Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

want to be an underdog warframe

(PSN)HawkBoy71

Question

Hey I am very new to Warframe and this is my first ever question so please don't get mad if this has already been answered. Anyway, I LOVE being the underdog in games. I like to be the guy that joins in a lobby and is the only kind of my character. I like to be support character if that helps. Thanks a lot.

Just now, (PS4)abbacephas said:

The two that come to my mind are Rhino (he's easy to acquire early on in the game) and Trinity (she comes a bit later).

Since you're still new, focus on getting Rhino. His third ability (Roar) helps buff your teammates' damage output. Quite useful.

but ...those are so common its not funny ...... op asked for a underdog , not commonly used 

hydroid is unless your farming is one i rarely see in regular play 

can heal, can do acid rain, can also cc large areas, remove status procs ect 

that should suit 

Just now, (PS4)HawkBoy71 said:

your style i think if that what you wanted to play 

1 minute ago, (PS4)HawkBoy71 said:

Also, I have heard of oberon being a good support but not sure...

Words "Oberon" and "good" can't coexist in one sentence.

But it's unclear what you even want more, playing support or playing warframe that barely anyone else would pick. Because the only useful support is Trinity not that rare to see her tho. Warframes you will pretty much never see - Oberon, Hydroid, Atlas, Limbo, Titania and Zephyr.

15 minutes ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

Words "Oberon" and "good" can't coexist in one sentence.

But it's unclear what you even want more, playing support or playing warframe that barely anyone else would pick. Because the only useful support is Trinity not that rare to see her tho. Warframes you will pretty much never see - Oberon, Hydroid, Atlas, Limbo, Titania and Zephyr.

a oberon and zephyr  ..they erases anything with cc kill trick  ....do people honestly not know this yet O.e? [swear i spilled the beans on zephyr..the other day] 

hydroid has support powers

limbo also does as well

atlas can be defensive support...meh, farm yes....

titania has lots of support, but not really very offensive in much ways ..besides pixie form 

but then one could say ivara also has support in her kit ... 

underdog?

Zephyr!

To provide that team support, get the Jet Stream augment mod. 
("provide additional movement speed and projectile speed for Zephyr and nearby allies.")

And yeah Hydroid might be viable too. He certainly fits the underdog aspect.

For team support:
 Provide CC with Tempest Barrage and add Corroding Barrage for some armor stripping. 
 CC and Fun with Tidal Surge and add Tidal Impunity to "cleanse"
 Undertow with Curative_Undertow to heal.
 Tentacle Swarm with Pilfering Swarm for more cc with a chance at Bonus Loot.

Man, Hydroid would really benefit a lot having his augments baked into their abilities and/or having some Augment only slots.

45 minutes ago, (PS4)HawkBoy71 said:

Hey Is mesa popular? *an underdog?

Nope, mesa is far from an underdog.

I guess maybe "Alpha Dog" might fit her better, haha

She's gone under the nerfbat and paid her dues and is really a great frame right now.

^ most of those mentioned above are underdogs for reasons. It's sadly not only a question of meta but also effect.

Oberon and limbo are broken, zephyr is outdated, hydroid is kinda useless.

Mesa, excalibur, volt and banshee is what i'd advice you to use. They are rather rare without beein bad. That's rather of a personal advice but i'd wait with banshee till you access focus, naramon in detail. I'm the only one who seems to play her his way but she using melee, cloaked by insibility, protected by silence on approaching enemys and beein able to dismantle armor is a GOD in this game.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

I'd say frames like Mag, Trinity, Nyx, or even Loki. Frames with abilities that aren't really designed for instantly OHK'ng everything in sight. It really makes you work to earn your spot.

Every frame has their niche, and support frames really start to shine when there's actual pressure on a group and enemies have a life expectancy longer than six seconds. Otherwise, you're just a glorified mobile turret.

Edited by Zourin

Hydroid Curative Undertow Build
Oberon Smite Infusion/Max Range Reckoning Build
Ember Flash Accelerant/Fireball Frenzy Build
Ash Smoke Shadow Build
Those 4 warframes are either unpopular and/or undesired by teams, but if you can make these builds work and have fun, you'd be the gem of the squad. I do this in PUGs just to feel nice and show that these warframes are more than just selfish boring meta frames or underpowered.