Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma skin feedback

Demoonic

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

But PBR is shaders, they're done from the start.

How do you think that works?:shocked:

Step by Step, with PBR being the final touches, like a painter putting shades in their painting as a finishing touch.

Is that not how it is?

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Step by Step, with PBR being the final touches, like a painter putting shades in their painting as a finishing touch.

Is that not how it is?

No, PBR is a way of creating textures. In fact it was using final shaders pretty much, you could see the horn metallics being really nice.

Now, I'd like to comment on the other materials used but until I get to see it myself in game I can't compare much. I know the belt was using a material I didn't like much though, should be using the rope thingies Ash Prime has on helm.

EDIT: Well, it's not a way of creating textures :P I dumbed it down too much hehe. If anyone is confused on PBR, here's some Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physically_based_rendering

And if you want to know what Warframe was using before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinn–Phong_shading_model

Edited by NightmareT12

27 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

No, PBR is a way of creating textures. In fact it was using final shaders pretty much, you could see the horn metallics being really nice.

Now, I'd like to comment on the other materials used but until I get to see it myself in game I can't compare much. I know the belt was using a material I didn't like much though, should be using the rope thingies Ash Prime has on helm.

I see, I had hoped it would look more metallic, the red parts looked too flat and saturated for my tastes, thats why I thought there was no PBR.

Edited by Kaotyke

4 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I see, I had hoped it would look more metallic, the red parts looked too flat and saturated for my tastes, thats why I thought there was no PBR.

Actually lack of PBR is easy to identify when you have a Hydroid or Oberon in the front of your face.

Blinn Phong is just so lacky in texture detail and dully that once you notice you identify them in game quickly :P

But yah. Also we should remember Rebecca was using saturation in the Photo Booth thing, one I think without the new lighting system, and the other place she was in was the Dojo in a blue/darkish room... So it wasn't the best showcase scenario (Lua, Kuva Fortress, Ceres, Void).

EDIT: Re checking the red armor, I've seen that used somewhere else definitely. But was it...

Edited by NightmareT12

it's pretty good IMO, definitely better than his regular look, which was too Infestation themed for my liking (old school Infestation looks ugly compared to Inaros Weapon's and Nidus' Infestation IMO). that said, I'm still curious as to when Chroma and other frames will be added to the Workshop, I bet there'll be some fantastic designs for him by the talented people who design our Tennogen items!

It's ok, but "ok" probably won't open my wallet. Didn't like the "fins" or whatever they were supposed be on the back, much too thin, looked like cardboard, like something from a low quality cosplay costume.

Besides, I already have the great tennogen helmet that makes normal chroma epic anyway.

its certainly not terrible, just not my cup of tea from what I've seen. Shame that sword won't be sold separately though.

What bothers me are the wings. They look like massive flat textures, which could not only look tacky but also really get in the way of syandanas. Energy was nice. The 'fleshy' bits in the concept could have been better.

I'll wait to get some colors on it and see how the final product turns out.

3 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

What bothers me are the wings. They look like massive flat textures, which could not only look tacky but also really get in the way of syandanas. Energy was nice. The 'fleshy' bits in the concept could have been better.

I'll wait to get some colors on it and see how the final product turns out.

We didn't lose energy though. Which fleshy bits BTW?

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

We didn't lose energy though. Which fleshy bits BTW?

haha, I was talking about how I liked the energy bits, worded it poorly. My bad. 

Tje fleshy bits refer to his inner arms and legs. In the concept it looked ,ore reptilian and organic while in the model it looks like hard rubber carved to show lines. 

Just now, Evanescent said:

haha, I was talking about how I liked the energy bits, worded it poorly. My bad. 

Tje fleshy bits refer to his inner arms and legs. In the concept it looked ,ore reptilian and organic while in the model it looks like hard rubber carved to show lines. 

I rechecked the vid earlier today and it was organic material, but more in line of some sort of weird leather/microfiber thing. I guess they didn't want to go too organic on it to keep it diffrerent, as Chroma already uses some leather pattern already.

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

I rechecked the vid earlier today and it was organic material, but more in line of some sort of weird leather/microfiber thing. I guess they didn't want to go too organic on it to keep it diffrerent, as Chroma already uses some leather pattern already.

I'd have liked some of that cracked leather vibe and scales on the outer carapace, you know what I mean?