Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros, Desecrate, and slow connections

Aurea_Hiigara

I do not have what you would call a decent net connection. It gets me online, it lets me play, that's about it. 448/96 kbps was slow a decade and a half ago, but hey. It's a net connection. I just make sure not to to host because that doesn't go well.

Nor does playing a Nekros, though. Or playing WITH a Nekros.

There is some sort of serious inefficiency in the netcode once the map starts filling up with health orbs - health orbs you can't get rid of because they only get picked up once people take actual damage, and let's be serious - that doesn't happen often enough.

Last night my latency hit a wonderful 2200 ms. Again. Enemies stopped moving on my screen, nothing was getting picked up, I was randomly taking damage from invisible sources, the game just got REALLY glitchy. Out of curiosity I opened up Windows' Resource Monitor to see how much data Warframe was using.

It was trying to upload around 64000 bytes per second.

Go back up, look at that 96 kbps upload. Divide by 8 for KB/s. That's umm ... That's 12 KB/s max upload. Warframe was trying to upload between four and five times the capacity of my connection, no wonder it was glitchy.

But on a normal day it only hits some 4-5 KB/s upload which is far more reasonable for a client connection, so there is SOMETHING about Nekros and Desecrate that causes insane amounts of upload. I am assuming it's the health orbs simply because they don't go away. Either they need to be optimized, or some sort of timeout on the orbs should be put in place - a minute or two, perhaps?

Hi Aurea_Hiigara,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I understand how frustrating this must be. We will take a look at Nekros, more specifically Desecrate / health orbs, and see if there is anything we can do to improve network times. 

Do you happen to notice this problem if you set the game mode to "solo" and play as Nekros? Or is this something that only happens when a Nekros is being played in a squad? (whether it's your Nekros or someone else's)

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

There are no issues in Solo - it's quite simply a matter of over-saturation of my connection.

Did some extra testing last night and it seems bringing an Ignis makes the problem a lot worse than with most other weapons I have available to test with, perhaps because of the sustained damage. The strange thing is that it doesn't always happen, and some rooms seem to be more prone to it - for instance in the Corpus / Infested ship tileset, the room with the breakable glass walls leading into a center area with a bottomless pit and stairs leading up to a large door on either side of said pit.