Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's Tesla needs a buff

(PSN)LeBlingKing

I think they should either change tesla into a little turret, and it bases its elemental damage and general stats off your secondary, or give it the minelayer treatment and let us switch between various elemental based grenades that function similarly to the tesla. The first option would typically scale better, but the second would give you a lot more options. Though having two skills with multiple options on them might be a little much. 

Change to:

• As soon as the grenade leaves Vauban's hand, begins scanning for targets  (allows zap in flight, giving rapid on demand utility)
  • When an enemy comes within 10 meters- NOT affected by range-, zaps them (non-scaling range means it rewards tactical placement)
  • Always triggers electrical status when it zaps an enemy (reliable CC)
  • No duration limit, but maximum of 10 placed, also each grenade can only deliver 5*strength zaps then it melts (eliminating duration means you can set it up and leave it as a reliable trap, while limiting the total deployed and the max zaps prevent zero-effort gameplay)
  • Can rapidly trigger multiple times per second (effective against crowds and hordes, which current Tesla is not)
  • One zap per enemy. Multiple tesla grenades will not attack the same enemy.  (prevents tesla grenade wasting their zaps;  electrical stuns don't stack)

My ideas for Tesla from a previous topic:

On 30.11.2016 at 9:47 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Higher status chance for Tesla would be nice, but that's kind of Volt territory plus Bastille / Vortex are still better CC.

My suggestion for Tesla in the past has been to, first off, remove either the duration or charges limit,
I think going pure charges (scaling with Duration, or maybe Strength / Range, dunno) would work nicely,
letting you set up a lasting "turret nest" that you don't need to refresh every X seconds in its entirety.
Have a limit (50 seems good, though the more the merrier lol) on how many Teslas can exist at once because performance and stuff,
replace the lowest-charge / oldest-if-equal-charges one upon passing that limit.

And then, maybe have a way to deploy more Teslas faster, e.g. a Kohm-style spool-up that increases amount tossed and spread
(but not Energy cost per toss) as you hold 1, letting you cover a large area quickly in Tesla(Link)s :D

On 2/18/2017 at 10:15 PM, Momaw said:

Change to:

• As soon as the grenade leaves Vauban's hand, begins scanning for targets  (allows zap in flight, giving rapid on demand utility)
  • When an enemy comes within 10 meters- NOT affected by range-, zaps them (non-scaling range means it rewards tactical placement)
  • No duration limit, but maximum of 10 placed, also each grenade can only deliver 5*strength zaps then it melts (eliminating duration means you can set it up and leave it as a reliable trap, while limiting the total deployed and the max zaps prevent zero-effort gameplay)
  • Can rapidly trigger multiple times per second (effective against crowds and hordes, which current Tesla is not)
  • One zap per enemy. Multiple tesla grenades will not attack the same enemy.  (prevents tesla grenade wasting their zaps;  electrical stuns don't stack)

I totally want this update.

Currently I'm using it as a radar...<.<

I throw a bunch on the ground (max range) when I'm defending an area so that it arcs to enemies and makes the noise so I know when things are coming in my control range...I've given up hope of it serving any other purpose. To be fair, I'm using a range/duration/efficiency sort of build so I only have like 40% power strength. I just assumed that was my particular issue with it.

On 2/18/2017 at 10:15 PM, Momaw said:

Change to:

this would make me play booben again

On 2/18/2017 at 8:57 PM, Rawbeard said:

maybe mod so you can put a zillion of them on a kubrow and watch the map melt.

This. Hands down the most fun you'll have with Vauban. Double fun if you team with ivara and have her stealth the kubrow and both of you, then have stealth tea parties. Almost don't care that it falls off at high level.

Edited by PopeUrban