Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Alerts Feedback

crimsonspartan1

6 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

I don't like DE's direction at the game development, take for example the hema resource cost incident. this signifies that de will no longer be listening to our biggest suggestions so yeah.

they need to stop forcing conclave and archwing down our throats and rather fix the major issues present in this game.

get off your high horse.

sure the hema cost is high and should probably be reduced, but they arent forcing you to play conclave or archwing, and i rather like aw, it just needs more and better rewards than just a few mods, most of which are useless. of course this  won't change how you think at all and thats fine. but you need to learn something called respect, as well as learn to see things from more than one perspective.

4 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

I don't like DE's direction at the game development, take for example the hema resource cost incident. this signifies that de will no longer be listening to our biggest suggestions so yeah.

they need to stop forcing conclave and archwing down our throats and rather fix the major issues present in this game.

Although I don't want to escalate a sort of arguement between people and such, nor seem rude, I do agree with what you're saying.

Warframe is a game i'll stick with for years and years to come, paying money for stuff such as discounted platinum and prime accessories, but some of their recent decisions, like the hema mutagen sample cost being insanely high, and not sorting it out, due to it "raining" mutagen samples in the derelict is something i disagree with

Same could kinda go for these conclave alerts.

I do understand how DE are trying to get conclave more involved, but locking exclusive rewards being tac alerts, in a gamemode which isn't all that balanced, and quite broken isn't really the way to go. 

And people will tell me to not play it if you don't like it, but if you're a collector of stuff like me, who likes to collect unique and exclusive items, then at times, you'll be required to do it.

Just now, crimsonspartan1 said:

Although I don't want to escalate a sort of arguement between people and such, nor seem rude, I do agree with what you're saying.

Warframe is a game i'll stick with for years and years to come, paying money for stuff such as discounted platinum and prime accessories, but some of their recent decisions, like the hema mutagen sample cost being insanely high, and not sorting it out, due to it "raining" mutagen samples in the derelict is something i disagree with

Same could kinda go for these conclave alerts.

I do understand how DE are trying to get conclave more involved, but locking exclusive rewards being tac alerts, in a gamemode which isn't all that balanced, and quite broken isn't really the way to go. 

And people will tell me to not play it if you don't like it, but if you're a collector of stuff like me, who likes to collect unique and exclusive items, then at times, you'll be required to do it.

same gear, same health, same movement, no passives. what here is broken and unbalanced?

Just now, Hemmo67 said:

same gear, same health, same movement, no passives. what here is broken and unbalanced?

I was implying conclave itself, in general.

I should test this variant out, and hopefully see if it isn't a knockdown party like the last event, which was simply knockdown, knockdown, knockdown.

...or can we get PVP gametypes geared towards PVE players. Nobody wants to play Lunaro, we wanted Rocket League with Warframes, speed, and no spamming stunlocks. Instead we got a third person version of an 90s arcade game that was throw-in like Minelayer for those old Windows 380 floppy disk PC's back in 90s. Seriously De you have a giant PVE community, you made PVP for those who wanted it, now make what in Halo terms is called a plethora of casual community forge creations for the PVE majority if you're gonna throw in cosmetics, because all your asking for is AFKs and cliff divers just trying by attrittion to gain enough standing to complete the alert with minimal effort and inner hatred for being forced to do so. 

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

Just now, crimsonspartan1 said:

It's the same situation someone who hates defending useless junk or a suicidal lunatic (like me) would face if DE releases a Tac Alert with exclusive reward and the mission is defending a piece of useless junk or a suicidal lunatic (I'm talking Defense/MD/Excavator and Sortie Def). I will play it anyway or not bother at all, I usually go for the 'play it anyway to get reward' and I've only chosen 'not bother' on False Profit.

Also, Variants are perfectly balanced. Same gear, everyone has same ehp and mobility. The only difference between players is skill, and that's not their problem.

3 minutes ago, NovusNova said:
  Reveal hidden contents

dZXvd69.jpg

So 2 matches if you place in top 3 for both, 6 matches if you "lose" every-time.

So what? The amount you have to do it doesn't detract from the unpleasantness of the task.

It doesn't matter to me if it's a single match, I'm not logging in for something I'm not going to enjoy when I have plenty of other games installed that I do enjoy.

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

So what? The amount you have to do it doesn't detract from the unpleasantness of the task.

It doesn't matter to me if it's a single match, I'm not logging in for something I'm not going to enjoy when I have plenty of other games installed that I do enjoy.

Not saying it doesn't. I am just informing people of the actual requirements of the "event".

I'm not that happy with purely PvP events either but that is more due to my personal preference of games in general rather than having a liset decoration as the reward or the state of Warframe's PvP. 

4 minutes ago, NovusNova said:
  Reveal hidden contents

dZXvd69.jpg

So 2 matches if you place in top 3 for both, 6 matches if you "lose" every-time.

So let me get this straight. People are complaining that you have to play Conclave in order to get the Eros "Oro" Ornament? Oro is in the name, so technically its a PvP thing or did I taking crazy pills this morning?

