The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back solo endless

Netzwerkfehler

Hi,

I used to do solo t4 survival every now and then. You needed 1 key and had the potential to get a lot of rewards if you were good (and had time).

In the current system I don´t have any incentive to do that. It´s not worth running with a normal relic. Radiating 24 relics and use them solo is a big waste and expensive. I know that I get a rad every 5 "intervalls" at some point, but it´s not really worth.

The select a new relic screens also take a lot time.

Could we have a relic that costs like 400 traces to refine, but is reused one entire mission? It would bring back old endless and encourage to test  your limits. 

20 minutes ago, Netzwerkfehler said:

Hi,

I used to do solo t4 survival every now and then. You needed 1 key and had the potential to get a lot of rewards if you were good (and had time).

In the current system I don´t have any incentive to do that. It´s not worth running with a normal relic. Radiating 24 relics and use them solo is a big waste and expensive. I know that I get a rad every 5 "intervalls" at some point, but it´s not really worth.

The select a new relic screens also take a lot time.

Could we have a relic that costs like 400 traces to refine, but is reused one entire mission? It would bring back old endless and encourage to test  your limits. 

sounds good /sign

I play Solo survival whenever a fissure shows up, but only because Survival is the only endless mode I can enjoy (not having to protect a piece of garbage or having a combo-counter-destroyer wave system is awesome). My only gripe is that Grineer/Orokin survival fissures are rare as unicorn f*rts (cause Corpus and Infested are usually full of bullsh*t ospreys and energy leeches)

Your problem is not solo, it's the relic system in general. One could also say that in the old system, one key used to bring 4 times as much items as relics give nowadays. 

Just now, Nazrethim said:

My only gripe is that Grineer/Orokin survival fissures are rare as unicorn f*rts (cause Corpus and Infested are usually full of bullsh*t ospreys and energy leeches)

Same.

Edited by TheScytale

they simply made a choice to be more a co-op game than a solo, and in co-op u take 1 reward like when u are in solo, the difference is the more roll for the item the group can take at that prime thing. The bonus they give are the same affinity,resource drop, credit drop every 5 waves even in solo.

The problem you want the same reward as a party but playing in solo, and that will be unfair, all people will play in solo then. Plus in solo the mobs are less.

This is a Co-op squad based game, why do u pretend to be builted around a solo point of view?

22 minutes ago, Sirfol said:

The problem you want the same reward as a party but playing in solo, and that will be unfair, all people will play in solo then. 

One rad relic in solo mode is still significantly less promising than a 4 man squad with rad relics. I don´t get your statement.

I just want an incentive too play endless. The boosters are useless. If you want affinity, credits, resources you do different nodes anyway.

In terms of efficiency, playing solo is like a punch in the face right now

Maybe a good idea/option would be for Survival and defense mission with the relics to give the "oppertunity" that the relic gives all 6 rewards at each interval.

So for Survival every 5 mins the next item will be given out what means an total of 30 mins would be required to get all items out of the relic and for defence it would need 30 waves (1 item every 5 waves like normaly)

Over this way it would make these missions more attractive too cus basicly it´s so that most void runs go for 10 mins of survive and then leave directly (if not already near the extraction point) or just defend for 10 waves and leave (in most cases when no other relic is rewarded) the mission.

Sure it would make the other missions more "obsolet" but the risk still is higher to fail if you wanna go for all 6 items. In the end it would make the hunt for the really rare prime items a bit "easier". My 0,02 cents about this

43 minutes ago, Sirfol said:

they simply made a choice to be more a co-op game than a solo, and in co-op u take 1 reward like when u are in solo, the difference is the more roll for the item the group can take at that prime thing. The bonus they give are the same affinity,resource drop, credit drop every 5 waves even in solo.

The problem you want the same reward as a party but playing in solo, and that will be unfair, all people will play in solo then. Plus in solo the mobs are less.

This is a Co-op squad based game, why do u pretend to be builted around a solo point of view?

Because if I had to play the game with other nitwits all the time I'd never have gotten into it in the first place. I don't like that most of the game is being more and more inaccessible unless you are willing to deal with online fools, so DE is losing me as a customer by pushing to have EVERY SINGLE THING necessitate squad play. 

6 minutes ago, Vesperos said:

Maybe a good idea/option would be for Survival and defense mission with the relics to give the "oppertunity" that the relic gives all 6 rewards at each interval.

So for Survival every 5 mins the next item will be given out what means an total of 30 mins would be required to get all items out of the relic and for defence it would need 30 waves (1 item every 5 waves like normaly)

Over this way it would make these missions more attractive too cus basicly it´s so that most void runs go for 10 mins of survive and then leave directly (if not already near the extraction point) or just defend for 10 waves and leave (in most cases when no other relic is rewarded) the mission.

Sure it would make the other missions more "obsolet" but the risk still is higher to fail if you wanna go for all 6 items. In the end it would make the hunt for the really rare prime items a bit "easier". My 0,02 cents about this

With this idea, you'd need less than a day to farm all the items in a Prime Access.

17 minutes ago, Netzwerkfehler said:

In terms of efficiency, playing solo is like a punch in the face right now

It's not a punch in the face right now. It's just that the two systems work differently so you can't really judge. If you want to complain about solo being less effective, then complain about everything: affinity gains, resource drops, scaling, life support, etc.

