Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Odd microphone issues after latest patch.

TrouNoir

I was playing today and my team complained of microphone feedback. I thought this was odd, as both of my microphones (one headset, one webcam) were disabled and I have push-to-talk enabled and bound to a key I couldn't press by accident. I didn't know what they were talking about, so after the mission was over I went into the options menu to do a microphone test. Lo and behold, I could hear fuzzing static as if one of my microphones was turned on.

I unplugged my webcam from my computer, and unplugged my headset microphone too (even though it has an in-line mute, I thought maybe that was faulty).

With both devices completely unplugged, I did the microphone test again and could still hear the static.

Does anyone know what's causing this? Again all of my microphones are completely unplugged and I have push-to-talk enabled, but people are reporting feedback in missions. Obviously this must be very annoying for them but I can't do anything about it. I have no other devices that can pick up sound, and this only started happening after today's patch. 

Oh and I use a desktop PC, not a laptop, so there are no built-in microphones I might not be aware of. 

Edited by TrouNoir

This isn't a new bug it's been around I have heard it twice one was the static the other was someone talking, not sure what would cause it seems random or the push to talk button got stuck on if you still have the problem I recommend going to audio and switching your mic input and testing it to see what causes it, and maybe pressing your push to talk button a few times.