Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop merging all the topics talking about the same stuff all into one place

General_Durandal

Do you honestly think managing one topic with 500+ comments is easier then 10 with 50 each?

It's a headache is what it is.

With 10 you can go straight to the one you haven't read yet, for each one. fast and easy.

With all-in-one, you go to the first one you havn't seen, then have to find the next one that is any number of pages later.

When it comes to a forum I want things fast and simple,

but bundling them all up makes things slow and clunky.

EDIT -

You guys also deleted all my comments that gave logical argument to the case.

I can't find the post I put that explained why each of the additions to limbo is bad.

Edited by General_Durandal

for Digital Extremes, it's easier to read it when it's organized in one location.
however, that does mean that some conversations could be out of order.

i lie much more in between, some organization so that information can be found is important, however often there are distinctly different discussions happening in various places, and if they are so distinctly different, being separate then seems logical.

7 minutes ago, xSean said:

Odds are, the individual posts get read by the mods and the developers, even in a topic such as that.

Knowing from my own experiences, having one topic on a subject is far easier to manage in the long-term and ensures that a lot of the older posts don't get buried. Forum staff can also stay up-to-date pretty well on topics like that.

Have you checked through your post history to see if you can find the post you feel is gone?

Yes i've checked my post history, the post that explains everything is missing from the list.

I just checked again to see if I missed it or if it was a bug, and it's still not in my history.

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

for Digital Extremes, it's easier to read it when it's organized in one location.
however, that does mean that some conversations could be out of order.

i lie much more in between, some organization so that information can be found is important, however often there are distinctly different discussions happening in various places, and if they are so distinctly different, being separate then seems logical.

Well, when I went to the limbo mega thread's first new post i didn't see, the next one was the first post from a different one.

Meaning i'll have to go through all that one's posts to find the next new one, and so on.

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Good. Because none of them were.

Do you even play limbo?

Dodge into/out of rift is bad because some players actually use the dodge function.

If you can make it so you have to hold the dodge button to rift shift that would be great.

AoE banish is bad because you don't want to banish level 100 enemies along with your hostage.

If you made it so taping the powering is a single target cast, while holding the power did the AoE cast, that would be great.

Time stop is bad because getting locked out of your powers just because there was to much going on is to big of a penalty.

One mirage comes along and you'll never be able to use your powers.

If it worked like Bastille, where when it gets to it's max, any excess enemies and projectiles are unaffected, that would be great.

rift surge making smaller rift pockets everywhere is bad because,

what if one opens up on a bombard behind you? you dead.

what if one opens up and a crowd of enemies shooting at something? you can't use powers anymore if stasis was on.

the last thing limbo needs is uncontrollable pockest of the rift opening up everywhere.

if the surge made rift tears instead of bubbles, that can be hit with banish to open, that would be great.

cataclysm is okay, but it's his ultimate power and should do something more then just damage, knockdown, damage.

if it also made enemies inside it deal less damage t would be great.

Edited by General_Durandal

15 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Well...get people to stop making so many individual topics about the same thing.  Do we really need 16 Limbo rework topics?  Or 27 Hema threads?  

That would be impossible. Unless DE implements some sort of way to limit topics by using trending keywords of the day or week, then everyone is at their free will to log on and complai- type away.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

6 minutes ago, Magicfingers said:

Ummm....yes...??? was that it? did i get the answer right??? DID I WIN?????

Why? What purpose does it serve?  From personal experience, when the forums gets flooded with dozens of identical topics, I leave.  There's no point in trying to participate in any other topic, it gets drowned out by "er ma gerd, that one "trash" tier 'frame that I never bothered with is changing!"  and other such inane dramatics.  It totally kills the purpose of the forums.

4 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

But when are Hema costs getting fixed eh? I NEED TO KNOW

Hide contents

590548.gif?b64lines=SXQgd29uJ3QgY29tZSwg

Didn't you know it's raining Samples in the Derelict?!

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

That would be impossible. Unless DE implements some sort of way to limit topics by using trending keywords of the day or week, then everyone is at their free will to log on and complai- type away.

Yes, I know.  I was attempting to point out that requesting an end to merging topics is as likely as people not making dozens of identical topics.

Seems I'm a bit too sleepy to be attempting such things.

