Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I havent played in 2 years...

(PSN)Shemxy_Sloth

Question

I stopped playing Warframe around the update trinity prime came out, and wanted to know if I should even consider investing my time into the game again. After a couple hundred dollars, and ~1500 hours, my account from ps4 is not transferable to PC,so I would have to start from scratch. Is the game truly better than before? And should a returning player download it again? I just think that the grind isnt going to be worth it with how mod sets (back then at least) were so rare they could go up to 1000p per mod. 

13 answers to this question

Anyone selling a mod for 1k plat is ridiculous. Doesn't matter what it is, but from what I've been seeing in trade chat is that all the bad sellers are pretty much gone except for the ones that sell 20 things at once. Starting from scratch, though? Might be worth your time again. I don't recommend blasting through everything though, enjoy the game in small bits so you don't burn yourself out super fast

1 minute ago, Xiusa said:

Anyone selling a mod for 1k plat is ridiculous. Doesn't matter what it is, but from what I've been seeing in trade chat is that all the bad sellers are pretty much gone except for the ones that sell 20 things at once. Starting from scratch, though? Might be worth your time again. I don't recommend blasting through everything though, enjoy the game in small bits so you don't burn yourself out super fast

Then lets not talk about Artax Riven or Primed Chamber (aka >10K plat)

I can honestly say that yes, Warframe is a lot better than it was 2 years ago. Things got powercreeped to hell and back, but there have been improvements and tons of changes, whether or not some of those changes were actually good is entirely up for debate. 

29 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

I don't recommend blasting through everything though, enjoy the game in small bits so you don't burn yourself out super fast

This is excellent advice. The cinematic quests are fun, probably more fun since you didn't have to deal with the hyped waiting and subsequent delays and pushbacks. Even the small, narrative quests for specific frames can be enjoyable if you don't mind a bit of grind. 

There's a good amount of content for a free game if you're starting from scratch, but later on it gets repetitive (pretty much the same as it used to, but there's a larger buffer now then there was then), so take your time doing things if you do decide to get back into it. 

Join a good clan (shameless plug for the Lone Rangers, best casual clan ever and tons of nice people), get a feel for everything that's been added since you stopped, and bask in the glory that is the PC master race. Besides, the worst thing that can happen is that you don't have fun in new Warframe and just uninstall it, no harm no foul. But you could also really enjoy it. No reason not to give it a shot, really. 

from the time you say you stopped playing at....     A LOT has changed.

i usually recommend anyone gone for a year make a new acct just to get their feet wet and used to things again...

in your case seeing you would have to start over on console.... it will be well worth it!!

esp seeing how you know of some of the grind... for the 1st 3-4 planets it is not as bad as it used to be.

i just wish they would move howl of the kubrow quest to a later planet, as it is a resource/credit trap on newer players

and the fact, unless they get carried/taxied out tot he void for argon crystals, they wont even be able to get a kubrow for a while

on that note, due to the 1st planet you can get neural senors on is a ways off. no new frame building until then.

and the void is not what you remember... no more prime part farming there... relics now... with even more farming involved (though DE said it is less... *BS*)

so starting over for you shouldn't be too bad and a good way to (re)learn the changes

The game has changed a lot in 2 years.  New Warframes, companions, mission types, cinematic quests, quest replayability, lore fragments in missions, Fusion Cores are now little balls of energy...

Some mod sets have been put into regular mission reward tables, which ones are you looking for?  IIRC the only ones not in game right now are a handful of the Acolyte mods.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:39 PM, (PS4)Whatawaytogo said:

i just wish they would move howl of the kubrow quest to a later planet, as it is a resource/credit trap on newer players

and the fact, unless they get carried/taxied out tot he void for argon crystals, they wont even be able to get a kubrow for a while

As someone who started in the last 90 days, I can say conclusively, Argon Crystals spawn outside of the Void. They're virtually guaranteed now in the Void, but you get enough of them randomly elsewhere to do the Kubrow quest.

Kurbow Eggs, Kavat DNA-- these are the real limitations.

In 90 days, I've had a total of 3 Kavat DNA drop-- the rest I got from Alerts. That's pretty abysmal. On par with Maiming Strike, and they have a whole Acolyte event to provide Maiming Strike to anyone who wants that.

Indeed a lot has changed but then again nothing did...

The market can be fair but also complete bs. Most exclusives of back then have become avaiable in intervalls, some stuff is still worth some plat. The "endgame" is no longer void exclusive but "fissures" (basicly void disturbances on any titleset) have made its way into the game, what gives a lot more varriety to the game but the farm for keys (now relics) has become worse... one relic equals one piece of loot so you'll need much more...frames were implemented, buffed and nerfed...the whole meta and elitists have become exclusive to raids (2x 8 person puzzle runs rly) as fissures are public. Movement is better, the games pace is MUCH faster.

I enjoy it quite a bit and you're not nearly as dependant on others as you've been in the past, what makes the game a good thing to just zoom out for a bit, but then again that's just me.

Why not just trying out the current game on ps4? You can decide if it's worth starting from scratch after.

i just spent 2 hours playing and getting used to the game again after 2 years. It was really confusing at first, but then i decided to go on a solo mission to get my memory to work. I look at my loadout and i find, a Soma prime with 4 forma on it, using corrosive+ electricity+split chamber and some other awesome mods. I had a Volt prime full rank, aksomati prime with a lot of good mods , also corrosive,etc... and a Orthos prime blade with 2600 wall damage :D I can i not know how to play with this kind of setup i though. After two hours i feel refreshed, although the new map layout, made it a bit dificult to me to know where i left the game. All the rest was about the same

I just want to say that if you have to start from scratch, do it. But dont leave all the good stuff that for sure you have in your old account. in your case i would keep the account, specialy if you spent some money in plat. Anyway have fun, you will see that Lotus will reach to you, and soon you will have your skills back. Be safe Tenno