1 minute ago, Ciaus said:

Because if I had to play the game with other nitwits all the time I'd never have gotten into it in the first place. I don't like that most of the game is being more and more inaccessible unless you are willing to deal with online fools, so DE is losing me as a customer by pushing to have EVERY SINGLE THING necessitate squad play. 

"H Fissure survival, no nitwits allowed"

12 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

With this idea, you'd need less than a day to farm all the items in a Prime Access.[...]

The counter it by adding a "daily limit" where you can do these quests like 1 or 2 times per day. Call me a "noob" cus i don´t really know what is special during a Prime access cus i never really dealt with it as an "low casher" that uses only the 75% plat discount moments for 1k of plat purchase.

13 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

It's not a punch in the face right now. It's just that the two systems work differently so you can't really judge. If you want to complain about solo being less effective, then complain about everything: affinity gains, resource drops, scaling, life support, etc.

I agree. My problem is not in the farming efficiency, which at least in my experience has gotten a lot better with the relic system - i could farm thelast two PAs in les than 10 days as opposed to the more than a month it took me befor on average.

My problem is about the spawnrate - specifcally the fact that for solo it's so low it can't sustain life support and reactant drops unless you're Nekros, and gnerally gives incredibly low amount of affinity an other dops.

In fact, i even made a topic about it that i've been plugging into the last few devstreams' topics hoping it get to QA without success - shameless self plug here:

11 minutes ago, Vesperos said:

The counter it by adding a "daily limit" where you can do these quests like 1 or 2 times per day. Call me a "noob" cus i don´t really know what is special during a Prime access cus i never really dealt with it as an "low casher" that uses only the 75% plat discount moments for 1k of plat purchase.

By that I mean, when a new prime warframe and its weapons are released, you'd only need one day of farming. Even with that limit, you'd need barely a week.

43 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

By that I mean, when a new prime warframe and its weapons are released, you'd only need one day of farming. Even with that limit, you'd need barely a week.

Good then lets go even further and say next to the day limit that Prime Access frames not included into the Survival and Defense mission too or make the relics not available to choose for these missions as long as the Prime Access is available. Don´t know if there is an time where no Prime Access is present or if simply the parts just change with an new Prime Access but it would deal mostly with this problem then to solve the issue.

37 minutes ago, Netzwerkfehler said:

I dunno how you farm new prime stuff. A rad relic has 10% change for the rare part. With 4 ppl you have ~34% for at least 1 rare. -> You have a pretty good chance to get a rare after 2 runs. You can farm prime access in a couple of hours if you have the relics.

Relic farming is the biggy

Relic farming is rather tedious then the time in using them up with the easiest mission available (mostly extermination or local defense ones i guess) + the rndm factor what relic you can obtain. Currently i hunt the Meso C2 relics for the Carrier Cerebrum part but cus it gives at least 6 relic versions it still is an ~17% chance to obtain the correct relic you need/want.

2 hours ago, TheScytale said:

"H Fissure survival, no nitwits allowed"

I don't want to play with other people, and whatever you say a good portion are invariably nitwits. DE stops solo play being viable, I stop paying plat and bringing in friends. Done. 
Making solo friendly features like the OP suggests will absolutely help retain players like myself.

I think these changes could adress some of the issues with Endless, Fissures and Relic farming in general:

-Make Fissures only appear on non-void tilesets, and make Void missions always behave like a Fissure (sans the fissures, only corrupted enemies always dropping reactant, no need for "Re corruption")

-Increase the spawnrates of endless missions in solo mode to fullsquad levels past the first C rotation (this would allow solo players who lack super equipment to access Rot Cs and give properly equipped  solo players the benefit of staying for long runs to get more spawns)

-Distribute Relics across the starchart depending on planetary tiers according to this pattern:

+Void T1, Earth, Mercury, Venus Mars and Phobos drop Lith relics with 20% chance of Meso relic

+Void T2, Ceres, Jupiter, Europa, and Saturn drop  Meso relics with 20% chance of Neo relic

+Void T3, Uranus, Neptune, Lua and Kuva Fortress drop Neo Relics with 20% chance of Axi relics

+Void T4, Pluto, Sedna, Eris and Derelict drop Neo Relics with about 35% chance of Axi Relics

^ These changes applying to all missions capable of awarding Relics (all endless modes, capture and spy)

8 hours ago, Netzwerkfehler said:

I dunno how you farm new prime stuff. A rad relic has 10% change for the rare part. With 4 ppl you have ~34% for at least 1 rare. -> You have a pretty good chance to get a rare after 2 runs. You can farm prime access in a couple of hours if you have the relics.

Relic farming is the biggy

It's basically just RNG. I spent more than 3 months farming for Galatine Prime's BP, while I got Cernos Prime without even farming for it.

Relic farming is relatively easy when you know where to look. 

7 hours ago, Ciaus said:

Making solo friendly features like the OP suggests will absolutely help retain players like myself.

Again, OP's gripe (and yours I imagine) is against the relic system. When you think about it, multiplayer overall suffered more from this transition.