Warframe Mechanics does not go hand in hand with typical PvP, Instead the hit reg is awful and the mechanics are frustrating.

They should focus more on different style of PvP in Warframe that fits better with the PvE Mechanics, as an Example Lunaro and such where the Mobility is a compliment and the bad hit reg wont have an big effect at all. 

Then Conclave should be either removed or moved into clans/alliances where Warlords can make their own PvP modes, where they can play around with settings. to Optimize it for their own taste.(example remove bullet jump and so on)

I always figured the point of the recent flux of conclave events was less about drawing people into conclave and more about stress-testing dedicated servers in preparation for tying relays and dojos into them.

I've enjoyed what conclave events I've played decently enough but it's been so long since we had a non-pvp event. I get that the pvp ones are literally the easiest thing to make ever, but I still wish we had some kind of alternation between the two.

EDIT: That said this one sucks. Bows are unforgiving to hit with and there is no melee option. The bows don't even use the heart arrows which seems really lame. The progress also isn't recorded properly. At the moment of posting I've placed first one match, placed third one match, and placed fourth in one match. My score is on 3. It should be on 7.

Edited by DrFail
We're all typos down here

To preface this isn't a rant, or a metacomplaint. I see a lot of comments from people saying they feel forced to play Conclave, and other comments laughing and saying they aren't forced to do anything.

Both sides are correct in my opinion, nobody is literally forced into playing the mode, but there is certainly an understandable reason as to why you would feel that way.

Warframes Design:

Obviously I'm not going to post that video, we've all seen it enough by now, Warframe's design is that of accretion and it has been that way for years. There are of course pros and cons to this design that I'm not going to get into, the point however is that we have become used to this design.

Dare I say it, some of us may have become somewhat addicted to this design. The waiting for the newest shiny to farm, play with or simply ogle. There's nothing wrong with that of course, arguably the intention of this type of design is to create this sort of addiction.

But what does this actually mean?:

Each of us are going to want the newest shiny differently to others, some will want it instantly, some won't be bothered by the newest item for varied reasons. For those who want the item however there is certainly a feeling of pressure to play Conclave. It has become habitual to play the game for the newest loot, and having the newest loot locked behind something that you really don't enjoy is a massive buzzkill.

However it is just a cosmetic, as nice as it would be to have it sometimes you just have to weigh up your own enjoyment against the new shiny and decide if it's worth it or not.

Why bother posting this?:

I doubt this will reach many, I just want to open up each side to the others outlook. Hopefully this'll prevent some of the more vitriolic comments in threads.

There is 100% a pressure to play Conclave for some now, and that isn't their fault nor is it something they can change. If someone says that they feel forced to play Conclave I'd ask that you refrain from antagonistic replies just because you don't feel the same.

In the same breath I'd ask that no one says that they are forced to play conclave, the biggest issue I see is people taking it too literally when someone says they are forced to play it. Word it as ''I feel forced'' or ''There is pressure'' instead.

Too much feedback is being derailed by this issue. Chill out and have a Banana.

C07zF-iWIAA6D3U.jpg

Not sure why my thread Discussing the Community has been merged to here in PvP Feedback!?

Especially since I don't say anything even remotely close to ''Please stop with the conclave events''.

I mean, you'd kinda hope that merged threads would actually be relevant, wouldn't you?

To those reading this, if you wouldn't mind reporting this post for being in the wrong place I'd appreciate it.

Edited by DeMonkey

Agreed. I definitely do see where people come from where they feel 'encouraged' to play conclave. Thing is on the flipside, with this frequent backslash from this encouragement, it should being encouraging DE to really get to the heart of some of the key issues with PvP.

Also...

Minions was a terrible film

Edited by Naith

But there is no other way to achieve the exclusive reward so they are forced to play it if they want to get it. This is a PvE game and I certainly don't download PvE games (it didn't even have PvP beyond dojo dueling which is where it should of stayed when I started) for PvP.

I get that somehow some people can enjoy the PvP in this game, but they should have a PvE and PvP option to achieve x reward because the only reason why this game exists is due to players enjoying the PvE aspect.

Edited by IElitePredatorI
Additional info.

Yeah it's not forcing people to play conclave when they stick hard to get and limited edition items in an event that is stuck at the top of the navigation panel....

A whole side to warframe is about collecting as much of the available items as you can, you need to 'collect' weapons and frames to increase your MR level for example, these rely on mods and theres an entire section about your mod collection... Then there's the endgame meta of 'fashion frame' and we all know that the long terms goal from leaks is to open up our ships to other players too so 'fashion ship' will be a thing too at some point (I mention this due to the orb reward).

Now the biggest issue with conclave for me is it simply isn't good enough for PvP events, simple as that really.  Until they fix the fundamental issues of matchmaking where I might be MR18 in PvE but as I don't do PvP  I might as well be MR0 in conclave, sync between players and joining later than others (it does happen) the game type should not be used for anything that has 'limited edition' items in it IMO.

EDIT: completely forgot about oro...that is one heck of a stupid system where you need to pick it up rather than it going to the person who did the kills...

Edited by LSG501