Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that new players have easy and early access to a sentinel, remove the mod conflicts

Xiusa

Just now, Xiusa said:

Yeah I see the use of that whole ordering thing or whatever, but is it necessary that they are mods that you need to level up? They can get their own little menu or whatever that has the same effect as precepts. Precepts 2.0 or something

And what about level control for the attack mods, which controls range of attacking?  That is only possible due to the attack precept being a mod.
That is fairly useful as well if you switch around the weapons that they come with so that they don't always attack at their maximum target range for weapons that don't work over those ranges.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Just now, Tsukinoki said:

And what about level control for the attack mods?  That is only possible due to the attack precept being a mod.
That is fairly useful as well if you switch around the weapons that they come with so that they don't always attack at their maximum target range for weapons that don't work over those ranges.

Those can be in there too. Opportunity to change the range or something, idk. I still think precepts as mods is odd and it can be a lot better with its own menu

23 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

They're fake objects

In the WF universe they are real.  You couldn't use fake objects.

24 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

They're fake objects that utilize magical space technology in which they don't appear on the weapon at all.

They don't visually appear. 

1 minute ago, Xiusa said:

Stop trying to get brownie points yo it's starting to get annoying

Brownie points for what?  No one cares about this conversation and no one is reading it.

My analogy is sound.  You just want to be able to use the same mod on two weapons at the same time.  I would like that as well.  It would make things easier.  However, being able to equip a mod on a single equipped weapon makes sense.

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

Brownie points for what?  No one cares about this conversation and no one is reading it.

My analogy is sound.  You just want to be able to use the same mod on two weapons at the same time.  I would like that as well.  It would make things easier.  However, being able to equip a mod on a single equipped weapon makes sense.

You keep coming back how can you say nobody cares and noone is reading it??? Your analogy is sounds for real life. This aint real life. You get the point, don't you? Good. That's it. You don't need to say anything else.

16 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

You keep coming back how can you say nobody cares and noone is reading it??? 

You said "brownie points."  Brownie points means I'm trying to impress someone else.  Again, no one is reading this but you and I.

17 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

Your analogy is sounds for real life. This aint real life.

You have to apply principles in the WF universe.  You saying "This isn't real life" makes no sense because we're talking about the WF universe.  That's why it's an "analogy." 

4 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

You keep coming back how can you say nobody cares and noone is reading it??? Your analogy is sounds for real life. This aint real life. You get the point, don't you? Good. That's it. You don't need to say anything else.

Oy vey.  You are right, this is a game.  But in this game's universe, mods are a tangible object, like resources, that you can collect, trade, sell, equip, upgrade, or dissolve into endo.

Precepts are among the cheapest mods to rank up anyway, changing the way they work would just be a waste of development effort.

A simple solution (conceptually, not necessarily to develop) to mod conflicts would be to have a new weapon type of 'sentinel weapon' with its own set of mods that all sentinel weapons could use. It would even mean that sentinel weapon rivens would be separate from rifle/shotgun/etc. rivens, which I'm sure many would appreciate.

24 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Precepts are among the cheapest mods to rank up anyway, changing the way they work would just be a waste of development effort.

A simple solution (conceptually, not necessarily to develop) to mod conflicts would be to have a new weapon type of 'sentinel weapon' with its own set of mods that all sentinel weapons could use. It would even mean that sentinel weapon rivens would be separate from rifle/shotgun/etc. rivens, which I'm sure many would appreciate.

I wouldn't.  I love being able to use the same maxed prime mods,  Makes things really easy and use less resources.

It's really simple as well.  Just equip the sweeper prime when using other weapons and equip a sentinel rifle when using a shotgun.  It really is that simple.  After a player has been playing for a bit, just duplicate the mods.

What we really need is a way of marking equipped mods.

1 hour ago, Troll_Logic said:

I wouldn't.  I love being able to use the same maxed prime mods,  Makes things really easy and use less resources.

So you need a duplicate Primed Point Blank, Serration, Hornet Strike and Primed Pressure Point instead of one (Primed) Sentinel Weapon Damage mod.

How is that easier or using less resources?

It's really simple as well.  Just equip the sweeper prime when using other weapons and equip a sentinel rifle when using a shotgun.  It really is that simple.  After a player has been playing for a bit, just duplicate the mods.

So it's really simple, but you can't use a shotgun and sweeper at the same time, or several other combinations?

But that's okay because you can equip a rifle on Carrier even though its attack precept has range appropriate to Sweeper?

What we really need is a way of marking equipped mods.

But equipped on which loadout, or which config?

That's far more complicated to do well than you seem to think.

9 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

So you need a duplicate Primed Point Blank, Serration, Hornet Strike and Primed Pressure Point instead of one (Primed) Sentinel Weapon Damage mod.

How is that easier or using less resources?

I was directly replying to this.

1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

A simple solution (conceptually, not necessarily to develop) to mod conflicts would be to have a new weapon type of 'sentinel weapon' with its own set of mods

11 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

So it's really simple, but you can't use a shotgun and sweeper at the same time, or several other combinations?

Well, you just have to alternate.  Is it the very best thing in the world like a free chocolate sundae?  Nope.  But it isn't the burden some people try to make it out to be.  I equip the sweeper prime all the time.  Unless I switch to a shotgun then I equip the volklok.

13 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

But that's okay because you can equip a rifle on Carrier even though its attack precept has range appropriate to Sweeper?

You can pick any sentinel you like. I use helios now that it has vacuum.

The world is full of little compromises which leads me to this

16 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

But equipped on which loadout, or which config?

That's far more complicated to do well than you seem to think.

