Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please stop this thought that Mirage is the only thing that makes Synoid Simulor OP?

sappinmahsentry

Actually Mirage does need nerfs. Before the Synoid Simulor Mirage abused other weapons horribly and will find a new one if Simulor itself is nerfed. Yes, Simulor needs to be nerfed independently of Mirage, but Mirage could also use balancing independently of Simulor. 

It is far too easy for her to pick up the latest flavor of the month and make it absolutely ludicrous. And that IS a problem, whether those who are fans of Mirage want to admit it or not. Even after the change to Prism she is still one of the most overpowered frames in the game by far due to her interactions with many weapons. 

And that won't be solved by simply nerfing the Synoid Simulor. That solves nothing except that particular weapon, and there is far more wrong with Mirage than the Synoid Simulor. 

In short: They both need balancing.

Edited by Tesseract7777

27 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Actually Mirage does need nerfs. Before the Synoid Simulor Mirage abused other weapons horribly and will find a new one if Simulor itself is nerfed. Yes, Simulor needs to be nerfed independently of Mirage, but Mirage could also use balancing independently of Simulor. 

It is far too easy for her to pick up the latest flavor of the month and make it absolutely ludicrous. And that IS a problem, whether those who are fans of Mirage want to admit it or not. Even after the change to Prism she is still one of the most overpowered frames in the game by far due to her interactions with many weapons. 

And that won't be solved by simply nerfing the Synoid Simulor. That solves nothing except that particular weapon, and there is far more wrong with Mirage than the Synoid Simulor. 

In short: They both need balancing.

Are you going to trying the "rework" on this too ? you already witness what happened to Ash.

Edited by Soketsu

8 minutes ago, Soketsu said:

you already witness what happened to Ash.

Ash is still perfectly fine, he's just less disgustingly cheesy.

I mean, it's not like his (ridiculously cheap to cast) ult does thousands of Finisher damage per hit, or anything. And it certainly doesn't proc increased bleed effects based on that insane damage. 

But, OP I do agree with you.

i think you with your daily complaints on the forums have already nerfed mirage and ember. The social pressure you put on players is big. I haven't seen so much mirages these days. I mean, i don't even want to touch that frame, and when using ember, i feel bad, because world on fire on low missions is the only thing worthy of use. But maybe i'm wrong.

Well, I know based on my experience in teams with them, I won't be picking up the Mirage or the Synoid Simulor (except MAYBE to trade it, but then I'd be adding one to the general population if I did). I just don't wanna be that guy. 

Ember on the other hand, is less of a big deal to me. I'm building Ember now (like my 17th frame or something, I just went back to farm Ruk for her parts), and on low level missions I can probably resist the urge to WoFfle it - I like shooting things with my guns, anyway, so if I'm doing low-level runs, I often forget to use powers at all. Only time Ember pisses me off is when the player forgets that WoF can kill everything in a mission before it can be corrupted, thus leaving us all with no reactant. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

Oh look, the OP has a history of begging that nearly half the weapons are nerfed.

I have no idea why some of you are against fun. Disgustingly broken combos (Like Mirage Simulor, not Simulor alone unlike what you thikn) I can understand, but OP is STILL begging for Tonkor to get nerfed.

It's not happening.

1 hour ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Ash is still perfectly fine, he's just less disgustingly cheesy.

I mean, it's not like his (ridiculously cheap to cast) ult does thousands of Finisher damage per hit, or anything. And it certainly doesn't proc increased bleed effects based on that insane damage. 

But, OP I do agree with you.

Perfeclty under tier yes, will be long until a team use him as a DPS again.

Edited by Soketsu

29 minutes ago, kgptzac said:

The Synoid Simulor isn't as broken now compare to other meta weapons like the tonkor or soma prime.  If you want to nerf one, you need to present your argument that why rest of the meta weapons aren't destroying your fun or needs nerfing.

Soma Prime: ammo hungry, good DPS, have to actually aim.

Tonkor: uber damage on headshots, bouncy grenades, low magazine size, meh reload, travel time.

Synoid Simulor:...largest AOE, sniper tier damage, ammo efficient, built in CC, restores energy, pure elemental, good reload to magazine size ratio, vortex mechanic is the most favorable weapon EVER for Mirage (not to mention annoying sounds and visuals).

The first two require at least some level of skill and don't have the capability to wipe an entire room or two with no effort. SySim is simply zero effort and 200% reward.

32 minutes ago, Magneu said:

Soma Prime: ammo hungry, good DPS, have to actually aim.

Tonkor: uber damage on headshots, bouncy grenades, low magazine size, meh reload, travel time.

Synoid Simulor:...largest AOE, sniper tier damage, ammo efficient, built in CC, restores energy, pure elemental, good reload to magazine size ratio, vortex mechanic is the most favorable weapon EVER for Mirage (not to mention annoying sounds and visuals).

The first two require at least some level of skill and don't have the capability to wipe an entire room or two with no effort. SySim is simply zero effort and 200% reward.

