Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #88!

[DE]Rebecca

Hi to the dev team, 

That is my very first post for a question to the devs, and I think this one might, or might not, be coming back every now and then. 

In a recent stream,  [DE]Steve, the pink short lord, stated that the Nvidia PhysX effects were giving the team troubles as to... Turbulence driven effects needing to be done multiple times, once for Nvidia, and once for everyone else, to have the effects back. 

My question is, as of now, most of the original PhysX effects are gone, but if time was to appear, or be taken would you take the time to retroactively add PhysX effects to elements not featuring them at this current time ? 

P.S : At this very moment there is a thread running down showing some of us, players, want to see those effects back in the game. And we are now trying to come up with ideas as to how the implementation of new, and some of the old retired effects could be handled for everyone to create comfortable experiences with different levels of graphic capabilities taking into account what we know of the current system and what the old PhysX effects were. 

Thanks for reading. 

Excited for those Limbo changes. I got two questions!

1st: With the addition of Taxon are there any plans to remove the ability mods from sentinels/companions similar to when Warframes got their ability mods removed in Update 15?

2nd: About the UI. There is a really handy indicator when scrolling through your weapons that shows how many Forma were used on a weapon. Could we get a similar indicator right next to that that shows if a catalyst is installed?

Question.

I would like to ask about the  possibility of picture mode, similar to Final Fantasy 14  Group camera. In this mode UI is disabled, players can perform emotes, change filters, lighting and more. I think this would help out Warframe content creators and allow players to make some artistic videos, pictures.

Edited by rytisrytis

10 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I just got out of Sortie, and I got a lens. So I'm a salt mine right now, because RNG will not drop a riven. With that said can Rivens please be added to the Login Rewards so at least there's some hope on getting one after 50 days of Lens and Statues. Don't you want us to spend plat on Riven slots? Because I sure want to.  

That would be great. I was thinking about a very special riven you get where yo can select which weapon it's for, or make it for any weapon category!

4 hours ago, Masterlele said:

I definitely want to try it, please. Demoed me noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow <3 <3 <3 <3 (config A)

My Limbo has 2 forma and I like his concept. However I hate some of his features, such as the inability to collect items and inability to hacking terminals. I hoped that one day, as you did with Ash with the possibility of using teleport on objects, we will have had the possibility to send terminal in Rift for hacking it xD.

btw, I can't wait to try it, please consider. At least I'll know where to put the third forma

Please [DE]Rebecca let this guy up here demoing limbo... It would be fricking amazing...

Demoing the new limbo? Hmmmm sounds interesting.

Though I'm curius what about that pump shotgun we got a glimpse of?

Any plans to update existing game modes to make them more dinamic? 

Hopelly somewhere in the future we will se some sort of heavy weapon like a chaingun. Or being able to use archwing weapons in ground missions with limited ammunition. Something like ground support charges.

Some questions maybe one is worth asking:

1. In a recent devstream you talked about how Archwing would need another look at. I've been wondering for a while. What exactly is your goal or main vision for Archwing? What is the mode supposed to feel like in the end when playing it and how it is supposed to connect to Warframe's gameplay as a whole?

Knowing this might be helpfull for the players who wish to suggestion improvements for it.

2. Seeing how you gave many of the starter weapons and their regular models a new look (nice work on the Braton), i once again notice that you left the starter weapon selection a bit odd. Why are there no MK1 Skana and Lato with stronger regular versions? Why leave the starter weapon selection in this asymmetric state?

3. The new colors for the Skana, Lato and Braton seem to imply them being meant to be Excalibur's signature weapons or at least to resemble him. I notice that the coloring and patterns on Lacera, Talon and Rubico, seem to be based on Loki's default colors aswell. Is this a trend you want to follow with Tenno weapons in the long run?

4. Which other older weapons are currently in your crosshair to get a visual makeover later?

5. Seeing how long we allready had the Lotus and Hunhow masks for Sentinels, how long had you planned for a major character named Hunhow to be connected to the Lotus?

