Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that new players have easy and early access to a sentinel, remove the mod conflicts

Xiusa

1 minute ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Conflicting mods only apply to sentinel weapons, not sentinels. The OP also referred to changing the way sentinel abilities work from precept mods to innate.

Changing abilities for sentinels would also change them for other companions, as they all share the same system. Unless you're proposing to use different ability systems for different types of companions, which just seems even more confusing than the current state of affairs.

How would it be any different from current?  Warframe kidding used to be the same as what Sentinels have now.

And sorry, misundertood the OP I guess.

17 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I'm talking about making the ability to turn you invisible into an inherent abilty, one you don't have to use a mod card for.

How would a player be able to tell a sentinel weather or not they want mods like Guardian or Detect Vulnerability to have a higher or lower priority over their unique abilities?

11 minutes ago, Aniawn said:

That is true.  They removed that restriction as it was a burden on the game and players to know which of their five serrations were on which weapons and such.

I unfortunately have no horn to toot.  I apologies if I gave you that impression.  I was trying to give a situation in which I would not want my sentinel to be attacking enemies at all.

You are right, I could uninstall the weapon. But what about sentinel abilities like Dethube's Vaporize, Diriga's Electro Pulse and Arc Coil, Djinn's Fatal Attraction, or Taxon's Molecular Conversion which do not need a weapon equipped in order for the sentinels to use them?

At that point it's up to you to either remove the sentinel or just roll with it, idk??? I don't particularly find sentinels to be super useful so the decision is easy for me. If DE really wanted to go ham on this subject they could always make a menu where you can customize how your sentinel functions in a mission (precepts 2.0 or whatever) and you can select certain boxes so that you get to decide whether it attacks or not, uses certain abilities or not, etc., and they can free up mod slots while they do it. Looks better and would have the same functionality and then some I guess.

This obvi is all up for discussion, so another thing they can do is make it so they only do those things when enemies are alerted like how Shade's attack works. I simply don't see a reason why using a sentinel requires essentially double the mods added with confusion. It helps new players get a good feeling of how a sentinel works and makes it less of a hassle to upgrade.

I see sentinels more as utility than damage dealers, although one can argue they can be modded to be a decent companion damage-wise (like my helios that oneshotted zanuka hunter while I was afk the other day).

As for being forced to level up duplicate mods for sentinels , I'll admit it's tedious, and a huge credit and endo sink for newer players.... But arguably ,they can have all the "utility" features of sentinels by modding only the sentinel mods and leaving the weapon pretty much blank. In the worse case scenario,  just throw duplicate, almost non leveled elemental mods on your sentinel and it'll deal meh damage, but give you the impression it's actually helping ... Personally i often used stuff like my puncture / slash / impact mods I never use in my builds and other duplicate elemental and low level versions of serration/and so on. Also, when prime versions of mods are released, I often equip the non-prime on the sentinel...

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

Totally agree with the OP.

I never play any Shotgun because I love my Carrier's Sweeper and I'm fed up having to unequip it before going into any mission. Sweeper gives some very nice control + Simaris mod requires him to have a weapon.

Oh and I don't really want to level other sets of mods just for this.

Edited by Chewarette

10 hours ago, Xiusa said:

Or introduce sentinel-only mod variants. A new player (hell, even I don't want to) doesn't want to go and get a second copy of a mod just so their shiny new sentinel buddy can deal some damage too. Also remove having to rank up their mods, just do it like how the Warframes level up. 

I'll use the same example I always use.

You have two rifles.  You have one scope.  You have to pick which rifle to put the scope on.

6 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

I'll use the same example I always use.

You have two rifles.  You have one scope.  You have to pick which rifle to put the scope on.

Years ago this was the exact way mods worked. They removed it. It was dumb and still is dumb.

2 hours ago, Xiusa said:

Years ago this was the exact way mods worked. They removed it. It was dumb and still is dumb.

They removed it for same-slot-stuff because you can't bring two rifles or two frames into the same mission. However, you can bring a rifle on yourself and your sentinel. And for those it's not dumb at all but perfectly reasonable that you can't use the same mod on both simultaneously.

You go hunting with your friend. You have two rifles - but only one scope. So you can either put it on your rifle or on your friend's rifle. But if you both want to have a scope on your rifles, you need to buy a second one.

Edited by Bibliothekar
to, two, too - whatever

26 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

This is how mods work now.  How is it dumb?  It makes perfect sense to me.

No, you can equip the same mod on any piece of equipment with no issues, unless it's a Sentinel weapon. Pointless feature.

2 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

They removed it for same-slot-stuff because you can't bring two rifles or two frames into the same mission. However, you can bring a rifle on yourself and your sentinel. And for those it's not dumb at all but perfectly reasonable that you can't use the same mod on both simultaneously.