1 minute ago, Noamuth said:

Why? What purpose does it serve?  From personal experience, when the forums gets flooded with dozens of identical topics, I leave.  There's no point in trying to participate in any other topic, it gets drowned out by "er ma gerd, that one "trash" tier 'frame that I never bothered with is changing!"  and other such inane dramatics.  It totally kills the purpose of the forums.

Didn't you know it's raining Samples in the Derelict?!

Yes, I know.  I was attempting to point out that requesting an end to merging topics is as likely as people not making dozens of identical topics.

Seems I'm a bit too sleepy to be attempting such things.

The reason is because we want DE to actually hear the voices of the group of people that actually like the thing they are trying to change in a way the pleases the masses.

Not every warframe needs powers that deal damage, limbo's power setup was perfectly fine, and it worked.

But all the people that only played him once and complained that his powers are stupid get what they want because the complained first.

It's sickening, it's disgraceful, Limbo worked perfectly as intended, and I love his play style, but no,

the lazy ignorant masses get what they want because they complained first.

In case you don't know hoe Limbo was meant to be played,

hhere are the basics.

He was released with Opticore, Opticore is his rifle.

His play styles are as follows,

Cataclysm Sniper.

While rift walking and surging,

set up camp and cataclysm a distant area, then kill enemies inside it with your long range rifle.

Banish assassin, (aka spooky scary ghost)

riftwalk surg with melee weapon, find enemies,

banish enemies one ata time,

do a downed finisher on them while they are knocked down.

Rift Decoy/Reviver/Support,

while riftwalking, pay attention to your allies and revive them when they are downed.

enemies can't hurt you, meaning you can revive them without worry or fail,

even if they are in range of a rampart, or an orbital bombardment.

Also get between your allies and enemies, so they'll target you over them.

They can't hurt you, so you're the perfect decoy.

With the addition of syndacate weapons, limbo is even more of a support,

because the syndicate weapon burst effects things outside the rift while rift walking.

I bring sancti weapons to grineer sorties, talos weapons to infested, and synoid weapons to corpus missions.

Not only that, but the Broken scepter's power can also be used while rift walking,

allowing you to create health and energy orbs for your team-mates.

Cataclysm shield, (must have short range for it to work good)

cast cataclysm on a stationary defence target, and only melee enemies can hurt it.

Hostage Guardian,

prevent enemies from harming the hostage by banishing them,

whether it be a rescue mission or sortie defence,

as long as limbo can keep the hostage banished, there is no chance of failure.

2 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

The reason is because we want DE to actually hear the voices of the group of people that actually like the thing they are trying to change in a way the pleases the masses.

Not every warframe needs powers that deal damage, limbo's power setup was perfectly fine, and it worked.

But all the people that only played him once and complained that his powers are stupid get what they want because the complained first.

It's sickening, it's disgraceful, Limbo worked perfectly as intended, and I love his play style, but no,

the lazy ignorant masses get what they want because they complained first.

In case you don't know hoe Limbo was meant to be played,

hhere are the basics.

He was released with Opticore, Opticore is his rifle.

His play styles are as follows,

Cataclysm Sniper.

While rift walking and surging,

set up camp and cataclysm a distant area, then kill enemies inside it with your long range rifle.

Banish assassin, (aka spooky scary ghost)

riftwalk surg with melee weapon, find enemies,

banish enemies one ata time,

do a downed finisher on them while they are knocked down.

Rift Decoy/Reviver/Support,

while riftwalking, pay attention to your allies and revive them when they are downed.

enemies can't hurt you, meaning you can revive them without worry or fail,

even if they are in range of a rampart, or an orbital bombardment.

Also get between your allies and enemies, so they'll target you over them.

They can't hurt you, so you're the perfect decoy.

With the addition of syndacate weapons, limbo is even more of a support,

because the syndicate weapon burst effects things outside the rift while rift walking.

I bring sancti weapons to grineer sorties, talos weapons to infested, and synoid weapons to corpus missions.

Not only that, but the Broken scepter's power can also be used while rift walking,

allowing you to create health and energy orbs for your team-mates.

Cataclysm shield, (must have short range for it to work good)

cast cataclysm on a stationary defence target, and only melee enemies can hurt it.

Hostage Guardian,

prevent enemies from harming the hostage by banishing them,

whether it be a rescue mission or sortie defence,

as long as limbo can keep the hostage banished, there is no chance of failure.

Honestly?  I don't give a rotten potato about Limbo.  Main reason you wont be seeing me in any of the threads about him.  My entire point is that when you get so many people talking about the exact same thing, in their own little snowflakey thread, it's utter chaos and drives away other topics and posters - because they wont be heard while everyone else is yelling about Limbo.