Depends.  The mods could be assigned in one of two ways.  The first is by the specific ID.  That would be a hassle, but it would straighten itself out quickly.  There are only a few loadouts.  The second is by the mod itself.  Just apply the mod by what it is.  If it's taken, apply the next one with the same stats.

2 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

It's really simple as well.  Just equip the sweeper prime when using other weapons and equip a sentinel rifle when using a shotgun.

Even simpler is to have two copies of each mod so you can use whatever weapon you want.

But that still doesn't change the fact that it's inconvenient.

On 9.2.2017 at 10:28 PM, Xiusa said:

Or introduce sentinel-only mod variants. A new player (hell, even I don't want to) doesn't want to go and get a second copy of a mod just so their shiny new sentinel buddy can deal some damage too. Also remove having to rank up their mods, just do it like how the Warframes level up. 

God yes. Why this is not done already is beyond me. 

Mod Conflicts - With the great change to sentinel's 'universal' vacuum mod, & the introduction of 'Taxon', i was hoping to be able to freely use all sentinels and their weapons, but endless 'MOD CONFLICTS' continue to make that dream a hopeless nightmare  . I've played for thousands of hours, had incredible fun, but every time i switch weapons, adjust weapon builds, re-forma weapons . . . i get that sinking feeling of despair & frustration !    After all the time & effort i put into maxing duplicates of every weapon mod, needed for sentinel weapons, I am amazed, after all this time, you still haven't sorted this glaring mess !  PLEASE can we have some simple way to know which mod is which, i.e which of my 'max serrations' is for sentinels & which is for my primaries? just a simple symbol in a corner of the mod, or a colour tint to signify its current use, please, please  just anything to stop the endless mis-matching & conflict madness?  I know you guys can do it  You just need to get a few good brains together, to 'Permanently Resolve' this stress inducing, fun stopping, hair pulling situation ! . . . and i'm loving Taxon :highfive:

previously postedMay 26, 2016 . . . . 

It's been a while since companions arrived with their own weapons, and the 'Mod Conflicts' began, since that day, i have mostly ignored changing from sweeper prime, as i rarely run with a primary shotgun, and therefore, dont get weapon mod conflits, but then im missing out on some 6 formad sentinel weapons that i would dearly love to use, but can't take the mod conflict mess hassle so . . . . .  when can we expect distinct mods, and never have that dreaded conflict again? 

p.s i do use the auto resolve, but it is not consistent, as i have maxed multiples of just about every damage mod, and i have kept every weapon, thats alot of potential mis-matched conflits to auto-resolve. I hope u get the idea !

thanks for caring, and sharing, vive le tenno,    JpJ

Edited by jetpack_jack
updated

1 hour ago, Multicom-EN- said:

God yes. Why this is not done already is beyond me. 

Because the current way is better.  Annoying, but better.

With the current way, if you max out all your rifle mods you can use them on your sentinel rifle if you equip a shotgun.

With the "separate sentinel mods" way, if you max out your rifle mods, you would still need to max out your sentinel rifle mods to use them on the sentinel rifle.

We don't need separate sentinel mods. Just remove mod conflict. We should be able to use the same Serration on sentinel weapon and primary. That's all.

Think of mods as "technology" or "perks". If you unlock level 10 Serration, you will be able to use it on primary weapon and sentinel weapon at the same time.

Edited by yles9056

11 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

Because the current way is better.  Annoying, but better.

With the current way, if you max out all your rifle mods you can use them on your sentinel rifle if you equip a shotgun.

With the "separate sentinel mods" way, if you max out your rifle mods, you would still need to max out your sentinel rifle mods to use them on the sentinel rifle.

You don't get it. We want to be able to use a rifle with maxed mods aswell as a sentinel rifle with the same maxed mods on it. 

11 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

Well, that's not the problem.

Problem starts when you try to shuffle around the whole bunch of duplicate mods.

3 different mod configurations (that for some of the weapons were made in time immemorial) for 2 of those weapons with 8 possible mods to conflict do not a happy tenno make.

While making the same mod work on 2 things at once is a little odd, it's one, easy, way to remove the problem.

The other one would be to add a UI element that shows that the mod is already in use. Maybe even what uses it and in which mod configuration.

And on the subject of the new sentinel. Anyone else noticed it's ''Glaxion Nano'' making nullifier bubbles invulnerable if it's targeting the nullifier in question?

2 hours ago, Multicom-EN- said:

You don't get it. We want to be able to use a rifle with maxed mods aswell as a sentinel rifle with the same maxed mods on it. 

2 hours ago, Flirk2 said:

Well, that's not the problem.

Yes, I understand what people what.  I was specifically responding to this

On 2/9/2017 at 4:28 PM, Xiusa said:

Or introduce sentinel-only mod variants.

and how having specific sentinel mods would be worse that what we have now.

8 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

and how having specific sentinel mods would be worse that what we have now.

Yes, sentinel-specific damage mods would be bad. I could just imagine a whole bunch of sweeper specific damage mods. Well, it would be about as popular as rivens for sentinel weapons...

But avoiding mod conflict by switching weapons is not a solution as well.

I think the easiest way would be upgrading the UI to enable players to avoid and resolve mod conflicts. We can hope that it will be done fast. We got indication for polarity matching recently after all... In 2-3 years we'll have a way to see if the mod is already in-use on another gun. Probably. I hope...

Just now, Flirk2 said:

But avoiding mod conflict by switching weapons is not a solution as well.

It's a solution for now and it works until a player maxes another set of mode.

1 minute ago, Flirk2 said:

I think the easiest way would be upgrading the UI to enable players to avoid and resolve mod conflicts. We can hope that it will be done fast.

Everyone has been asking for that for years.  We can hope, right? :)