Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rendering Bug: Random White frames

MillbrookWest

Been sitting on this for a while, but haven't gotten around to submitting. I wasn't going to post this at all, but i've seen it on Steve's streams, both in-game and in the Warframe Editor.

It's not a big issue by any means, but the flicker from it is a bit noticeable when (in steve's case) there aren't any effects active in the scene.

Firstly some captures from Steve's stream - Timeline is visible for re-checking:

vlcsnap-00213tdqkn.jpg

vlcsnap-0021451q7j.jpg

vlcsnap-00215xno23.jpg

Three sequential frames from one of my sessions a few weeks ago:

vlcsnap-002021lsd9.jpg 

vlcsnap-00203mmsyh.jpg

vlcsnap-00204hrs3c.jpg

Not too sure what would cause a game to render a scene in such a way.

I've noticed this recently aswell, Screen flashes white for a few frames and usually goes away after a bit, though for some reason it happens in the liset and missions. For me it seems random so I can't say what's causing it

This has never happened before until very recently so I 'm really confused as to why it's happening. (I could also post some examples I've come across later too)

I said above that i'd seen this happen in-game during Steve's stream, but i was too lazy to re-watch the streams again to get the screenshots (i didn't take down their time, so had no reference point). Luckily, his stream today had the issue occur, so just adding this to the pictures provided in the OP.

vlcsnap-00218bkqpr.png

vlcsnap-00219vqohd.png

vlcsnap-00220caon5.png

10 hours ago, AreYouAWiiizard said:

I'm not sure if this is the same thing but some icons (focus icons mainly) will flash white in the "scoreboard"/end screen

There have been issues lately of the icons not displaying the correct image, often times being replaced with the 'poop' emoji, or syndicate icons. The icon flashes could be from DE's attempt to fix this; probably by adding additional checks to ensure the correct icon gets displayed... but that would just be my guess.

Hey everyone, we are currently trying to track this issue down however we are having a difficult time reproducing it. Can anyone think of a scenario where these white flashes seem most common? Such as a specific tile set, a room, or if it occurs with certain Warframes more than others?

Also, does it occur regardless of screen resolution? (fullscreen vs. windowed mode)

Thanks in advance.

On 2/12/2017 at 10:54 AM, AreYouAWiiizard said:

I'm not sure if this is the same thing but some icons (focus icons mainly) will flash white in the "scoreboard"/end screen

Yeah I've noticed that. I used to have a bug where the icons would be random at times, like an endo icon where the focus icon should be etc. But lately after coming back from a mission some of the icons turn into white squares for 3 to 4 frames then back. Thought it was just my rig causing some minor issues during the loading sequence.

On 2/14/2017 at 7:45 AM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hey everyone, we are currently trying to track this issue down however we are having a difficult time reproducing it. Can anyone think of a scenario where these white flashes seem most common? Such as a specific tile set, a room, or if it occurs with certain Warframes more than others?

Also, does it occur regardless of screen resolution? (fullscreen vs. windowed mode)

Thanks in advance.

Managed to find a spot where i could reproduce easily. It looks as if Reflections, High Dynamic Range, Volumetric Lighting, and Adaptive Exposure all affect this this type of behaviour in some way (but i am not sure how, maybe lighting?). Can't guarantee the spot will work on other systems, finding this is quite hit or miss. I could run into a room in the void and have it appear, do a 180, and walk into the same room again and get nothing... it may be metallic surfaces that trigger this issue - Such as the Bo in Steve's case.

I don't think i tested every aforementioned setting in the video below. This was the first run after accidentally landing in this spot and having the screen go haywire, so just position checking, and running through a small selection of settings; it was by no means an extensive test. So hopefully it affects other PC's in the same place. However, i do cover most of the aforementioned settings in this video.

EDIT:

Do actually have to apologise for not going through each setting individually, but my assumption was that it might have been an issue with the way lens flares were being rendered (since it is apparently masks the entire screen), so on the first run finding this spot, i ran through Glare, Ambient Occlusion, Adaptive exposure etc. a bit more than my second run which was recorded above.

Edited by MillbrookWest

• 2 months later...

I have exactly the same problem and its making me crazy. It happens only on Direct x 10 and 11. Direct x 9 works fine. Also, i found that it flickers more when framerate cap is set to ON.

I made some research, and realized, that when playing with gsync (in my case), you actually have to use vsync too. So i disabled framerate cap and set vsync to ON. Flickering now appears much more rarely, but still exists. Especially in the Orokin void tilesets. I also experience this glitch in Uranus tilesets.

Edited by xBuffoutx