Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning after 1 year break (help get me up to speed)

Nervara

Question

6 answers to this question

OH Where to start...your MR rank now is your starting mod capacity on...well, everything. Starchart has been upgraded, there are now junctions, basically mini challenge rooms that you have to meet the conditions of before you can unlock it and thus unlock the next planet.

We have the focus system with the second dream, the operator system with war within...new parkour system I believe, new melee system as well...also I believe https://warframe.com/game/quickstart and Y7ngGuM.jpg should help.

Also, 

Edited by Hixlysss
More guide

The biggest changes you'll probably notice are the start chart and void reworks. The star chart is a lot like Star Chart 1.0, but with access to planets locked behind junctions, which must be unlocked by completing various tasks on already unlocked areas. I think they're pretty cool, but some people find them irritating.

The Void is no longer locked behind keys, and is simply a region of the map accessible from several planets. The void does not drop prime parts as rewards. Instead, void relics have replaced keys. You can farm void relics anywhere you could farm keys before. Each relic has its own distinct set of six possible items it can drop when opened, with the drops sorted from common to rare. You open them by collecting ten reactant in a void fissure mission. Void fissure missions are found anywhere on the star chart, organized into four tiers corresponding to the relic eras. Enemies in a fissure mission may be corrupted by the fissure, and these corrupted enemies will drop reactant. Collecting ten reactant opens any relic you have equipped and gives you a random number of void traces. These void traces can be used to refine void relics at a station in your orbiter to increase the likelihood of getting that relic's rare reward. The maximum number of void traces you can stockpile scales with your mastery rank.

The War Within quest has been added and should probably be your first priority upon returning, since sorties, riven mods, and a couple new mechanics are locked behind it. Also, it's a pretty good quest on an awesome new tileset.

A few frames have had tweaks or reworks, though I don't remember the timeline of when they all happened. Ash's Bladestorm got a major change, Trinity's Blessing got a few tweaks (which includes some major nerfs), Mag got a rework, and Hydroid got a couple small improvements. There might be some others I am forgetting about, but you should know by now to check the wiki pages for your favorite frames to get the details of any tweaks they have seen in the time you have been away.

On the whole, the game continues to get better. I hope you enjoy what you find!