Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please show palette position of default colours

Bibliothekar

When you copy your warframe's default colours over to other equipment and then open the colour in the palettes, it will always open "Classic Saturated", no matter which palette the colour is actually on. Please consider showing the correct palette and position of those colours even if the palette has not been bought (yet).

Sometimes, a warframe or skin has nice colours and I might be willing to buy the palette to use them on other equipment. But because I don't know what palette they're on, and I still have most of the palettes locked ... I'll rather stay with my current colour set than spend a ton of plat on colours I'll never use.

6 minutes ago, bl4ckhunter said:

honestly what i'd like is the RGB values of the colors or at least the Hex code, that way i could actually figure out what color is what color and it'd make it easier to use them for drawings and stuff. Right now everything is a guess and it's annoying. 

Couldn't you screenshot, import into photoshop and get the RGB values there? 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Nope i tried, the results always end up looking dramatically different for whatever reason, i'm starting to think that De is afraid of people stealing their colors lol 

Edited by bl4ckhunter

Many misconceptions here :P

Let's see:

Point number 1:

38 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

When you copy your warframe's default colours over to other equipment and then open the colour in the palettes, it will always open "Classic Saturated", no matter which palette the colour is actually on. Please consider showing the correct palette and position of those colours even if the palette has not been bought (yet).

Sometimes, a warframe or skin has nice colours and I might be willing to buy the palette to use them on other equipment. But because I don't know what palette they're on, and I still have most of the palettes locked ... I'll rather stay with my current colour set than spend a ton of plat on colours I'll never use.

That's done! If a color is on a palette, it will take you there, even if you need to "copy Warframe colors" to see pallette values. Try Frost for example, the white will be marked ;)

Most of those are not there which is why they don't take you anywhere, and some have been updated (Excalibur's Tint 1, 3 and 4 I believe they were for example).

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Not really though, because that depends also on other factors. I believe they've got to convert the color values from Linear to RGB for example.

And in energy colors it gets worse, as they're actually misapplied because there's some value being mishandled.

Edited by NightmareT12

5 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

That's done! If a color is on a palette, it will take you there, even if you need to "copy Warframe colors" to see pallette values.

Except it doesn't if you don't own the palette. That's what I'm talking about - to show the right palette and position of the colour even if you do not own said palette.

55 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Current problem: I'd really like to make a Gazal loadout. However, since I don't know which colours they used and buying all the palettes I'm still missing would eat up all of my plat and then some ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Those colors are not there though.