Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Alerts Feedback

crimsonspartan1

Just checked the recent hotfix notes and I see another conclave variant alert, with an exclusive reward.

I do understand that you're trying to get people into conclave, but please don't cram exclusive rewards into them. 

Instead, actually fix conclave and balance it out, since it's really broken and not many people have all that much fun in it. 

That way, people might do conclave more, if it was more fun and rewarding, and not broken

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Edited title for clarity

It's a tacky heart decor. I'd skip this.

Also, this is their way of experimenting with loadouts and getting feedback for improvements. Hard to fix things if no one is playing and giving them information.

I found the previous event quite fun. This one... eh... Really, weapons with travel time in a game this fast paced?

Yeh honestly.. whens the last time anything like this was outside of conclave? Minority of your players have had everything since xmas. It's stale, growing bothersome and has in no way made conclave more appealing. If anything, it's doing the opposite.

Just now, Zanchak said:

Yeh honestly.. whens the last time anything like this was outside of conclave? Minority of your players have had everything since xmas. It's stale, growing bothersome and has in no way made conclave more appealing. If anything, it's doing the opposite.

I agree with you there.

I'd love to see a pve event at some point, because these conclave only alerts aren't really fun. They could be more fun if it wasn't so broken and laggy (although that's due to things like the server's connection and the host's connection).

Oh nooo, a cosmetic reward for your SHIP, such a necessity.

... :I

Yea, if you can't tell, I didn't like seeing all these conclave threads before. Yes, Conclave needs improvements, but it's a small cosmetic for your ship that has literally zero impact on gameplay, and will be seen even less than usual cosmetics. Complaining about it being exclusive, as such, just seems silly to me.

I dislike Conclave, I dislike the fact that Conclave has it's own Tactical alerts. PvP was never the strong point of Warframe and it wasn't a thing the majority of players want to do.

Rewards for those who play Conclave? Sure that's great - But putting Tactical Alerts for Conclave is just a terrible idea - It's not fun, it's just tedious.

Conclave with the way this game works mechanic wise is just rage inducing, If you play Conclave you'll know what i'm talking about, You see somenone and the first thing they'll do is just bullet jump all over the place while you do the same, It's just not fun.

Edited by Latiac

Just now, (PS4)rowansprite said:

... :I

Yea, if you can't tell, I didn't like seeing all these conclave threads before. Yes, Conclave needs improvements, but it's a small cosmetic for your ship that has literally zero impact on gameplay, and will be seen even less than usual cosmetics. Complaining about it being exclusive, as such, just seems silly to me.

Its the fact its limited to a small section of the community, not the reward itself, which it is, since if you arent a conclave junkie you last 5 seconds while they all gangbang you because its really elite fun to camp kill conclave noobs. suchskill soelite muchwow

1 minute ago, (PS4)rowansprite said:

Cosmetic stuff means more to some then a new mod.

@OP: I don´t have a problem with the Conclave alerts, although i will never play them again. But I have a problem that the last 2 Conclave Alerts had some nice gimmicks while PvE had no real Event for month.

The last real Event was Rathuum.

Don't play it if you don't like it. If the PvP team wants to put out a conclave TA every week, then they should. It only adds more options for things to do in WF, which is always a positive. I do agree it's been a while since we got a PvE tactical alert, but thats actually an entirely separate issue that has nothing to do with the PvP tactical alerts.

I guess you could consider the Acolytes a tactical alert. For me it was definitely a big platinum lottery. Personally, 2x argon scope and 2x maiming strike are a lot more valuable than a silly liset cosmetic only I can see.

Edited by Skaleek

1 minute ago, Zanchak said:

Its the fact its limited to a small section of the community, not the reward itself, which it is, since if you arent a conclave junkie you last 5 seconds while they all gangbang you because its really elite fun to camp kill conclave noobs. suchskill soelite muchwow

If they're killing you and you can't fight back, then yea, it's actually skill beating you out. PvP games that lessen skill via certain means aren't as fun. I hate to bring it up as an example, but CoD is a perfect example of it. It's easy for anyone to get kills in this, so there is very little skill involved. Warframe is the complete opposite in terms of this, in that it has a MASSIVE skill gap.

Making the skill ceiling easier to reach for newbies is welcome. Lowering the skill ceiling all together is bad for everyone.

Side note: PvP skills in Warframe actually translate VERY well into PvE, particularly in avoiding damage while dealing it.

Tbh, what other event do u want? A 20 minute survival? 3 easy exterminate missions in a row? 

We got a relatively balanced conclave mode with a completely optional and menial reward. Plus, the next operation will be a new game mode, as seen in the recent devstream. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)rowansprite said:

If they're killing you and you can't fight back, then yea, it's actually skill beating you out. PvP games that lessen skill via certain means aren't as fun. I hate to bring it up as an example, but CoD is a perfect example of it. It's easy for anyone to get kills in this, so there is very little skill involved. Warframe is the complete opposite in terms of this, in that it has a MASSIVE skill gap.

Making the skill ceiling easier to reach for newbies is welcome. Lowering the skill ceiling all together is bad for everyone.

Side note: PvP skills in Warframe actually translate VERY well into PvE, particularly in avoiding damage while dealing it.

So its really "skillful" for people who play something all the time, to camp kill people who don't, who, if they want to participate in any event recently, only have these to choose from?

Yeh as I said before, suchskill soelite muchwow. (not really)

To add a point, I dont care they exist, its bothersome that it's all that HAS existed lately though.

Edited by Zanchak
Because points

Just now, Zanchak said:

So its really "skillful" for people who play something all the time, to camp kill people who don't, who, if they want to participate in any event recently, only have these to choose from?

Yeh as I said before, suchskill soelite muchwow. (not really)

...Yes?

For one, "camp"-killing in Warframe is basically impossible. If you stand in one spot, you're dead. Secondly, that's basically the definition of skill in terms of PvP games. You have a lack of skill, and their higher skill is beating you out. Instead of complaining about getting killed, think about what you can learn from that death and adapt, to increase your own skill, and thus stand a chance at fighting them. I hardly ever even play Conclave but I can still stand my own based on what I've learned from past experiences in it.

I don't like DE's direction at the game development, take for example the hema resource cost incident. this signifies that de will no longer be listening to our biggest suggestions so yeah.

they need to stop forcing conclave and archwing down our throats and rather fix the major issues present in this game.

3 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

Idon't like DE's direction at the game development, take for example the hema resource cost's incident. this signifies that de will no longer be listening to our biggest suggestions so yeah.

they need to stop forcing conclave and archwing down our throats and rather fix the major issues present in this game.

for the love of god if u hate conclave DON'T PLAY IT

I agree with OP.

On 2/8/2017 at 4:27 AM, DeMonkey said:

That ''Design by Accretion'' or whatever video is posted so often that everyone's sick of it, yet some of us happily forget it when it suits us.

Warframe keeps players playing/paying by constantly releasing new items. The majority of us are happy, it satisfies the ''fat lootz'' part of our brain. It's been like that for years, and is basically all there is to the game.

So when the newest ''fat lootz'' is locked behind conclave, you can be damn sure that people are going to feel forced into playing it. 

TL;DR Warframe = Loot Game. Locking loot behind a mode the majority don't have any interest in = bad.

No matter how much I want that decoration I'm not going to drag my nuts through the broken glass that is Conclave.

If it were a PvE event I'd log right in.

One of the scenarios is more likely than the other to make me spend money, and is therefore better for DE. I wonder which it is.