Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Screen freeze but others can see me moving, etc.

Espei22

I've had this issue for some months now... roughly around the time Nidus came out it has become much more prominent.

I haven't been able to recreate it consistently either but I would get into a game and it can happen as soon as I enter or after some time (ie. playing for over an hour so two) in the mission. My screen would freeze up and while I can hear all the background noises, enemies, allies, and even my own frame using the weapon/powers... my screen is still frozen in whatever image last showed.

I'm told I'm moving around, taking damage, and things look as normal from the other players but I cannot see anything or access my UI. I've sent in a support ticket and have been told to do a clean install of my driver which I did. Almost feels like it's gotten worse as I am having to constantly force exit my game.

My GFX card is a 1060 so there really shouldn't be issues running the game as I used to run this on a 750 without issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Try down-clocking your GPU with Afterburner for a test (do not run on-screen display). If the freezes don't return, then your GPU isn't stable at the clock speed it's currently running at. This could indicate a hardware error or out of spec case if it's factory speed.

That sounds like a TDR crash to me, do you get some kind of "Nvidia Driver has crashed and has recovered" message from the notifications bar in windows? If not you may want to check Event Viewer for some errors when it happens and report back here what is says

On 2/19/2017 at 1:18 PM, Zenviscerator said:

That sounds like a TDR crash to me, do you get some kind of "Nvidia Driver has crashed and has recovered" message from the notifications bar in windows? If not you may want to check Event Viewer for some errors when it happens and report back here what is says

Nope. I don't get any crash error. I have to force quit my game to do anything with it.

I'm working with support and they have me trying some stuff out. So far I can say it's only gotten worse. I can play every other game fine but not Warframe.

I have the same problem in warframe.

my GPU is not overclocked or has problem in any other games. I play alot of demanding games without problems.

This has not been a issue before but yeah something like last couple of month now.

It is such a big issue that i cant play the game any more. is it a constant crash.
Also no crash game continues i just cant se it

I'm having the same issue. I can play any game other than warframe fine, but recently i've been having a graphics freeze in every single mission a few minutes in. I've tried verifying game cache and even reinstalling the game entirely. I can't even submit a ticket because the support page keeps bugging out. OP, if support gives you a fix please let us know what it is. I pretty much can't play warframe right now because of this issue.

Shot in the dark here: I know you have done a clean reinstall, but have you tried resetting the Nvidia Control Panel settings to all default, then resetting the Warframe graphics options to all defaults? Probably the first things Tech Support had you do; and I've encountered problems with the control panel overriding game settings upon driver update before. Another idea to consider is the Nvidia GeForce Experience program: make sure the Nvidia Share is off. That 'feature' was added around the time of Nidus I believe, and it was a nuisance for me (have to turn it off manually in the program).

I'm having a problem that sounds much like yours, only instead of freezing, my screen goes into a kind of "checkerboard" pattern, and if I tab out and tab back in again, or turn the screen on and off it goes completely invisible, as in the system is telling me that I have warframe open, but all I can see is whatever window I have running behind warframe. Still getting sound from which I surmise that my ability to interact with the game has not been reduced in any way (can fire weapons, jump etc) my pc is a low-range gaming machine, can post stats if helpful.

I've been having the same problem since The Pacifist Defect update. I would play for a little less than 5 minutes and it will either freeze my screen while the audio continues, or crash altogether. I can't progress thanks to this bug.