Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Sound Issues

[DE]George

Is there any way to take a look at your work? Honestly, I'm a sound enthusiast, I'll be studying sound design in like 2 years and I would extremely love to see your work or how you guys work, sadly when I try to check out your youtube videos it says it's age restricted (I'm 17, turning 18 in a couple of months and I don't need to lie about my age) anyways, thanks in advance guys, love your work! I hope you can read this and respond to it!

Edited by CerberusDrakath

Hey CerberusDrakath,

Have you tried our twitch.tv page?  That might not be age restricted, you could give that one a try.  We have done 2 sound live streams so far and there is quite a bit of info on how we create the sounds in those videos.

• 4 weeks later...
Can you guys review the Auto-Shotgun sounds?

The actual don't make me feel that the auto shotguns are shotguns, i loved the time when my Boar prime had the same Hek sound.

Hek, Strun and Tigris sounds are awesome, but Sobek, Boar and Boar prime sounds, they makes me sad T-T

I don't know, appears to be a Shotgun with silencer (yes, Shotguns with silencers are real)

Sorry for bad english

• 1 month later...

There are too many weapons using the same longsword "metallic" sound when hacking away and when hitting surfaces. This is especially strange and, to a point, immersion-breaking. To give a few examples, here's a small list I can think of on top of my head.

1- Mire

2- Dual Ichor

3- Silva & Aegis

4- Plasma Sword & Gram

- For the first two, which are both infested weapons, I believe they would sound much better if the sounds used were more "raw" and bone-crackling. It doesn't really make sense that the sound they make grinds in such a clean matter, as if it was a metallic sword.

Even in Soulcalibur 5, Nightmare's Soul Edge has a much more rusty, rough grinding sound when it slashes away, which makes it terrifying in its own right, and fits its size. Even then, the metallic sound (although rougher) still made sense because Soul Edge's blade is actually metallic, unlike Mire and Ichor.

- For Silva & Aegis, I don't think I need to explain why it sounds out of place when a fire sword makes "clunk" noise as I hit enemies or surfaces.

- For the fourth point, Plasma Sword and Gram don't fit with metallic sound at all either. I personally feel it should have more of a laser "zoom-like" feel when swinging. It doesn't have to be like the typical lightsaber-ish sound, but that alone would already be more fitting.

Other than that, the new melee sounds that came with U13 are quite amazing to the ears! Great job, and keep up the amazing work DE_George & co.

• 2 weeks later...

When you shoot the revolvers (Vasto, Magnus, and the Dual versions) you hear a shell hit the ground. Revolvers hold the shells until you eject them/reload. This always throws me off.

I'm just mentioning this cause it's been a few months and this is still a thing. Don't mean to be a pain, but the squeaky wheel...