Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #88 Overview

AM-Bunny

The  Anniversary Alerts  Rewards doesn't amused me.. 

rather than put the old anniversary weapons that used to be FREE via Anniversary Mail from previous Years Anniversary, as this year reward.

Give the player Anniversary Skin (implement this like PS4 or XBox one Exclusive Skin) for any Warframe's of DE Choice (I Assume they would give it to Excalibur, The Poster Boy) or a Anniversary Syandana + Anniversary Sigil/Emblem for Alert Reward.

and Those weapons from the usual Anniversary Mail.

All Sides Happy (The Veteran Players/New Players And DE) and I would spend more on plats.

Edited by Blood_Poppy

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

It's new. Probably to prevent Limbo trolling as you could have cataclysm up for minutes at a time while banish you could just roll out of.

That's what I thought. I've seen people asking for something like that for a long time. I'm glad they're adding it in.

Edited by Archeyef
fixin' a typo

Hmmm

Limbo rework: Looks cool, interesting and innovative roll mechanics, perhaps a little fiddly? Good sign of dedication to taking limited 'frames and adding solid new mechanics, even if it does look intensive. I think I approve, but obviously with that amount of fiddly detail, would have to be tested in play.

Photobooth: It looks cool, and it's a neat bit of functionality, but on the whole I think it's a bit of a gimmick. We'll see. I mean, good for fashionframing I guess.

New weapons: Cool. I'm good. I'm not one of those guys who is continually lusting after new weapons every two weeks, I'm fine with their release schedule. I'll be happy with new weapons when you get around to releasing them, I'm never gonna bug you about that kinda thing. Just, take it easy with the research mechanics, yeah?

Chroma deluxe skin: Looks good. Looks somehow both ornate and monstrous, like some kind of terrible dragon priest. Does look a little smooth and cardboard-esque, could perhaps do with some rougher textures, but looks really good.

Helminth charger: Excellent. Looks like a monstrous mutate of a Kubrow. Looks really good, so much better than just using an Infested Grineer charger model.

Enemy cell hunt operation: Okay, let's acknowledge the elephant in the room. Hema, and what that means for DE's opinion of smaller clans. It doesn't bode well.
           That said, I've been really down on DE recently, so I'm gonna be fair! The new room looks great, the war table concept is fun, I like the idea of an ongoing, internally timed operation, that's cool. So, they said that this thing is gonna be scaled assuming that a clan will work on it, and that if you can do it solo, that's fine, but it's not for you. Ok. If it's scaled in such a way that the bulk of a clan working together can do it over the weekend or a week, then that means that a smaller clan with just a couple of active players could maybe do it over a few weeks, so I'll give it a go. It looks fun, and will hopefully be engaging and be a sort of mini-arc of its own to delve into, like a personal Sortie.

If, on the other hand, it's designed in such a way that it takes literally a thousand man-hours to complete for a Ghost clan, then, well.

Kinda sad about the anniversary alerts as while I haven't personally sold my duplicate anniversary gear, I was considering it this time around just for some easy free slots. Plus it's nice for newer players who may not always have plat (regardless of price) to hand. Now it's gonna be a likely useless BP.

Edited by Naith

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

• Valkyr Prime trailer is very close to being done, however Geoff was told to delay releasing it until after Banshee Prime's trailer -- unclear why exactly

By the end of the stream Geoff spilled the beans there is going to be a premiere trailer on Pax in march (Valkyr prime trailer? that's why it was put on hold though it is almost complete? (I'm just guessing here but you know :D )

Limbo's rework is very nice. The biggest change to Limbo is able to stop time in rift. This open up Limbo to mod for range and potentially become the best at defense mission, in high end level. However there's still some more I would like to see in Limbo's rework.

Able to pick up loots, mods while inside rift.
This seems like common problem, I don't think it needs explain.

Banished enemies easier to distinguish.
 One Problem I had with Limbo is ability to distinguish banished and normal enemies while inside rift. Since the environment include enemies are almost black and white and the only different between them is Banished enemies has flame on them, but , it is hard to quickly identify Banished enemies.

My Idea is make a contrast between inside and outside rift.
e.g. When Limbo is inside rift, all normal object include enemies, environment have gloomy black and white (rift colour), while enemies, NPC or players sent into rift have brighter colour.
      When Limbo is outside from rift, all object include enemies, environment have normal bright colour, while enemies, NPC or players sent into rift have gloomy black and white colour (rift colour)
The contrast between Bright and Gloomy can make us easily and quickly to distinguish enemies sent into rift when inside or outside rift.

Bullet shoot past through enemies in different void or space.

To make it simple explanation, when Limbo is inside rift, and shoot a bullet to an enemy outside rift without punch through mod, the bullet will stop at the enemy. This create an invincible wall for banished enemy that hide inside the crowd of non-banished enemies. And since Rift plane are not suppose to interact with material plane, it should make sense that bullet in rift place can travel past material plane object. Even fun if Limbo can walk through walls while inside rift, unless you say it will broke spy mission.

Edited by (PS4)Akabane85

Thanks for the summary Bunny.

That Chroma is another firm step into Fantasy-land. Looks cool, but I expected it to look more eastern dragon than it does now.

I am happy for Limbo. That frame has not gotten much love at all.

I have a good feeling about this year. Not hyped,  just good.

Limbo reworks seems neat, very interesting. The photo things not for me at all really but I can see how others would love it. Chroma skin tbh is pretty disappointing, the concept art looked great but the model looks like a cardboard toy. I went from certain to buy to probably not.

the dojo stuff is encouraging, possible endgame at last?