Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Sound Issues

[DE]George

Sounds good... the sounds I hear are ok... accept for the pew pew of the viper... hopefully that is due to this bug... I am fine with most of what I hear typically... so... lets hear it for those here who make us hear for all the years! We will always lend an ear, so long as what we hear means progress is near, we will try to keep our shouts to a minimum. Hopefully your loops will be heard without being absurd and we can all be grateful for the ears of those who make us hear for a living.

I may be up to late....

one thing bugs me: you keep removing old sounds and new ones. like with infested. why? why not, i don't know, just add new sounds? so you don't have to listen to the same charger death sound for 500-600 times per map?

Good to hear from you, George!  I echo the others' thanks for checking in and keeping us informed, and like them, I can't wait to hear what you have in store for us.

Like many previous posts, I also have a pet sound peeve I'd like to see addressed.  But my request is a little different: I want the old scream back on the Capture missions.  I understand this amazingly-terrified sound comes to us courtesy of an anonymous member of the sound team, so please return this unknown employee to his (or her) elevated and elite status by returning their full and complete scream.  I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that it was the highlight of Capture missions.  Please bring it back.

Other than that whiny little request, I'm very happy with the sounds of the games.  Yup, not every weapon sounds visceral, but come on, we've now got how-many different weapons in the game, and how many different ways can you create the BLAM! sound?  (or the BOOM!, or the WHISS!, or the SLICE!, orrr.....?)  You and your team are doing great. 

Looking forward to hearing from you again soon, both in-game and on the forums!

Edited by PanUmbrian

Hey PanUmbrian,

Glad to hear you are liking the sound of things.  Actually, the capture scream that is currently in the game is the original, albeit shortened and processed to sound like he's dissolving at the end.  The original one was realllllllly long and could be heard for 5+ seconds after the capture.  The original also didin't have any processing on it so it sounded like it didn't really fit and like it was a mistake.

We're excited for you all to hear the new stuff we've been working on!

Hey PanUmbrian,

Glad to hear you are liking the sound of things.  Actually, the capture scream that is currently in the game is the original, albeit shortened and processed to sound like he's dissolving at the end.  The original one was realllllllly long and could be heard for 5+ seconds after the capture.  The original also didin't have any processing on it so it sounded like it didn't really fit and like it was a mistake.

We're excited for you all to hear the new stuff we've been working on!

This is a video game, man, come on!

Put the original back! Let's have a little fun once in a while.

Process it and put it back!

Hek, dude, make it a OG sound package with some other OG sounds and sell it for 75 plat.

Come oooooooooooooooooooon!

DE_George,

While I have been very vocal on my feelings of disappointment on the sound selections for certain weapons (Braton, Braton Mk1, Snipertron Vandal), I will say that I appreciate your effort to keep the lines of communication open. I respect the work you guys do and know that it may be many things, but easy never seems to find its way into your job summary. That said, you all do excellent work and while I'll still throw in my 2 platinum if I'm not jazzed about a sound, always know that I bow to your awesomeness and think very highly of you and your crew.

I like most of the new sounds except the Twin Vipers (farts) and the JiffyPop Gorgon.

JiffyPop Gorgon! heh, I was calling it "the Broken Vespa" of sound, but i like that better.

But this Is good to hear, because yes, certain guns (my prescious gorgon) might not have had the highest DPS compared to other weapons, but they were just so -satisfying- to fire. pulling the trigger made a sound like the world was comming to an end, and i loved it. And when the enemies started firing, you knew to get your head down! Ive actually been killed quite a few times since then becasue I just couldn't pick out the enemies weapon fire like I used to.

It's great to hear you guys are working so dilligently on exactly what i love about this game, it's sense of immersion. Thanks for continually raising the bar, I can't wait to see this bug fixed, and what you will come up with next!

