The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we make Wukong's Primal Fury easier to use?

Insizer

I like Wukong, but his Primal Fury is too hard to use, specifically the combo window after his first strike is way too small that executing the second strike of basic combo is often difficult, especially when primed fury is involved. I purposely have to put spoiled strike into a purpose built wukong-build for melee weapons if I want to be able to execute more than his pound-mania combo with greater than a 90% success rate.

I have other issues with Primal Fury, some which other s have as well, but this is truly what kills this ability the most. Please devs, can you address this?

My personal suggestion is to add Primed Fury + Berserker to your build. then go crazy hitting enemies and you'll start to do those hard combos much more frequently. I'm a Wukong main, so when things start to get hard for my teammates, I go 'Primal rage' crazyness (not talking about the augment), and it works! God save the 'Monkey king'

2 hours ago, Z_Caronte_Z said:

My personal suggestion is to add Primed Fury + Berserker to your build. then go crazy hitting enemies and you'll start to do those hard combos much more frequently. I'm a Wukong main, so when things start to get hard for my teammates, I go 'Primal rage' crazyness (not talking about the augment), and it works! God save the 'Monkey king'

What melee weapon do you use? I want to use Wukong but I really haven't been able to click with him.

1 hour ago, Echorion said:

What melee weapon do you use? I want to use Wukong but I really haven't been able to click with him.

Cerata! My build: PPpoint, Primed Reach, Primed fury, Berserker, Shocking Touch, Virulent scourge, Drifting Contact and Condition overload. Total Stats (for melee combat) 30% status, 15% crit, 1200~ slide attack.

Also I would like to mention that, going with the Madurai focus school, this build is viable with the Cerata, adding physical damage (slash & puncture)

Edited by Z_Caronte_Z

On 2/17/2017 at 10:29 AM, Z_Caronte_Z said:

No, my issue is that the combo window is too quick. I sometimes struggle to even pull off the second strike of the basic combo. Prime Fury + Berserker would make it damn near impossible for me.

On 2/17/2017 at 10:05 AM, TotallyLagging said:

Same problem with pretty much every melee stances really.

You get that 75% Berserker stack and that point you either mash E or you mash E with RMB.

Some melee combos, yes, but not exalted melees. Those stances are relatively easy to pull off.

Edited by Insizer

On 2/19/2017 at 5:25 PM, Haxwell said:

slow down your attack speed. Remove berserker, add in spoiled strike, whatever you gotta do. I found that as long as my attack speed is constant, givin enough time it becomes second nature for the combo timing.

That's exactly what I do.