Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet Another Faction Poll

Unus

Alright, having finally found some time to kill between all my work, I can finally push out my next poll that I'd never had a chance to pull off. 

To put it simply folks, what faction are you currently "mainlining" and why? Is it for thematic purposes? For wealth? For power? Perhaps even legitimate belief?

BALLPARK FORUM POPULATION:

Meridianeers:meridian:=1111

Veilists:redveil:=111

Lokites:loka:=1111

Arbiters:hexis:=11

Sudists:suda:=11

Perrinites:perrin:= 1

Simarians:simaris:

Conclavists:dm:=

Unaffiliated:lotus:=1

Thanks in advance, doing these sorts a things just seems interdasting.

Edited by Unus
At last, the Lokites find themselves a rival! New Meridian is on the rise now.

I'm with Suda, Arbiters and Meridian.

I wanted the Hek mod and Vaykor Hek gun and the other 2 fit with that faction, that's the only reason I picked them.

I stayed with them because I can't afford to rank up the other 3. If i'm completely honest, it's something I have zero interest in. I now have all the weapons and mods I wanted from the factions I have and don't bother with them anymore.

I wouldn't mind some of the cosmetics from the Conclave but that means actually doing Conclave and that's never going to happen. I didn't do it for the events recently so i'm certainly not going to do it just for a couple of cosmetics. 

11 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

:loka: for me, mainly because I don't want to deal with their death squad

side note: are :suda: sudists also nudists?

Ah, so the death threats worked on you, perfectly understandable given the possible exodus update. Also, no.

8 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

I'm with Suda, Arbiters and Meridian.

I wanted the Hek mod and Vaykor Hek gun and the other 2 fit with that faction, that's the only reason I picked them.

I stayed with them because I can't afford to rank up the other 3. If i'm completely honest, it's something I have zero interest in. I now have all the weapons and mods I wanted from the factions I have and don't bother with them anymore.

I wouldn't mind some of the cosmetics from the Conclave but that means actually doing Conclave and that's never going to happen. I didn't do it for the events recently so i'm certainly not going to do it just for a couple of cosmetics. 

Ah, so you multifactioned. Tell me, is it Meridian who drew you in first?

First Loka and Perrin, then Veil and Meridian- currently supporting all four.

Loka and Perrin, I feel, have very noble goals. Loka could use some better guidance, which it seems to be the case after the Silver Grove, but beyond that. I'm only supporting Veil so I can support Meridian though, because I feel Meridian, Loka, and Perrin really have the best goals.

Of course, there's loot incentive there too, but you know. 

3 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

Yeah, Meridian were my first choice then tried to match 2 others up to go with it.

Make the most out of it and get as much as I can.

Pragmatism, certainly a viable approach for the Platinum or temporal minded.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)rowansprite said:

First Loka and Perrin, then Veil and Meridian- currently supporting all four.

Loka and Perrin, I feel, have very noble goals. Loka could use some better guidance, which it seems to be the case after the Silver Grove, but beyond that. I'm only supporting Veil so I can support Meridian though, because I feel Meridian, Loka, and Perrin really have the best goals.

Of course, there's loot incentive there too, but you know. 

Ah, the old mixed reasoning route. More flexible then I you are.

:hexis: - because of the ideology, searching for truth and self-improvement is a good cause. Used to be :redveil:, kinda just drifted to them, got disappointed, switched sides after got everything I wanted from them. 

Additionaly support:

:conclave: - to improve my own skills and help others improve, and to prepare for the Sentiens.

:simaris: - for pieces of old knowledge and tools that Simaris offers.

3 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

:hexis: - because of the ideology, searching for truth and self-improvement is a good cause. Used to be :redveil:, kinda just drifted to them, got disappointed, switched sides after got everything I wanted from them. 

Additionaly support:

:conclave: - to improve my own skills and help others improve, and to prepare for the Sentiens.

:simaris: - for pieces of old knowledge and tools that Simaris offers.

So was Veil your first entry, or was it the Arbiters? Also, ah  noble goals for conclave, someone valuable for the future.

