastically cuts into the efficiency of the weapon.  In fact, my carrier runs a targeting precept 1 rank below max to intentionally cover a smaller radius so that it's forced to prioritize melee enemies.

Yes, I could put a Sweeper Prime on my Djinn with the 60m engagement distance.  But why the hek would I?  Why would anyone?