Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Augment Ideas

(PSN)LoisGordils

1. Pestilence: Width of Virulence is tripled, range is halved 

2. Sapping Larva: For each enemy grappled, five energy per second is restored to everyone within 20 meters of the pod (Trinity can't be the only energy sink forever you know).

3. Symbiotic Link: Nidus gains the bonuses of other Warframe abilities while he is linked to them (linking to Mesa's Shatter Shield also gives the shield to Nidus), while providing the host with passive attributes Nidus gains through Mutation/innately in return (HP regen, bonus power strenght and the sorts)

4. Voracious: Enemies slain within Ravenous' grounds are turned into deadly bio-mines that explode and deal 50% of their health as Toxin damage

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

except for #2 I totally agree.

Reason why not #2? If you can replenish energy like Trin, there is absolute no use of her anymore. 

This just made me giggle. Trin has more use then only be your energypad.

@OP: wrong section, belongs into Fan concepts

17 minutes ago, Your_Very_Best_Friend said:

These are actually like, really good! I like them!

Yeah :D

9 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Reason why not #2? If you can replenish energy like Trin, there is absolute no use of her anymore. 

But we have a myriad of other Warframes that can also heal, do they replace Trinity? Never. Even with the augment, Energy Vampire will be vastly superior :)

9 minutes ago, (PS4)TwilightGrim said:

i like the 2nd and 3rd aug ideas the most

:D

8 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

+1, really like the idea of Symbiotic Link and Voracious

Voracious is cool :p

7 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

This just made me giggle. Trin has more use then only be your energypad.

@OP: wrong section, belongs into Fan concepts

Oh sorry :/

37 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

it's not as effective as ev trin though... ev trin can replenish your energy almost instantly while the augment is 5 energy... (per second?) anyway the augment isn't supposed to overpower the abilities themselves anyway... it's just to change mechanics of the ability

53 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

1. Pestilence: Width of Virulence is tripled, range is halved 

2. Sapping Larva: For each enemy grappled, five energy is restored to everyone within 20 meters of the pod (Trinity can't be the only energy sink forever you know).

3. Symbiotic Link: Nidus gains the bonuses of other Warframe abilities while he is linked to them (linking to Mesa's Shatter Shield also gives the shield to Nidus)

4. Voracious: Enemies slain within Ravenous' grounds are turned into deadly bio-mines that explode and deal 50% of their health as Toxin damage

List of suggested changes via augments.

For the first one, may I suggest that, instead of multiplying the width of Virulence (which is modified already by Power Range), it could be more like what's in this first spoiler?

Spoiler

1: Virulent Trident: Sends a fork of shorter-ranged Virulence that, after hitting 5 enemies during it's cast, will cause a random radiation/viral/gas/toxin proc on any enemies that pass over it during the time it stays present (about 5 seconds, modified by Power Duration).

The second idea is basically Energy Siphon, and would benefit Nidus when he can't cast Virulence. May I also suggest that every enemy trapped in the larva would, if killed by anyone, provide Nidus energy and additional health (also causing shields to temporarily appear, which would be modifiable and kept active if your Sentinel is armed in this manner and Nidus has Redirection in his mod setup). Side-note: Why does Nidus have the ability to equip shield-related mods when he has none?

Spoiler

2: Drinking Larva: For each enemy caught and held by the Larva, 5 energy is bestowed to every ally in a radius (up to 20). Any enemies killed while being held by it will grant a tick towards all Nidus' Mutation stacks should they be within the same radius; the caster will receive health and energy from each kill. Additionally, casting Virulence at the Larva will cause it to change between health and energy drain effects.

The third idea should also apply to any enemies with special traits, like Eximus, Bursae, and Sentient Fighters.

Spoiler

3: Direct Link: Nidus receives the passive or ability of the target (i.e: Excalibur's Slash-dash and sword passive or an Arson Eximus' fire resistance and fire explosion ability, or a Lancer's Brunt), which can be cast by 'tapping' 3; holding 3 will sever the link, but Nidus will retain a limited number of uses on the acquired power. Those he linked with will also temporarily gain Virulence and each use of it will benefit Nidus' stacks. Enemies post-linked to Nidus will be disarmed and will be unable to cast powers, and will be inflicted with the confusion proc.

The fourth one doesn't sound like anything big, but I have an idea to improve it.

Spoiler

4: Voracious Spread: Upon casting Ravenous, anywhere Nidus walks, the Infected Terrain would spread to. If he waits anywhere, the Ravenous 'grounds' would expand around him until they reach their original max size. All enemies that enter Ravenous will lose health (from tiny Virulences that occur upon enemy movement) and be unable to cast abilities while they are within Ravenous 'grounds'. The maggots will persist after Ravenous ends, and Ravenous 'grounds' will begin to 'decay' when the duration ends.

2 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

For the first one, may I suggest that, instead of multiplying the width of Virulence (which is modified already by Power Range), it could be more like what's in this first spoiler?

the width IS NOT affected by range as any cc nidus can attest

for 2-4 can you condense those descriptions into something that could fit on a mod card?