Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma skin feedback

Demoonic

1 minute ago, Evanescent said:

I'd have liked some of that cracked leather vibe and scales on the outer carapace, you know what I mean?

On the red area? I don't think it'd have worked due the armor feel the concept goes with.

TBH I'm starting to see a few things between tint channels and material choices I'm not really feeling... I want to wait till I have it on my hands to actually complain though, I need to see and test the whole thing myself.

Yeah idk, it looked like Rebecca was using saturated colors along with the saturated camera filter, which might've messed up some textures. That said no amount of textures will redeem those ridiculous cosplay wings. I was hoping it'd be more in line with the concept art, as well. Instead of looking like molded plastic and rubber.

Oh well, I don't have to buy it. I am disappointed, though. As Chroma is one of my favorite frames.

15 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

On the red area? I don't think it'd have worked due the armor feel the concept goes with.

TBH I'm starting to see a few things between tint channels and material choices I'm not really feeling... I want to wait till I have it on my hands to actually complain though, I need to see and test the whole thing myself.

Those wings though, man. Those wings. Please be auxilliary. 

I personally loved the concept art for the skin but when I saw the skin in game I thought it looked pretty good but it didn't really look like it had that much texture compared to the concept art. He looked like a giant mechanical robot that the Power Ranger faces. Maybe it didn't look that good just because of the colors that he had on in the stream.

On 17/2/2017 at 10:11 PM, Demoonic said:

Before I start this off I want to preface this by saying, if you like the skin that's totally fine, you're entitled to your own opinion so don't feel obligated to change it based on what someone else says. Secondly, I'm not expecting DE to change anything on it's design, they already have it working in-game, I just want to make my voice heard is all. 

The original concept art for the skin had me on the fence, I liked it but...something about it really didn't sit right with me. In the back of my head I was saying "yeah that doesn't look like a dragon, or at least what I expect a dragon frame to look like." But still, as a big time Chroma fan I gave them some slack and brushed it off. Now that they showed his finished model on stream I'm, lets say 'not to thrilled' in a polite way. I'm just going to be blunt and say it, I hate it. The model and design is gorgeous, but its as far from a 'dragon-frame' as you're going to get. I know a lot of people hated Chroma's original design, but I think with his default helm he REALLY looks like a wingless drake. But this? it looks more like a knight. Chroma to me was an awesome duo of a knight and his slayed dragon, come together to form this incredible beast, the pelt layered on the undersuit turned them into this super powerful dragon, and when it's shed in his ult it splits them into their respective original forms. That's really cool! But not here. Going back to what I said, it doesn't look like a dragon to me, and that's very disappointing knowing that his only deluxe skin is going to be this. Again these are just my opinions and I want DE to see them, for what? I don't know.

More of this: 

Hide contents

dragon_by_tatianamakeeva-d9y5q44.jpg

And less of this:

Hide contents

Image result for Knight

I agree but, as you could see in devstream 88, the skin has already been implemented. I dont think they will change it.

I can't make up my mind. I allways thought Chroma looked too busy, like Zephyr.

And the surfaces,  I had this reaction to Inaros too  I still think he looks like an actionfigure.

Might look really good with fashionframe, who knows.

But I am sad there are no eastern dragon influences, that would have been great.