Your selective presentation of facts are quite amusing.  Here's something to consider:

1. Synoid Simulor has crp range compare to Soma Prime and Tonkor.  It can only cover a fraction of Soma's range and at best half of Tonkor's effective range.  I can land headshots across a plateau with soma and with tonkor, and of a very long room. You can't do that with the simulor.  Not every mission is dark sector defense/survival where enemies naturally bunch up and charge to you until melee range.  When you get enemies stand outside of simulor's range shooting at you, the other weapons have an indisputable advantage.

2. The simulor may require less precise aiming, but calling it "no effort" is bullsht.  With Mirage out of picture, you still need to approximate a general direction of the "center of mob" of the incoming enemies to maximize the AOE damage.  The short bullet range or (if you are like me added punch thru to the gun,) fixed range requires more precise positioning of yourself in relationship with your targets, where with soma I can just shoot at whatever I see and bullets will land.  With the tonkor it'll just be a vertical offset with the cross hair.

3. How often do you do sorties?  If the Synoid Simulor is truly the magical gun that's good at everything and bad at nothing, then I surely should have seen more MR12+ people using them in sorties.  You are fooling nobody here, because those who are capable of analytical thinking can actually go to sorties, pay attention to what people are using, and say "hey, maybe there's a reason why most of them choosing guns other than Synoid Simulor and let me find out why!"

In closing... The weapons as a whole from this game are far from balanced.  There's always one or two weapons for any given scenario that's "meta" and out-performs everything else.  Synoid Simulor, along a few others, are of this category, and I have some issues with people presenting highly misleading "facts" and claiming the Synoid Simulor deserves more nerf than other meta weapons.

Edited by kgptzac
minor typo

Oh look, it's that time of the day again.

Lately I rarely see 1 miramulor a day. Ember is way more common, and you can easily tell it's used by lazy people that just sit at the objective and let the power kill stuff around.

All these tantrums will lead to simulor having the gammacor treatment, and Mirage, the Ash treatment - which may or not be a bad thing, considering with her laughable CC post-nerf, she's only good for stuff like miramuloring.

13 hours ago, Tora.Prime said:

You must try to kill an enemy exilus lv80 without mirage and then post, the reallity is far different

I agree. Simulor should be nerfed to avoid cheese in certain levels. 

The weapon doesnt scale well against armor without other sources of buff.

Spawn a level 145 heavy gunner in simul and test without mirage. There are tons of other better alternatives.

16 hours ago, kgptzac said:

The Synoid Simulor isn't as broken now compare to other meta weapons like the tonkor or soma prime.  If you want to nerf one, you need to present your argument that why rest of the meta weapons aren't destroying your fun or needs nerfing.

No, no you don't. One weapon being overpowered and in need of a nerf doesn't automatically render every other weapon immune to criticism. The topic here is the Simulor, not the Tonkor or the Soma Prime.

And on that topic, I've personally never really seen the Simulor (either variant) as all that great. Maybe I'm not using it properly, but it just doesn't strike me as incredibly powerful outside of a few specific scenarios.

1 hour ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

I agree. Simulor should be nerfed to avoid cheese in certain levels. 

The weapon doesnt scale well against armor without other sources of buff.

Spawn a level 145 heavy gunner in simul and test without mirage. There are tons of other better alternatives.

When are you actually going to encounter a level 145 heavy gunner, though? Sorties, the closest thing we have to "endgame", basically cap out at level 100 enemies. I've never understood the logic of saying, "It doesn't hold up in this vanishingly unlikely scenario that I have specifically chosen to make this point, so it's balanced/underpowered."

1 minute ago, Gizogin said:

No, no you don't. One weapon being overpowered and in need of a nerf doesn't automatically render every other weapon immune to criticism. The topic here is the Simulor, not the Tonkor or the Soma Prime.

And on that topic, I've personally never really seen the Simulor (either variant) as all that great. Maybe I'm not using it properly, but it just doesn't strike me as incredibly powerful outside of a few specific scenarios.

When are you actually going to encounter a level 145 heavy gunner, though? Sorties, the closest thing we have to "endgame", basically cap out at level 100 enemies. I've never understood the logic of saying, "It doesn't hold up in this vanishingly unlikely scenario that I have specifically chosen to make this point, so it's balanced/underpowered."

Agree. If we are talking about the 90% ( or more) of the game content, it is really OP and kind of dumb because you dont even have to aim. You just walk and point in the general direction. 

Just now, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Agree. If we are talking about the 90% ( or more) of the game content, it is really OP and kind of dumb because you dont even have to aim. You just walk and point in the general direction. 

Have you ever used max spread ignis?

You just walk and aim in general directions and everything dies around you.

I've seen people dominate games with a lot of guns, it's not like they all need to be nerfed. OP, could you please be more specific about the conditions?
Simulor without Mirage is strong as a defensive chokepoint weapon. Of course, it's gonna shine in defenses, stand-in-one-spot survivals, etc (I assume that those missions are being described, correct me if I'm wrong). Like every other tool made for specifical job would do.
Mirage, on the other hand, gives it a MASSIVE increase in DPS (what else would you expect from self-buffing DD frame?) and great offensive capabilities by merging orbs almost instantly via HoM. So yes, if you want to nerf that combo, your target is the Mirage, not the Simulor.