Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros helmet Shakal. 170307 Added renders.

arch111

Hi fellow Tenno!

shakalrenders_final_pass_by_gaber111-db1h4br.jpg

I once concepted a Egyptian-themed helmet for Nekros.  I was going to call it Anubis, since Anubis was a god of the dead I thought it was a good match.

Then came Inaros who had his own helmet called Anubis. That threw a wrench into my plans and killed my momentum.

Life went on and one thing led to another and I was unable to complete the helmet. So the thread got archived.

▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

But the concept never died. I needed to get back to it in my own time. And now that time has come.

I got alot of great feedback in the last thread and alot of credit goes to all involved back then. I never would have pushed on without that support!

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▶▲▼▲▶

I am currently doing all the work to finalise it and post it on Steam Workshop. It's going well, and I have set myself the goal of having it completed in about a month time.

When all is said and done, it will look something like this. 

nekrosshakal_by_gaber111-dayxjpp.jpg

The exact tinting is yet to be decided.

I hope you will like it when completed :)

- Arch111 -

Edited by arch111
Guybrush Threepwood: Mighty Pirate!

1 minute ago, Kuestenjung said:

The helmet will give Nekros a nice different touch. 

Waiting for the final release.

I hope so, it's hard to imagine exactly how it will look in the game, but I wanted to give Nekros something new. And this will at the very least be different :)

Awesome design. The look is very Anubis-like (I've seen enough representations of this god to know that the similarities are obvious. You did a great job to make it looks like those). 

Too bad the name is taken. I wouldn't mind if DE rename Inaros' alt helm so yours can have the name Anubis, but at least Shakal is great too. 

6 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Awesome design. The look is very Anubis-like (I've seen enough representations of this god to know that the similarities are obvious. You did a great job to make it looks like those). 

Too bad the name is taken. I wouldn't mind if DE rename Inaros' alt helm so yours can have the name Anubis, but at least Shakal is great too. 

I had a real table-flipping moment when I saw Inaros Anubis. I had been working on this for a long while before we even knew there was an Anubis.

But water under the bridge and all that.

I still have to wait and see if DE think it's good enough of course once I finish it.

Thats a really cool design, I have a totally different view on the frame now! Especially the earrings, which look like nekros "leg rings", are a great idea.

That forehead band thingy looks a little rough and wobbly at the top, is it supposed to look like this? - a little infested?

Could we please get some shots from the side and back?

It actually looks nearly finished, do you have great plans for it and want to add stuff or will you just refine this one and release it?

27 minutes ago, EpicBred said:

Thats a really cool design, I have a totally different view on the frame now! Especially the earrings, which look like nekros "leg rings", are a great idea.

That forehead band thingy looks a little rough and wobbly at the top, is it supposed to look like this? - a little infested?

Could we please get some shots from the side and back?

It actually looks nearly finished, do you have great plans for it and want to add stuff or will you just refine this one and release it?

It is nearly done. I have made some changes to the back and most importantly the neck and how that connects to the body. But I will not make any drastic alterations now.

I will post as I complete the stages, you see I originally had grand plans to add cloth with physics and to add parts that would overlap the body.

I realised that to do that I would need to do a body as well, but that's another project.

And danglies are hard to get apporived. I have 6 rings as it is :D.

Thanks for commenting,  I really appreciate it! The entire goal with this is to give Nekros another look. Besides Syncrasis tennogen,  Nekros have gotten very little love.

I just wish I could make a scythe for him as well, egypt style. That would be awesome! 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)SentientSickness said:

Arch I'm so glad you are finishing this, its been one of my two favorite tennogen items for as long as i can remember 

I am glad you think so :) This allways felt like a community-tennogen in a way. 

Perhaps it is because many of us want more fashionoptions for old bonedaddy. Maby alot of us really like the Anubis theme, I know I do.

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

I am glad you think so :) This allways felt like a community-tennogen in a way. 

Perhaps it is because many of us want more fashionoptions for old bonedaddy. Maby alot of us really like the Anubis theme, I know I do.

Same here, honestly the mythology theme on most frames are quite cool
but works on an extra level for Nekros
thanks again for effort put into such a cool helm

• 3 weeks later...

Nekros neck line and spine as well as the need to stay compatible with mortos, has been thr biggest challenges. 

Well that,  and making sure it looks good on the body, warframes wise. And I am happy with where I ended up.

Nekros ingame model is actually flawed in some areas, and I started worrying about the neck once I used Volt and noticed in 10 seconds that when he turns his head in idle, the neck cuts right through the head!

Can not believe that has not been fixed after all this time.

Anyway, I am hoping to avoid gong back to remake errors like this once I upload.

Tinting is something I am stll working out since Nekros is heavily metallic and non-colorable.

So retopology is pretty easy,  but I am still doing key-errors in Topogun because I haven't gotten used to it yet. But it seems miles faster than Maya and ZBrush that I have used previously.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a partly broken mesh and fixed those issues and exported a reduced mesh to Topogun.

First things were going well. Then TG descided that my file was corrupt -_-. So I had to back track to a older file and redo the work I had lost. 

I don't know where to draw the line though,  my model have many curves and shapes and too few polygons will make it look jagged.

Too many and I break the limit for allowed polygons. 

Anyway, I have caught up and am about 50% done. The faceplate took the longest so the rest is pretty big and self explanatory. I hope ; p

• 5 weeks later...

I finished the low poly model in Topogun. It took me some time to get the hang of it, it have some irritating bugs and problems.

I made the first model with over 3000 triangles :/ I did too many small details. Then I redid it and began simplifying wherever possible and arrived under 2200 before mirroring :)

So far so good right?

I mirrored and imported into TG Viewer. Only half of the head showed up. -_-

I tried fixing in Zb - same issue. Tried fixing in Maya. The problem remained.

I went back into Topogun.  I turned on Show Normals. I then pressed Force Refresh. Then mirrored and the Normals. All point out like they should. 

I exported and imported in Viewer again. It worked! But man I had some har-pulling before.

So now I am doing the maps and things are on track :)

Happy Tenno over here.

54 minutes ago, (PS4)TwilightGrim said:

an apostle of inaros? 

or does thee follow the teachings of an ancient guardian... 

DE stole anubis from me :D so I had to find a new name and finnish this anyway.

To me the god of the dead suits Nekros alot better than a risen mummy. 

On 23.4.2017 at 7:13 PM, arch111 said:

DE stole anubis from me :D so I had to find a new name and finnish this anyway.

To me the god of the dead suits Nekros alot better than a risen mummy. 

my thoughts exactly, would really like to see this in the game.