Edited by Unus

Personally I chose :meridian:for the idea of the lore. I was heavily drawn towards the idea of Grineer deserters that not only fought against the Twin Queens, but also protected the innocent.

My Second choice was then :suda:because it synergized well with Meridian and my two other Syndicates, :hexis:and :redveil:. Mostly I chose the last three because I can balance them to keep max in four Syndicates at once. I only really chose Steel Meridian for any real meaning.

Current:

:meridian: - For their cause.

:loka: - Because I like Earth as it used to be.

:redveil: - Just look at my name, fire is kind what I am made of.

Former:

:hexis: - Can't renember why.

Enemy to:

:suda::simaris: - Cephalons can't be trusted.

:perrin: - To me they are kebabs and I must remove them.

:sun: - Too bright for my eyes.

Allied with:

:conclave::moon: - Not saying I am good at Conclave, but I don't hate it and hey, papa Teshin needs some love. Also I like the Moon.

Trying to find a way to be friends with:

:stalker: - I even invited him to a tea party with cookies :sadcry:

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

9 minutes ago, Jeahanne said:

Personally I chose :meridian:for the idea of the lore. I was heavily drawn towards the idea of Grineer deserters that not only fought against the Twin Queens, but also protected the innocent.

My Second choice was then :suda:because it synergized well with Meridian and my two other Syndicates, :hexis:and :redveil:. Mostly I chose the last three because I can balance them to keep max in four Syndicates at once. I only really chose Steel Meridian for any real meaning.

And that makes it an excellent addition to the list sir/mam.

Ideal-pragmatism? That's a new one.

9 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Current:

:meridian: - For their cause.

:loka: - Because I like Earth as it used to be.

:redveil: - Just look at my name, fire is kind what I am made of.

Former:

:hexis: - Can't renember why.

Enemy to:

:suda::simaris: - Cephalons can't be trusted.

:perrin: - To me they are kebabs and I must remove them.

:sun: - Too bright for my eyes.

Allied with:

:conclave::moon: - Not saying I am good at Conclave, but I don't hate it and hey, papa Teshin needs some love. Also I like the Moon.

Trying to find a way to be friends with:

:stalker: - I even invited him to a tea party with cookies :sadcry:

So who was your "gateway Faction"? The one you've stuck with and aren't likely to walk away from any time soon?

4 minutes ago, AerinSol said:

Loka for wealth. I saw the forums and figured everyone would go for Meridian and Arbiters. That immediately clicked on how I could sell mods for at least 10-15 more plat than the other factions.

Ahhhh, a Financier, good business sense led the way. Big bonus that the hentaiosaurouses don't follow you around in big bloodhound packs.

33 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

Steel Meridian, Suda, Hexis. 

Easiest way to get plat. Everyone wants the hek + its multishot mod. And Telos Akbolto and Boltace are in constant demand. 

I use Suda to sell augments. Most people want Banshee augments and there's no doubt the demand will increase when her prime releases.

So who was your first big money maker then sir, I see you fall into the Business Folk side of things already.

I joined Steel because ex-Grineer freedom fighters appealed to me. The Grineer were already my faction in the game, so a former Grineer outfit was no-brainer.

Veil was aligned so I joined them.

After I'd ranked up both and understood and made use of the economic benefits, I was running my missions regularly. MR 12 primaries came out and I sold those for handsome prices. Wanting to sell other mods and weapons made me drop Veil and join Hexis and Suda, while remaining with Steel.

I keep putting off the final level tithe level for Hexis. I need to get on that.

Edited by Rhekemi

29 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

I joined Steel because ex-Grineer freedom fighters appealed to me. The Grineer were already my faction in the game, so a former Grineer outfit was no-brainer.

Veil was aligned so I joined them.

After I'd ranked up both and understood and made use of the economic benefits, I was running my missions regularly. MR 12 primaries came out and I sold those for handsome prices. Wanting to sell other mods and weapons made me drop Veil and join Hexis and Suda, while remaining with Steel.

I keep putting off the final level tithe level for Hexis. I need to get on that.

Ah, you've always spoken to folks about your Grinnic tendencies suh, makes sense that they'd welcome one that smelled of their own. . . Figuratively, I mean FIGURATIVELY!