You go hunting with your friend. You have two rifles - but only one scope. So you can either put it on your rifle or on your friend's rifle. But if you both want to have a scope on your rifles, you need to buy a second one.

I don't care about real life stuff this isn't real life wtf

9 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

No, you can equip the same mod on any piece of equipment with no issues, unless it's a Sentinel weapon. Pointless feature.

Exactly.  You have a room full of rifles.  You have one scope.  You can put the scope on your rifle or your sentinel's rifle.

Not sure how this doesn't make sense.

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

Exactly.  You have a room full of rifles.  You have one scope.  You can put the scope on your rifle or your sentinel's rifle.

Not sure how this doesn't make sense.

The "or" should not exist. Stop trying to relate this to some sort of real life conundrum it's unrelated entirely

Just now, Xiusa said:

The "or" should not exist. Stop trying to relate this to some sort of real life conundrum it's unrelated entirely

Ok, suuuuuure.  You have a weapon.  The sentinel has a weapon.  You have a mod that can go on either.  That's unrelatable.  But you want it to go on both.  That's relatable. 

Yeah.

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

Ok, suuuuuure.  You have a weapon.  The sentinel has a weapon.  You have a mod that can go on either.  That's unrelatable.  But you want it to go on both.  That's relatable. 

Yeah.

You're trying to relate it to real life objects which /would/ make sense. But this isn't a real life object. They're fake objects that utilize magical space technology in which they don't appear on the weapon at all. Idk why everyone's arguement against this is "hmmmm u hav 1 scop but 2 rifl?????? which 1.... hm..." it's really tiring since it's a pointless feature with no real defense to it

10 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

I don't care about real life stuff this isn't real life wtf

cV6hiUI.gif

4 minutes ago, ashrah said:

mod conflict really need to go....2 r10 serration new player cant afford just to can use sentinel

I ... still don't understand why people would even want that. Sentinel weapons do less damage than Lato, but for some reason, everyone wants to mod them to the max. I mod them for status and that's it. The only one that's actually worth modding for damage is Vulklok, but that has abysmal fire rate, so ...

Also, new players can't even afford one maxed serration - if they are lucky enough to have one in the first place. So that argument is :poop: anyway.

Just now, Xiusa said:

That's.... pretty much the point of my thread....

Oh, must have missed that under all the "none of this is real".

So, what would you suggest? Hand out free, fully maxed mods to new players instead of damaged ones, so they have nothing to do and will leave the game after a few hours because they got bored?

1 minute ago, Bibliothekar said:

Oh, must have missed that under all the "none of this is real".

So, what would you suggest? Hand out free, fully maxed mods to new players instead of damaged ones, so they have nothing to do and will leave the game after a few hours because they got bored?

You must have missed a lot, actually. The main thing I'm suggesting is that we remove the mod conflicts so that new players don't get turned away by realizing "Oh, I need two of this mod if I want this sentinel to be more useful" and nowhere did I say anything about giving away free maxed mods. Really don't know where that last part even came from, are you reading the same thread?

19 hours ago, Noamuth said:

Shade makes the Waframe invis, not just itself.  And if I don't want that, I won't take the Sentinel.

I'm talking about making the ability to turn you invisible into an inherent abilty, one you don't have to use a mod card for.

Ok how would that work with mods like Guardian or sanctuary or offensive precepts?
Because there are tons of times I remove any and all offensive precepts from a sentinel while leveling it so that it doesn't draw any aggro to itself.
If the precepts were baked in like frame abilities suddenly I am now utterly incapable of preventing my dethcube from using vaporize or my taxon from using Molecular Conversion when all those abilities serve to do at higher levels is draw aggro and get it killed.

Then you come across situations where you say want your sentinel to use Sanctuary while you revive someone over using say shades cloak or deathcubes vaporize since those abilities are comparatively pointless.
Or you want your sentinel to focus on vacuum duty and attack only if there is nothing to vacuum, or vice versa.

That is currently only possible due to how the sentinel precepts work.
I would hate to lose that ability to control the sentinels order of operations like that.

Then you also have times when having a not fully ranked attack mod is a good thing.  After all forcing the sentinel to having a shorter range so it only attacks close range targets instead of trying to hit targets a huge distance away can be useful.  And allows for easier switching around of sentinel weapons.  After all, if you want to put a projectile weapon on Diriga an unmodded Calculated Shot mod is useful to limit its range to 40m instead of 70 making its shots much more accurate.
If the ability is built in I again lose that ability to effectively controls my sentinels attack range.

SO in short: Having the sentinel precepts be mod cards is very useful and a feature I don't want to see go.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Just now, Tsukinoki said:

SO in short: Having the sentinel precepts be mod cards is very useful and a feature I don't want to see go.

Yeah I see the use of that whole ordering thing or whatever, but is it necessary that they are mods that you need to level up? They can get their own little menu or whatever that has the same effect as precepts. Precepts 2.0 or something