Hi DE_George,

I didnt see anyone comment on the dual bronco's, but I much preferred their original sound which sounded more like a shotgun. Now, they sound much much weaker to me. Hopefully this is one of the bugs you are referring to, but if not, maybe you could take another look at the dual broncos? Thanks :)

George, your team has done an overall awesome job with the sound effects of the weapons... However, in my opinion there is one gun sound effect that you guys have totally nailed it on the spot and that is the HEK shot gun. The sound effect of this shot gun really makes it that much more fun to use it. It really did its job in defining Hek's strong and heavy quad barrel. So, having said this...

THOU SHALL NOT, IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ALTER THE SOUND EFFECT OF THE HEK.

Also, I'd love to hear the Gorgon have more depth/base in its firing sound, after all it is a machine gun. Somehow, the sound of Gorgon dosn't seem convincing to me as a machine gun or a heavy machine gun, especially when you compare it to a shot gun like Hek. The sound needs more 'ooomph' factor to it and I'm convinced that my experience in playing with that Gorgon will be that much more fun. I want to be able to feel like a raging Rambo charging through all the enemies.

You guys work on the weapon sounds alot, but I think the game needs more in the BGM department. 

The constant drums is the only thing I ever get to hear in a mission and it gets old pretty fast with no variety...

We need more EPIC ingame music be it more BGM or-Gasp!- themed music for the appropriate occasion...

(Stalker theme anyone?)

After U9, the Gorgon sounds amazing. It's loud and crunchy and has a big punch to each shot, just like a machine gun should. Thank you!

I heartily agree!

The pessimist in me is anticipating the inevitable decision by DE to change it again (which always seems to happen once the match the perfect sound to a weapon)... but so far, the optimist in me is keeping him in check.

After reading the comment of Brosagi, I tried the Gorgon once more and he is right.

It sound way better than before! :D

However I am not happy, that the regular Snipetron sounds way better than the Vandal variant.

Please do something about the rubber band Snipetron Vandal.

sadface.jpg

Edited by Kasamoto

I dusted off my Twin Vipers yesterday after more than a month only to find their epic sound gone and replaced by... something.. I don't even know what to compare it to. Like I was spitting on the enemies lol

I hope that's gonna be changed soon (please bring back the original sound :( )

Looking at the last two posts, I really begin to see the challenge that DE_George must face.

I agree with Kasamoto in that the new Gorgon sound is epic. Well done there.

I agree with Kasamoto again in that the current S-Vandal sound is rubbish; the original sound it was introduced with at inception was brilliant. It had a powerful, muffled sound, like a Remington 700 AAC-SD with a silencer on it. 

I disagree with Balerion on the sound of the Twin Vipers. The original sound they had when I purchased them was just fine, then they changed it to the sound of a 6-year old on crack popping bubble-wrap and now it's at its current sound which, personally, I like. 

However, Balerion is entitled to his opinion just as much as I am entitled to mine. It's situations such as these which must make it incredibly difficult for the sound crew to determine what sound to assign to each weapon. I do not envy their work and, even if I don't always agree with them, praise their efforts.

While I'm appreciateive of the effeot to changes in the sounds, is it realy worth the effort for the potential problems that the layering can cause, given lag on sound queues from network or framerate lag issues, and further resources used to make it happen as opposed to mixing it as a single sound file.

My main concern though is allot of the new sounds that got changed to very ungunlike, when the original sounded more gunlike, though not all original sounds were that way.  They simply dont sound like they are using a powder/explosive propelled bullet so much as banging on a cardboard box (in the case of the bratton, the current sound is like its got far too much base, while the old sounds had a good believeable bullet firing sound.).  Even given the potential technological advancements with sound supression on said weaponry that could occur for the warframe time.

After reading the comment of Brosagi, I tried the Gorgon once more and he is right.

It sound way better than before! :D

However I am not happy, that the regular Snipetron sounds way better than the Vandal variant.

Please do something about the rubber band Snipetron Vandal.

sadface.jpg

Yeah, especially since, by this point, there will be more people with Vandals than the standard version anyway, so they should at least be swapped!