The forums is supposed to be for the entire game, not just the current Limbo suggestions.  Making upteen threads, about the same thing, drives away parts of the community because they wont be heard.

Be passionate about Limbo.  If he's your 'frame, go full tilt.  Mag's my 'frame, so I do the same, but stahp derailing the entire forums.

29 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Honestly?  I don't give a rotten potato about Limbo.  Main reason you wont be seeing me in any of the threads about him.  My entire point is that when you get so many people talking about the exact same thing, in their own little snowflakey thread, it's utter chaos and drives away other topics and posters - because they wont be heard while everyone else is yelling about Limbo.

The forums is supposed to be for the entire game, not just the current Limbo suggestions.  Making upteen threads, about the same thing, drives away parts of the community because they wont be heard.

Be passionate about Limbo.  If he's your 'frame, go full tilt.  Mag's my 'frame, so I do the same, but stahp derailing the entire forums.

I'm just going to assume you didn't read any of it.

Limbo is a part of the game, and the players that player him are voicing concern over making his powers cooler yes,

but overall more hazardous for everyone, in a clunky way.

Limbo is a scalpel, he needs to be able to control who is and isn't in the rift at all times.

Making banish an AoE and making surge create random rift pockets everywhere,

turns him into a hammer.

Would you use a hammer instead of a scalpel during surgery? No.

1 minute ago, General_Durandal said:

I'm just going to assume you didn't read any of it.

Limbo is a part of the game, and the players that player him are voicing concern over making his powers cooler yes,

but overall more hazardous for everyone, in a clunky way.

Limbo is a scalpel, he needs to be able to control who is and isn't in the rift at all times.

Making banish an AoE and making surge create random rift pockets everywhere,

turns him into a hammer.

Would you use a hammer instead of a scalpel during surgery? No.

You'd be right in that assumption, because I'm not talking about how Limbo is played nor do I have an interest in playing him.  I have no interest in that 'frame, as I've previously stated.  

Threads are merged to aid in the rest of the forums having a voice and being able to bring up topics they find just as important as Limbo changes.  Don't like thread merges?  Work on getting people to stop making so many threads saying the same thing.

You'd be right in that assumption, because I'm not talking about how Limbo is played nor do I have an interest in playing him.  I have no interest in that 'frame, as I've previously stated.  

Threads are merged to aid in the rest of the forums having a voice and being able to bring up topics they find just as important as Limbo changes.  Don't like thread merges?  Work on getting people to stop making so many threads saying the same thing.

Limbo is a part of the game, and the players that player him are voicing concern

Just now, General_Durandal said:

Yes.  And they're pushing out all other concerns, discussion and feedback by making dozens of threads.

Or are you trying to say that Limbo is so important to the game that DE should stop reading feedback about everything else, just to read such an excessive amount of threads saying the same thing?

I mean, would you be okay with thread after thread, taking over the first page and half of the next, talking solely about Carrier?  Or Zephyr?  How about Oberon?  And you make a thread about Limbo, only to have it pushed to the second page in a matter of minutes because another 15 people logged in and made 15 more threads about the same thing?

14 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Yes.  And they're pushing out all other concerns, discussion and feedback by making dozens of threads.

Or are you trying to say that Limbo is so important to the game that DE should stop reading feedback about everything else, just to read such an excessive amount of threads saying the same thing?

I mean, would you be okay with thread after thread, taking over the first page and half of the next, talking solely about Carrier?  Or Zephyr?  How about Oberon?  And you make a thread about Limbo, only to have it pushed to the second page in a matter of minutes because another 15 people logged in and made 15 more threads about the same thing?

Yeah sure, that makes sense, but they also deleted a bunch of the  posts that gave the best examples of why the rework is a bad idea.

Which makes me and some others think DE doesn't give one * about what we think.

1 minute ago, General_Durandal said:

Yeah sure, that makes sense, but they also deleted a bunch of the  posts that gave the best examples of why the rework is a bad idea.

Which makes me and some others think DE doesn't give one * about what we think.

Yeah, that one I got nothing for.  I don't know if  the merge process is prone to bugs, if the Com Mod doing the merging misclicked or what.  It would be nice if the Com Mod doing the merging would at least leave a "thread merged" post so people know who to PM about missing posts.