Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The trading restriction and why we need to revise it.

MetalNovaZ

I think by now, everyone knows about a trade restriction in which everyday you would be limited to X amount of trades based on your MR (+2 for founders). I myself have been playing for 3 years, I stick to the same set of weapons that I enjoy and have fun with, thus I am still MR 10, I constantly introduce new people to warframe and I'm always brought to the attention of 2 things, why is the amount of trades per day capped by your MR? I can understand the "you must be MR 2"  to trade part, in which you prevent newer players from getting scammed or tricked out of something's worth, but seriously, this trade restriction is redundant. I can also understand the fact that you want players to experience a wide variety of weapons thus introducing this system, capping weapons to a certain MR is honestly fine to me, newer players should not have insanely strong weapons at the start of their game, like the galatine prime and tigris prime. But I don't see how would this affect the trade system. I recently introduced one of my closer friend's to warframe, he enjoyed it quite a lot, except when it came to trading. He really enjoys trading in video games and this MR trade restriction cap made him quite angry once he realised that there was a cap on how many trade you can have per day, I assume you would think his reaction would be on the lines of " Oh, I'll just increase my MR and get more weapons so I can trade more" , but his reaction was this, " Oh for fucks sake, why can't they just let me trade" and he left warframe soon after. I understand you want to create some initiative for players to increase MR, but I think weapons already do this job well enough, trading should never be capped in any game that relies this heavily on grinding and community interaction, If anything, it just pisses people who keep to a certain build that they enjoy off. You guys shouldn't force players to get higher MR's, to trade, players should do it because they enjoy a wide range of weapons and not because they like trading and want more trade per day.

In my opinion, we should just scrap the trade per day cap and let founders have 50% off on the trade tax instead of +2 trades per day, Im 100% sure no one bought the founders pack to get +2 trades per day.

Edited by MetalNovaZ

because there's barely any incentive to go past MR 13 at the highest as it is already? sure the mod capacity thing is nice, but its not much and has little effect outside of maybe the first mission or 2 you use the weapon or frame for after you first get them or forma them.

oh, and just because you enjoy your current build, thats no excuse to not try out other weapons. you might be surprised and find a weapon you like even more than what you're currently using, so your point is moot

39 minutes ago, MetalNovaZ said:

I understand you want to create some initiative for players to increase MR, but I think weapons already do this job well enough,

Except in the examples you give of your own situation and your friend's the weapons alone aren't enough incentive.  Apparently neither are the increased starting mod allowance or the increase daily Standing caps. 

I would imagine the limit is there to not only incentivise increasing Mastery Rank but also as an extension of why they limit it to Mastery Rank 2 and above.  Less chance of scammers who don't actually play and just farm stuff that they then advertise on third party websites for real money.  There's little point in them doing the bare minimum and being able to scam 2 people a day but being able to scam 23 people a day requires a big investment for someone who doesn't actually want to play the game and is just looking to cheat some quick cash off unsuspecting players.

47 minutes ago, MetalNovaZ said:

Im 100% sure no one bought the founders pack to get +2 trades per day.

Most likely.  I'm not even sure if trading existed when the Founders' Program ended.

• 2 weeks later...

We have so many mastery rank fodder that you can get to MR15 in no time.

Yes, being a MR4 and only be able to trade 4 times a day sucks but can a MR4 have for trade anyways? A MR4 is "new", therefore he normally is still working on unlocking planets and not farming prime stuff (or relics). So again, what can a MR4 have for trade? As for the other way around, a MR4 player should not be able to just spend 100$ on platinum and then go to the trading hub and buy all high level mod cards.

TC, if your friend quit playing Warframe because he was not able to trade 15 times a day in his first week of playing..........he hasn´t experienced what Warframe is about (hint: it´s not about trading ;) )