Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions for the new hit marker

SneakyBeakyIvarr

I'll start off by saying I enjoy the new hit marker. While it may not be the most essential thing ever, it's a nice touch.

However others have been complaining that it's too obtrusive during battle, especially with high fire rate weapons. Two possible solutions (Other than a simple toggle):

1) Shorten the time the marker is on screen:

With high fire rate weapons, the marker appears to "stack" and bounce quite a bit inside the reticle. Right now the marker appears on hit before fading away slowly (Relative to the speed of the game and/or weapon fire rate).The marker should rather be a "pip" instead; staying on screen for a shorter time before disappearing near instantly (If not instantly).

This would help with the clutter the marker can create when using a high fire rate weapon.

2) Remove the "bounce" of the marker:

Particularly on headshot markers. Switching from bodyshots to headshots using a high fire rate weapon produces a very noticeable bouncing in the marker (Due to the headshot marker having a bigger bounce than the bodyshot one). This can be rather distracting/obtrusive.

This would help with visibility while spraying wildly in to your enemies.

I think an example of a game having good hit markers is Battlefield 4. While the markers do have a bounce, the markers stay on screen for such a small amount of time that it makes it barely noticeable. Visibility stays good while firing
(Also BF4 provides customisation to hit markers. That could also be a good addition to Warframe).

Here's a video trying to show what I'm talking about in terms of "bouncing/stacking". The quality isn't great but you can kinda make out the hitmarkers. If not, just use your imagination, I guess?

Spoiler

I used the Prisma Grakata to try exaggerate what I was talking about the most ('cause maximum Dakka). Other weapons may not be as bad as this.

Edited by Zombies164
Minor grammar/spelling