Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Running Warframe Without Steam

shut

Question

Basically, I have the Steam version of Warframe. With a lot of the other Steam games that I have, I can play it perfectly fine without having to be connected to Steam. However, it appears that Steam is dead for me at the moment and I don't think it's going to be working any time soon unless I delete and redownload roughly 60 gigs of video games, so when I felt that I wanted to play Warframe, I tried launching it from the warframe.x64.exe file, but it said that it wanted me to launch it via Steam (which I can't log into without leaving my computer on and running for about a week).

So, yeah. Is there any way to play the Steam version of Warframe without having to launch it through Steam, redownload Steam to fix it, or download the non-Steam Warframe?

Edited by SortaRandom

7 answers to this question

I'm not even sure you need to uninstall Steam's Warframe. I used to have both versions back when Warframe first entered Steam during closed to open beta, and they both ran fine. Your Warframe login is unique to warframe anyway, so it's not actually tied to steam.

Just go to warframe.com and download that version. Install it wherever you want (okay not in the Steam folder), and you should be good to go. I hope.

So, yeah. Is there any way to play the Steam version of Warframe without having to launch it through Steam, redownload Steam to fix it, or download the non-Steam Warframe?

If I'm not mistaken even if you have it installed via Steam and Steam is having connection issues, you can still play the game by launching the Warframe executable directly from your steamapps folder?

Ramon is right. you can run both versions on your system.

personally i prefer the stand-alone version in borderless window mode. seamless transition with alt-tab into whatever else you need to do. so much so that its the sexiest, most ninja part about warframe that doesnt get regularly noticed.