Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that new players have easy and early access to a sentinel, remove the mod conflicts

Xiusa

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

It's a solution for now and it works until a player maxes another set of mode.

Well, that's just the thing. Having another maxed set of mods doesn't make mod conflicts go away.

When I tried to mod that Artax thing I kept using the wrong split chamber again and again.

Ended up removing every Split Chamber from the bow I used, equipping one on the Artax, and only then putting the other one back on the bow. The whole process was just plain aggravating.

4 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

We can hope, right? :)

Seems like that's all we can do. Because asking something to be done could very well end up badly.

- Stop giving us 3 orokin cells or 5 fusion cores for t3. It's annoying.

- Sure, now all your keys are relics that you need to use for every prime part you get, every PA comes with new relics, and you don't have to go into the void ever again! Have fun!

- Make Vacuum a universal mod, please.

- Sure. Now every sentinel has innate vacuum! With half a radius! Have fun!

- Buff the old guns, will you?

- Sure. Here is the Riven system! Have fun!

Hoping quietly seems like the only way now...

On 09/02/2017 at 6:47 PM, Bibliothekar said:

This. Mods are upgrades to your warframe/weapon/whatever. And you can't put the same upgrade on two different things at the same time. You can't lend your coat to your neighbour and wear it while he does.

At least a Lock icon or Sentinel icon should be there to show the mod that is being used for the Sentinel. I literally am using the auto resolve thing when my mods get mixed with sentinel's and it isn't the best thing ever

14 minutes ago, Nedow40 said:

At least a Lock icon or Sentinel icon should be there to show the mod that is being used for the Sentinel.

Agreed, that should definitely be a thing.

15 minutes ago, Nedow40 said:

I literally am using the auto resolve thing when my mods get mixed with sentinel's and it isn't the best thing ever

Yeah, that could be solved better. I have at one point modded all my sentinel weapons and now, whenever I get a conflict, I swap the offending mods in my weapon. Auto-resolve only creates a bigger mess, leading to more conflicts.

Given that sentinels are primarily used for their loot vacuum and abilities like sanctuary, removing the conflicting mods thing would be great and may actually make some players want to give their sentinels weapons instead of using them as a form of support. Although when that happens more people will realize that when your sentinel shoots it draws fire and dies even faster than they do right now and we'll get another primed bandaid primed regen styled "fix" for our sentinels that metaphorically slaps us all in the face.

4 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

and how having specific sentinel mods would be worse that what we have now.

I can see how it would be bad, but only if drop table changes weren't changed. Why do sentinel and kubrow abilities even drop? You get them for free when you obtain the companion anyways. If they were replaced with sentinel weapon mods it'd be something that shouldn't be an issue.

once again I'll give an example of how i look at the issue:

to me its like a program that requires a CD to run, without copying or otherwise getting another of it, you can only use it on one computer at a time, if you want to use it on another computer you have to remove the CD from the first one. Mods are that same way, you can only use them on one thing at a time (not this means one thing in your active loadout, as weapons not currently in use wouldn't need to be using the mods at the time). while simply changing it so sentinel weapons have their own mods could work, it would be a bad way to resolve the issue. it would either mean grouping weapons that are nothing alike together as one type or creating new mods for each sentinel weapon type. that'd mean making a new set of mods for rifles, shotguns, pistols, and melee (thrown), and either method would likely end up with a much smaller pool of options.

the best option would be to simply put a mark on mods that are on sentinel weapons.

I take the controversial stance that we should have to level up multiple mods. A mod is a modification and we are slotting it into the weapon/frame/sentinel to make it stronger. Why should we be able to double dip with that mod? It makes no sense. Imo the real issue here is actually that sentinels use the same mods at all. They should have their own mod pool for sentinel weapons, balanced for sentinel weapons. The fact sentinels even use the same mods as rifles is the real issue here.

Edited by Tesseract7777

17 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

while that may be true, its more like putting a thrown melee like the cerata together with a shotgun like the tigris and making them use the same mods

Sub-category restrictions happen already too, like the +/- bounce mods that only apply to thrown melee and aren't available to other melee weapons.

Sentinel weapon mods could simply use a similar system where +damage applies to all, but +multishot can't be used on Deconstructor, for instance.

11 hours ago, Xiusa said:

Why do sentinel and kubrow abilities even drop? You get them for free when you obtain the companion anyways.

For the same reason warframe ability mods used to drop. It's a mod, so you might want to have it with different ranks for different situations. I have an unranked and a fully ranked version of each sentinel/pet ability. Granted, I don't have much use for the unranked one now that your mastery rank dictates starting energy, but I still have them.

• 1 month later...

At this point there is nothing new i can add to this discussion ... im just here to voice my displeasure at the mod conflicts, and auto resolve does NOT help when you have 2 of the same mod at the same rank and when you try to add one of them to your weapon, you find they are BOTH already equipped on the  sentinel's weapon.  i know all i have to do is unequip the sentinel's weapon or change it to a different type so it uses a whole different set of mods than the ones im trying to use, a small annoyance but one that happens frequently and tbh im fed up with it.

a little while ago i started keeping the mods at different ranks, maxed for me and maxed -1 for the sentinel, but that doesnt help for the ones i have 2 maxed versions of, which frankly are too expensive in either plat, endo, credits or all 3 to consider making a maxed -1 version for the sentinel

i guess i had something to add to the discussion after all

• 1 month later...
On 2017-2-11 at 0:46 AM, jetpack_jack said:

