The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition for Baro to reschedule his time to 9 am SATURDAY to 9 am MONDAY

(PSN)LeBlingKing

It feels like a lost a day. Before it was half of Friday, all day Saturday and half of Sunday. Not is just all of Friday and all of Saturday. Sure he's here in the morning on Sunday, but playing WF early Sunday morning isn't practical for some of us.

That said, there's still enough time to buy items from him... Is just that I don't get that last chance on Sunday to buy extra items or change my mind about skipping an item.

Edited by Hypernaut1

28 minutes ago, Syln said:

how about he hire someone to look for stuff in the void so that he could permanently stay in the relay (his ware would still change every two weeks)

This would result in too many primed mods and rare weapons being flooded into the economy. They're supposed to be rare - not something everyone gets as soon as they start playing.

1 hour ago, Cat__Nap said:

This would result in too many primed mods and rare weapons being flooded into the economy. They're supposed to be rare - not something everyone gets as soon as they start playing.

Primed mods aren't suppose to be rare Oo expensive in term of credit, ducats and endo yes but rare certainly not.

12 hours ago, Syln said:

Primed mods aren't suppose to be rare Oo expensive in term of credit, ducats and endo yes but rare certainly not.

Something that's only obtainable every 3-6 months is pretty rare. Same with any of the elemental/IPS mods that only come from him. Compared to, say, Corrupted or Nightmare mods, which can be farmed any time, Primed mods only make an appearance for a day every few months. There's enough stockpile to keep the economy from reaching Maiming Strike standards, but that doesn't make them any less rare compared to non-Baro mods.

And they should stay that way. They're not meant to be beginner mods.

1 hour ago, svegurok said:

Stop whining Tenno. You know when he comes. Just pre-farm ducats or prime parts and when he comes jump in relay he is at. Problem solved.

Or, maybe the time he stays could be extended by 24 hours. Is that really that much to ask? He doesn't come every week anyway. I've missed 2 times of Baro this month because I was working on the weekends.

It doesn't hurt anyone if he stays 24 more hours, it just benefits everyone. I really don't understand why people are against him staying a measly 24 hours longer. 

1 hour ago, svegurok said:

It is not about being against it. It just breaks immersion if you ask devs to make him stay longer instead of just dealing with it.

How does it break immersion, he used to stay longer. They literally just recently shortened the time he stays.

11 hours ago, Cat__Nap said:

Something that's only obtainable every 3-6 months is pretty rare. Same with any of the elemental/IPS mods that only come from him. Compared to, say, Corrupted or Nightmare mods, which can be farmed any time, Primed mods only make an appearance for a day every few months. There's enough stockpile to keep the economy from reaching Maiming Strike standards, but that doesn't make them any less rare compared to non-Baro mods.

And they should stay that way. They're not meant to be beginner mods.

I really disagree with that statement since you just have to type "wtb primed x" to get it for a decent price. I don't consider primed mod as rare, maybe beginner unfriendly but not rare anyway having Baro staying all the time and change his wares every two weeks wouldn't change the fact that X primed mod would be available each Y months it would only widen the time window in which they would be available.

Now i don't really understand the "they are not meant to be beginner mods" statement since it would still ask them a consequent amount of ressources which is in my opinion more than enough.

10 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

i completely missed this weekend. 

Cause i didnt play of Friday, couldnt play on Sat and i wasnt going to get up early to try to get anything on Sunday. 

This new time does not really work for me. 

I'm in the same boat.  

The previous rotation worked pefectly for my schedule because I could hit Baro up on Sunday about an hr before he left.  Now if I want to do this, I have to get up at 5am so that I have enough time to get enough ducats for whatever he may have.

I wasn't able to get anything from him this time around because of that. Would have moved that color pallets he brought.

Oh well.  Guess I'll hoard my Prime hear again.  I'm sure that's what DE was going for.

As someone that works 12 hour shifts every Saturday and Sunday, this proposal is a big fat 'no' for my schedule. It would make it nearly impossible for me to obtain his items unless I bought them after I got home (usually not in the mood after 12 hours of work) or early in the morning on Monday. Those both sound dreadful. I definitely think we should keep Friday for those with weekend engagements.

vote: 'nay'

Generalization: People are in many different timezones with many different ways of life. No matter what his schedule is changed to, it will never appease every one.

Personal: I farm primes/ducks when I can, usually stockpiling 1 to 2 thousand ducks before his next visit. Even though my work schedule changes week to week, I make sure I set a time to visit Baro. Takes maybe 5 minutes out of my day to buy the "junk" that I want.

8 hours ago, KettleTicket said:

vote: 'nay'

Generalization: People are in many different timezones with many different ways of life. No matter what his schedule is changed to, it will never appease every one.

Personal: I farm primes/ducks when I can, usually stockpiling 1 to 2 thousand ducks before his next visit. Even though my work schedule changes week to week, I make sure I set a time to visit Baro. Takes maybe 5 minutes out of my day to buy the "junk" that I want.

dont people play on regions that fit their time zones?

Does Baro not appear at different times in those regions?

1 hour ago, Mak_Gohae said:

He does not appear at different times in different regions. It's all synced the same throughout all regions. This even goes for daily reset time—when I lived in the States the reset time would be between 6pm-9pm, now that I'm living in Asia the reset time is 8am or earlier for me. 

21 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

"different timezones" was a way of saying "different locale". I'm used to thinking in timezones rather than states, provinces, or countries.

the "different ways of life" was a reiteration on the fact. Work and academia life varies for everyone. No time change or extension will appeal to everyone.