Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit: Hotfix 19.10.1+19.10.1.1

[DE]Megan

The Artax is no longer eligible for Riven mods. This weapon does negligible damage on purpose, so most Riven Stats won't positively affect the weapon. Anyone with an existing Artax Riven will keep it as is - you are now the owner of a vintage Mod!

Well that's stupid. Isn't the entire purpose of the Riven system to make underpowered, early, unused weapons usable by end game players? So what's the problem with end game players taking an underpowered, early, or unused weapon and using Rivens on it?

As much as I despise the Riven system I was actually interested in trying it out with the Artax.

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Artax is no longer eligible for Riven mods. This weapon does negligible damage on purpose, so most Riven Stats won't positively affect the weapon. Anyone with an existing Artax Riven will keep it as is - you are now the owner of a vintage Mod!

This seems a bit counter intuitive, yes?

Rivens were created to give a sense of "spice" in less powerful weapons. And now that a low damage-high utility weapon that I, and a lot of fellow tenno love comes out, DE seems to think Rivens shouldn't be allowed for it? 

I understand this change if Rivens were available right away for players, but they have to beat the War Within quest before even having a chance at obtaining one. I get that it's supposed to be the starter sentinel, but if DE is going to draw this distinction, then why can we get rivens for the Braton or the Lato, something else that does 'purposely negligible damage'?

I feel as though this is a smack in the face for the experienced players who really do enjoy the Artax and its fun utility. There's much more to rivens than just "damage," such as status duration and punch through.

Hopefully this change is rethought, since I really do enjoy the Artax, and would love to throw a lot of forma at it. 

Edited by 18tyweslow

The Glast Gambit: Hotfix 19.10.1

For those players who did not receive the Chroma Blueprint after finishing The New Strange quest, you will now have one in your Inventory upon relogging into the game! 

CONCLAVE: HEARTS & ARROWS (starts at 10 a.m. ET)
Kill with kindness in this special variant that mixes passion with precision!

You have 24 hours to kill your friends with love and be rewarded with the new Eros Oro Ornament- Happy Valentine’s Day! 

So while the new decorations and holiday specials are amazing, Conclave is still terrible - please stop gating new things behind a terrible game mode that you yourselves have said less than 1% of the playerbase cares about or plays (because it is objectively bad).  Thanks in advance.

"The point of Rivens is to breath new life into underpowered weapons."

*Removes Riven for underpowered weapon.

The veil is pulled back, for those who didn't see before it is now clear, the point of Rivens is to sell more Platinum.

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

• The Artax is no longer eligible for Riven mods. This weapon does negligible damage on purpose, so most Riven Stats won't positively affect the weapon. Anyone with an existing Artax Riven will keep it as is - you are now the owner of a vintage Mod.

I wont complain about the conclave stuff even tho i agree that 3 conclave events inna row is 2 much ... BUT CMOOOOOOOON first of all as many ppl pointed rivens are not only for dmg , in fact i was thinking on trying to get a -dmg castanas riven mod for ember , i though they was made for other reasons .......... now i see , i guess i was wrong ... long life to power creep!

7 hours ago, AkiraHeartnet said:

This is really sad and really leaves me mad... I had one of this riven mods! And I sold it today because i didnt read patch notes right away... And yeah was my bad but only sold cause I tough i could get another one latter...
And it really leaves me mad because i dont get it. This was the only sentinel weapon that made me actualy use a weapon on sentinels.. because i dont want them for damage i want for crowd controll.... and i had fire rate and reload speed on my riven.... i even formaed the artax already... So i really dont understand why u want to do this.... what are the benefits from this.. People dont care in general for sentinel weapon rivens.. they got for low ammounts of plat, and you guys still keep them, but decide to remove this one just to turn this into a "primed chamber"? Thats really sad...

I feel your pain bro ,i also sold one i think they removed it just so they can make more money and have a reason to remove other rivens later on 

I actually wanted an Artax Riven. :( I know it's a little hypocritical since I absolutely hate that I got stuck with a burst laser riven, but since I don't want to invest in another set of max ranked pistol mods I'm never gonna use it . The Artax has good utility and isn't meta for sentinels unlike the vulklok or sweeper weapons. For that reason I was looking forward to actually buying a riven for it for cheap. Guess that's not gonna happen. :/

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • The Artax is no longer eligible for Riven mods. This weapon does negligible damage on purpose, so most Riven Stats won't positively affect the weapon. Anyone with an existing Artax Riven will keep it as is - you are now the owner of a vintage Mod!

I really don't like this change. It doesn't make sense to single out the Artax when every other weapon in the game barring melee weapons have Rivens. Also, isn't the whole point of Riven mods to bring up weaker weapons that the players enjoy using but may not be viable for end game.

While I get that it won't necessarily benefit from damage there are a lot of Riven effects that could benefit it greatly in its role as a freeze cannon. Status Duration, Zoom, Punch Through.

Please put Artax rivens back or remove all sentinel rivens and rebalance them into their own set of rivens at a later date.

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

damnt :( ah well.

13 hours ago, trunks013 said:

Lol hard choice.

Getting wreked by fellow tenno in conclave and try to get an oro decoration OR spend valentine day with the love of my life  ?

Yeah well, good for you but remember this is a MMO game, mayority of players here have forever been or currently are single so the choice is actually, getting wrecked by fellow tenno in Conclave or wreck minions in single player and save some ego.

BTW next year or the other when the love of your life breaks your heart you can come join us losers and get a heart decoration lol

Well... after reading through all the comments, one could conclude:

Everyone wants the Artax Riven Mod back.  (Myself included...)  DE, this really was a poor judgement call.  Bring it back if you're listening to the people.

Everyone except a very small minority hates PvP in this game.  DE, if you're really trying to diversify this game's content, you need to look at other avenues other than conclave.  You're beating around a dead horse at this point by trying to force players into it.  One can hope someone of high rank in the office realises this and decides to redistribute your creative resources back into making fresh PvE content, because that is the real heart and soul of this game.  Folks love it, it's why this game is successful.  I mean, why not refocus your efforts on making new Archwing content?  That mode has so much potential, but one could argue that it's seemingly abandoned for conclave stuff very few want.

I get it, you're trying to make Warframe appeal to a larger audience, but what's the point if all you're doing is alienating/displeasing your current audience?