Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma skin feedback

Demoonic

Before I start this off I want to preface this by saying, if you like the skin that's totally fine, you're entitled to your own opinion so don't feel obligated to change it based on what someone else says. Secondly, I'm not expecting DE to change anything on it's design, they already have it working in-game, I just want to make my voice heard is all. 

The original concept art for the skin had me on the fence, I liked it but...something about it really didn't sit right with me. In the back of my head I was saying "yeah that doesn't look like a dragon, or at least what I expect a dragon frame to look like." But still, as a big time Chroma fan I gave them some slack and brushed it off. Now that they showed his finished model on stream I'm, lets say 'not to thrilled' in a polite way. I'm just going to be blunt and say it, I hate it. The model and design is gorgeous, but its as far from a 'dragon-frame' as you're going to get. I know a lot of people hated Chroma's original design, but I think with his default helm he REALLY looks like a wingless drake. But this? it looks more like a knight. Chroma to me was an awesome duo of a knight and his slayed dragon, come together to form this incredible beast, the pelt layered on the undersuit turned them into this super powerful dragon, and when it's shed in his ult it splits them into their respective original forms. That's really cool! But not here. Going back to what I said, it doesn't look like a dragon to me, and that's very disappointing knowing that his only deluxe skin is going to be this. Again these are just my opinions and I want DE to see them, for what? I don't know.

More of this: 

Spoiler

dragon_by_tatianamakeeva-d9y5q44.jpg

And less of this:

Spoiler

Image result for Knight

That is weird, because for me it felt like its the best deluxe skin they ever made.

We didn't saw how he looks like when he use his 4 yet too. 

I am sad that you will have to hope that some people makes nice tennogen skins for chroma in the future :/

KwEx6Nml.jpg

Looks like the concept to me. Wings? Check. Helm and details? Check.

It's the same.

My only complaint is apparently he wasn't using yellow at all on the body, which means he lost a tint channel? Would make sense with the lack of details on the wings too.

Anyways, given how far into production they are I doubt they'll change much now.

Edited by NightmareT12

4 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

It is the same, but seeing in it in a 3D space is different.

Well, I got what I expected (tint channels as I said apart) far more easily than recent skins which I guess is what got me so hyped :P

IDK, Chroma is like Equinox to me. He is a Warframe that has two "sentient" beings: The "Knight" and the "dragon", and when they're together it's like he's a walking Dragon dude (hence Mynki's original concept). So the skin does actually that nicely for me.

IDK, I'm really happy right now, but I'd need to ask some details here about those colors...

Edited by NightmareT12

i know they haven't said anything about a rework for chroma but i was wondering about it it would be incredibly awesome if they could find a way to make everything on his kit a bit better namely the fact his abilities that depend on range his spectral scream and elemental ward. i know that his elemental ward and vexing armor ability is incredibly useful but i feel that chroma's kit feels heavily sided with only one part of his current kit. and i am trying to improve my mistakes on the previous threads i made about this and trying to make a much more civilized discussion on this issue.

right now i would know a few ways we could improve the functionality of chroma's entire kit as a whole. i am not very sure on how to do this but i would like the ability to use spectral scream yet range chroma isn't very effective since spectral scream isn't very effective and vex armor doesn't have any penalty when having negative range. thus we have no reasoning to keep any range on chroma and he ends up not feeling like a boss dragon just another rather generic tank though a good one at that. i seen a few ideas about suggesting that they combine vex armor and elemental ward together some others i am not sure. but i thought of some way making vex armor a passive because the current passive chroma has is "chossen energy color dictates the type of elemental damage dealt by abilities" could just be tied in with ability effects rather then waste it on a passive.

@CrudShuzKong These deluxe skins are not the same as immortal skins, don't think you know exactly what you're talking about.

@maddragonmaster

Why would Chroma need a rework exactly? All frames and skills have upsides and downsides to how you choose to build them, save for Nidus, it is impossible to have every skill in constant usefulness without sacrificing something. Makes for more builds and verity. If everything was perfect, everyone would use the same build and everyone would be bored.

Just now, Alcatraz said:

@CrudShuzKong These deluxe skins are not the same as immortal skins, don't think you know exactly what you're talking about.

@maddragonmaster

Why would Chroma need a rework exactly? All frames and skills have upsides and downsides to how you choose to build them, save for Nidus, it is impossible to have every skill in constant usefulness without sacrificing something. Makes for more builds and verity. If everything was perfect, everyone would use the same build and everyone would be bored.

i only mix up deluxe and immortal. of course i meant hte deluxe here.

3 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

@maddragonmaster

limbo is getting a top notch rework that makes all of his abilities useful so don't try and give that reasoning for that and there is several frames that can still effectively use all of their abilities so they should not make chroma an exception to that.

Edited by maddragonmaster

13 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Why would Chroma need a rework exactly?

Can't really say much about his 2nd and 3rd as they are obviously what makes chroma even playable.  His spectral scream though is pretty bad IMO and there is that whole thing where his passive isn't even a passive.

He may not need a total rework like what Limbo is getting but it certainly couldn't hurt to get some touchups on his 1st and 4th, and get a passive that isn't controlled by fashionframe.

honestly i think one idea is to try and turn vex armor into a passive like they did with nidus except not including a horrid nullifier allergy. i think they could of at least try and balance their frames without resulting to extra cheese method. like have a timer that if he doesn't get bombarded with some form of damage the buff decays not going out instantly so as to be able to stay in the fight and do what he is so pose to do. another thing i thought is turn his elemental ward into a 3rd ability and have it become a charge ability that once charges to the max will release a wave of elemental energies damaging enemies and inflicting status on them while giving a slight buff tohimself and people around him.  and give chroma a new ability that alows him to cross the battle field much quicker maybe adding a flight skill that can turn into a relocate effigy ability once effigy is out. and have spectral scream's cone range increase the longer you maintain it topping at a certain max range.

Edited by maddragonmaster

Well they have usually looked at/ tweaked some parts of the abilities when the Prime/Deluxe comes out.

Maybe we'll get some further information in a future dev stream if that is the case, sounds like the Chroma Deluxe is not ready for release just yet, with the effigy needing to be rigged and playtested etc.

7 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

@maddragonmaster

I don't believe in perfection, but his 1, 3 and 4 could use some tweaks/changes.

I would love Chroma so much more if he wasn't a tank that's highly dependant on a timer. Maybe make the bonuses decay (the damage one faster than the armor one) or something, but have it be a drain ability or a toggle.

Yes, it is an upside/downside ability, but it's ultimately one that seriously keeps at least me from playing him more.

Regarding his 4 I tested it and the armor it takes away (50%) does not seem to get applied to it. And the drain is too high imo.

And Chroma at the very least needs another passive, maybe stagger resist or something, but his passive now would be like DE removing Limbo's current passive in order to make room for the new one or make Equinox's only passive be that the energy colors contrast decides her starting form.

Also, hi Alcatraz. Enjoying those rivens?

Edited by Madway7