Mod Conflicts - With the great change to sentinel's 'universal' vacuum mod, & the introduction of 'Taxon', i was hoping to be able to freely use all sentinels and their weapons, but endless 'MOD CONFLICTS' continue to make that dream a hopeless nightmare  . I've played for thousands of hours, had incredible fun, but every time i switch weapons, adjust weapon builds, re-forma weapons . . . i get that sinking feeling of despair & frustration !    After all the time & effort i put into maxing duplicates of every weapon mod, needed for sentinel weapons, I am amazed, after all this time, you still haven't sorted this glaring mess !  PLEASE can we have some simple way to know which mod is which, i.e which of my 'max serrations' is for sentinels & which is for my primaries? just a simple symbol in a corner of the mod, or a colour tint to signify its current use, please, please  just anything to stop the endless mis-matching & conflict madness?  I know you guys can do it  You just need to get a few good brains together, to 'Permanently Resolve' this stress inducing, fun stopping, hair pulling situation ! . . . and i'm loving Taxon :highfive:

previously postedMay 26, 2016 . . . . 

It's been a while since companions arrived with their own weapons, and the 'Mod Conflicts' began, since that day, i have mostly ignored changing from sweeper prime, as i rarely run with a primary shotgun, and therefore, dont get weapon mod conflits, but then im missing out on some 6 formad sentinel weapons that i would dearly love to use, but can't take the mod conflict mess hassle so . . . . .  when can we expect distinct mods, and never have that dreaded conflict again? 

p.s i do use the auto resolve, but it is not consistent, as i have maxed multiples of just about every damage mod, and i have kept every weapon, thats alot of potential mis-matched conflits to auto-resolve. I hope u get the idea !

thanks for caring, and sharing, vive le tenno,    JpJ

Please Sort Mod Conflicts between tenno and sentinels ! i live in hope :thumbup:

Those mod conflicts are annoying as all hell. I don't care whether they are fixed by removing the need for a second set of mods or by showing us which mods are equipped on the sentinel weapon already.

On 11.2.2017 at 6:06 PM, Flirk2 said:

When I tried to mod that Artax thing I kept using the wrong split chamber again and again.

You're already wrong in assuming that there is a right one. If yourSplit Chamber #1 is used in Config A and Split Chamber #2 is used in Config B, both of them count as already in use.

Getting to choose what attack precept rank you use is a good thing.

I would HATE it if they changed it so my Sentinel always attacks max range. I've tried it, it's horrible.

Keeping a Rank2 Striker on my Carrier's Sweeper works perfectly to allow him to watch my back and only try to CC melee units or ones that are dangerously close to me while also minimizing the chances of him getting Aggro from other enemies. It also functions well with Blast's effect radius to CC a maximum angle of enemies within it's attack radius.

Spoiler

en2l22S.jpg

17 hours ago, Tyrian3k said:

Those mod conflicts are annoying as all hell. I don't care whether they are fixed by removing the need for a second set of mods or by showing us which mods are equipped on the sentinel weapon already.

You're already wrong in assuming that there is a right one. If yourSplit Chamber #1 is used in Config A and Split Chamber #2 is used in Config B, both of them count as already in use.

I know that. In that case the problem I had was not in configs. The problem was I put the first mod in, it was the wrong one. It gets placed beside it's duplicate. I take the second mod in the list, but in fact it's the same mod I already tried. The one that's used by a primary weapon.

Really, it's more of a UI problem than anything else. Having a need for duplicate mods is a reasonable thing. Main problem is in the absence of "in use/not in use'' filter.

And that is actually something I have some hope seeing one day. The addition of highlights for mod slots with polarity matching the mod you selected indicates a possibility that mods, used by something else, will eventually get marked in some way.

Edited by Flirk2

On 2/9/2017 at 6:34 PM, Aniawn said:

The conflict is because you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Or because of an incredibly annoying bug!

I can replicate it any time I want: equip Artax > install Malignant Force unranked in it > equip rifle > try to install a different (and fully ranked) Malignant Force in it > get a conflict error.

It's been reported countless times, and the bug yet persists.

I'm fine with needing separate mods for my Sentinel weapons.  What I would like to see would either be a). markers to designate the mods assigned to Sentinel weapons, or b). to have those mods not visible in my inventory so I don't have keeping guessing which mods are available to use (preferably the former).

On 2/12/2017 at 9:07 AM, NightBlitz said:

... while simply changing it so sentinel weapons have their own mods could work, it would be a bad way to resolve the issue. it would either mean grouping weapons that are nothing alike together as one type or creating new mods for each sentinel weapon type. that'd mean making a new set of mods for rifles, shotguns, pistols, and melee (thrown), and either method would likely end up with a much smaller pool of options.

Actually if you think about it sentinel weapons are extremely different to warframe weapons.  Sure the sentinel weapons behave in a similar manner to a type of weapon but they would be massively different in their construction to achieve that result (as different as a pistol is to a rifle on the smallest of variations).  The only ones that arguably could be considered close are pistols and sentinel weapons.

This makes the sentinel weapons actually much closer to each other than their individual warframe counterparts.  Given that small alterations to how the sentinel weapon works would change it's firing style (essentially it's ammo type or caliber), be it rapid-fire (auto), Semi-auto (pistol), Single-fire (sniper), pulse-fire (burst), slug-fire (melee/thrown) or spray-fire (shotgun).

While arch-wing weapons are even closer to warframe weapons than sentinel weapons would be, yet also have their own collective mod sets (with very different fire styles) thus already having a precedent in the setting for radically different firing types using the same mods.

Edited by Loswaith