6. If i recall right, you original planned for the new (players firsts) Sentinel to come with a small quest. Is that still a plan in the long run or did you drop it for good because of time vs. effort reasons?

Wooooooooo new Limbo ! I like Limbo for his absolutely insane self buff he can have with his Rift surge and Rift torrent augment, made a build trying to get the most out of it to get the biggest buff possible, not exactly finish for the moment but it does the work in my opinion ^^. Would love to demo that !

First time submitting questions and have a few, sorry.

Rage and Quick Thinking haven’t worked together in ages, yet Quick Thinking still has the infinite stun which always gets you killed at higher levels, defeating the purpose. Why?

Will we ever be able to get Kuva from the Kuva Fortress, even in abysmal amounts? There’s no reason to go there other than that stance.

Will Nezha ever be able to heal or replenish Warding Halo? Blazing Chakram already heals, they can synergize.

Console login coupons haven’t worked on boosters since SotR, but they did prior. That’s all any vet that had everything from the market used to spend them on; now there’s no reason to use them. Can that be fixed?

You said we’d continue the conversation about possible Vacuum on pets later on; it’s later on. Even at a reduced range for pets, Vacuum is too good to pass up most of the time.

Speaking of pets, can the stabilizers be looked at? 40% per use is a little much. Say your pet is at 80% health and you want it at 100%, using one is so wasteful due to spill off.

Could you make Ayatan sculptures be highlighted on the map if a teammate picks one up? A lot of times I see people not contributing to the mission while looking and they never waypoint them.

Can passive for focus be active as soon as you start? I know a rework is coming but it could be implemented in the meantime.

Warframe currently has no endgame other than fashionframe, which I think would be somewhat fixed by raids if the arcane slotting system allowed for more diversity. I know you guys don’t want to slot them like mods, but the current system limits it so much that most people don’t even see the point or bother.

Thanks for your time!

Edit: could we get a way to turn on notifications on replies after the fact since we can't delete comments and redo them? I submitted hastily...

Edited by (PS4)TexasTwurkT3am

Mighty Rivens:

• Are you going to tweak the Riven system further? While the Rivens help the majority of guns, it's definitely not all of them: weapons with 5% or less Critical-% and Status don't benefit from these Riven bonuses at all, thus, limiting your creativity regarding modding your weapons to basics: Damage, Multishot, Physical or Elemental damage types. Also, will there be Prime-like (Lex Prime, Akstiletto Prime etc.) and Starter-like (MK-1s, Burston, Braton etc.) dispositions? The recent hotfixes that tweaked Aklex disposition (mostly because of its Primed version) and Artax being removed from the Riven system demonstrated how out of touch it can be, because the power of Artax doesn't lie in this damage, it lies in its utility. And non-Primed weapons definitely shouldn't suffer due to their Primed versions' power.

Focus 2.0

• Any progress there? To be fair, right now the half of Focus system seems to be... Corrupted. Reviving at the cost of dealing Viral/Magnetic proc on ally? Reducing allies' Shield capacity? And yet the team buffs like Naramon's Invisibility, Unairu's Armour and Vazarin's protection have miserable duration and %s. And the passives like Vazarin's Retaliation not worthing at all: reflecting 10% of damage back to attackers just doesn't make any sense. Since the operators start to have significant role in the game I think it's about darn time to dust the Focus off :smile:

Planet regions with related rewards:

• Have you considered Starchart rewards overhaul? Similar to Tellurium dropping in AW-related missions: it would make sense that Lua could have rewards like Lenses and increased chance for obtaining Axi relics, while Nitain would be tied to Uranus Sabotages (not just Sab 2.0), Kuva Fortress could have Kuva in small amounts (compared to Kuva Siphon missions) etc., 'cause right now Starchart has mostly copy-pasted reward pools and no matter how good the tileset is, players will look for a faster alternative. That way people would be encouraged and rewarded to play various tilesets and not picking the most efficient one.

Syndicate Augments

• It's been long time since Design Council selected warframe augments and much longer since you teased weapon augments (Miter, Obex etc.). While the latter ones could be scrapped due to Riven system, the former ones were planned to make it in. And the question is, how soon?