Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Alerts Feedback

crimsonspartan1

2 minutes ago, kyori said:

A bit puzzling as in why people enjoy PvP games like Cs or Overwatch etc... but not in warframe.

Maybe because it is in 3rd person view?... 

For me personally it's the movement.

It's far too infuriating trying to hit people as they zoom about the map, I have no patience for it at all.

This makes the 4th conclave event since we got a fresh PvE event. If this trend keeps up, I foresee many people (including myself) leaving warframe. I only speak for myself when I say this: Conclave is not fun. They need to massively rework it for it to be enjoyable. I honestly can't see how people enjoy getting kills and not be rewarded for it because of the stupid oro system. Not to mention that everyone springs around like a rabbit on meth. Please fix it or stop making events for it

2 minutes ago, kyori said:

A bit puzzling as in why people enjoy PvP games like Cs or Overwatch etc... but not in warframe.

Pretty much just base on game design, there are like thousands of post on this matter already, you can just do some search on this forum and on reddit to find them.

Well. Can't blame DE trying to revive a dead game mode. It's kinda funny seeing updates and a portion of the update is about pvp and balancing. But I feel like why even update pvp if no one plays it? So how do you get ppl to play pvp? Drop a exclusive reward for playing for a couple of rounds. I'm sure DE pvp numbers proven that more ppl play if there is a exclusive reward up for grabs than without one. That's why they keep releasing pvp content.

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

I was going to up-vote you but then you posted minions so I can't. It's impossible.

I like the pvp events for the most part, though this one is pretty awful and the progress tracker seems busted. But I can definitely see why people feel forced into it and to be honest I'd much rather there be a more even balance between pvp and pve events, some sort of staggering so we dont get 3 pvp events in a row.

A third reason I feel people are feeling pressured about conclave events is because it's really the only event we've had since October, if you count the index preview. April iirc if you don't count the preview. There's a push not only for completion-ism surrounding the new shiny but also the constant need in this type of game to experience something new. A need everyone is just used to events filling since they have done so for years and thus will feel forced partake in events pretty much no matter what.

Look either the prize is worth playing PvP to you or it isn't.  It's really that simple.  I don't really enjoy the PvP all that much but I played to get all the conclave rewards I wanted, I did all the Snowballing, and I plan on doing Quick Steel and this when it comes to PS4.  I want the prizes I play what it takes to get them. 

If DE is seeing numbers and feels there is a large enough PvP player base to warrant the occasional PvP mini event then it's fine. 

I think a lot of people are confusing encouragement to play a mode the devs spent a lot of time developing with forcing to play the mode. Its all about how good that carrot looks on that stick and where it leads you. Sometimes it leads to places you've see and like, and other times its intended to get you out of your comfort zone and try something else. The problem in the end doesn't lie with the carrot placement, but with your desire to chase every carrot. Just my 2 cents. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

10 minutes ago, JuicyPop said:

This game mode would have actually been fun had the Oro points system not been involved. 

Agreed, Oro is a nice idea, but a horrible system. Oh, you got more kills than the other guy but couldn't pick up the Oro because you got backstabbed half the time? Well, ain't that a shame ...

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

For me personally it's the movement.

It's far too infuriating trying to hit people as they zoom about the map, I have no patience for it at all.

100% this. In Overwatch, people don't bounce all over the place like flipping rubberballs. With two exceptions, they can't jump higher than I do, so even if they jump in the right moment, a headshot will still be a bodyshot. Movement in general is way more moderate. Sure, you still have to aim ahead, but Genji is the only one that comes even close to Warframe movement.

DE pitched this game as coop and it is one of the few F2P games that has actually have a PVE aspect worth a damn. Warframe built its reputation and player base as a PVE coop game. There are bigger and more established games that started the design stage as a PVP experience, and built their player base on PVP, and they have the PVP market covered. All the conclave-exclusive rewards are doing is alienating the people who have flocked to Warframe for the things it does that are actually fairly unique from other games.  The conclave alerts are so desperately unpopular that there is rampant botting and "gentleman's agreements" to subvert the game mode by the PVE-focused players who are forced into it. Even people who actually enjoy PVP don't want to play with them!

And to say that "well nobody is forcing you to play conclave".... Don't be silly.  Warframe is a game which is fundamentally about collecting all the rewards and items in the game. It's a collectionist and completionist game where your numbers go up and you get all the things.  You don't "have to" click on a square in Minesweeper either, but to fail to do is to miss the purpose of the game.

Edited by Momaw

Hey that's a huge performance from DE guys.

They succeeded in making an event even more boring than the Quick Steel one.

I don't believe in them anymore. I have to say, I was not far from being ready to spend 140€ for Banshee Prime, but now nothing is less sure. F*** off, I'm fed up with this slow-as-F*** game mode to run 6 boring times to get an exclusive rewards.

10 minutes ago, kyori said:

Maybe because it is in 3rd person view?... 

I've said it before I don't mind PvP, I enjoy unreal tournament for example, but thats because they're designed to be PvP with all the code designed around that gameplay rather than it being bolted on to a PvE without the dedicated infrastructure/code to make it work properly.

7 minutes ago, LabMan95 said:

This makes the 4th conclave event since we got a fresh PvE event. If this trend keeps up, I foresee many people (including myself) leaving warframe. I only speak for myself when I say this: Conclave is not fun. They need to massively rework it for it to be enjoyable. I honestly can't see how people enjoy getting kills and not be rewarded for it because of the stupid oro system. Not to mention that everyone springs around like a rabbit on meth. Please fix it or stop making events for it

Just now, Momaw said:

DE pitched this game as coop and it is one of the few F2P games that has actually have a PVE aspect worth a damn. Warframe built its reputation and player base as a PVE coop game. There are bigger and more established games that started the design stage as a PVP experience, and built their player base on PVP, and they have the PVP market covered. All the conclave-exclusive rewards are doing is is alienating the people have flocked to Warframe for the things it does that are actually fairly unique from other games.  The conclave alerts are so desperately unpopular that there is rampant botting and "gentleman's agreements" to subvert the game mode by the PVE-focused players who are forced into it. Even People who actually enjoy PVP don't want to play with them!

And to say that "well nobody is forcing you to play conclave".... Don't be silly.  Warframe is a game which is fundamentally about collecting all the rewards and items in the game. It's a collectionist and completionist game.

Both of these people I strongly agree with.

Although I must say, I kinda enjoyed this tac alert quite a bit, but I still stick to my views, and don't really want to see only conclave events, or else 2017 will be the year of conclave tac alerts ._.

Conclave? Fun? Can those two words even go together?

I actually enjoyed playing the Hearts and Arrows event because you couldn't melee.

In my opinion, one of the worst things about QS and SS was the melee. Rather than showing players that you could take out opponents at range with your Hikou, it taught players to just spam E because it does 100+ damage up close. I feel like this was a major turn off for a lot of players and even I found it annoying.

Now that players are forced to use their main weapons and not rely on melee to kill players, I think this might be the best game mode to come out of Conclave. It teaches players travel time and drop, albeit very minor, and it shows players how bows can be used in both short and long range combat.

I think that this is a step in the right direction for Conclave and I hope DE does more stuff like this.

4 minutes ago, LightningAWG said:

hey, i just did 2 rounds where everyone agreed to dont kill anyone so we all get the 3 points. welp, came back after 2 rounds and didnt get any points.

Are you doing the conclave "event" on public or doing it friends only / invite only?

I believe points will only be registered when you go in on Public.