Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make Dojo-Building Less of a Chore.

DiabolusUrsus

I just found the time to read the devstream overview, and while the prospect of a new dojo room is interesting I still can't shake the sense of frustration and annoyance that building this new room will bring with it. The dojo is just needlessly cumbersome at this point.

I can understand resource costs. I can understand initial build times. What I can't understand is why it has to be built a single room at a time, why demolishing rooms to re-design requires time, or why we are 3+ years into this with nothing resembling a map GUI for planning layouts.

Is there really anything you need to monetize for dojo construction? Or can you please just make dojo QOL that much nicer? Are there technical limitations we don't know about? If there are, please say so, because otherwise it would be great if you could:

• Restrict "build" times to some sort of research mechanic or else allow entire rooms to be returned to the "vault" like resources.
  • Remove the timer on room destruction. Just delay it until nobody is within the room.
  • Develop some sort of GUI for planning out/building dojos instead of doing it on a room-to-room, door-to-door basis.
  • Add a mission control interface to the dojos, so that clans can launch missions from the dojo.

Just some thoughts, because my clan only uses our dojo for acquiring research and trading, mostly because it's not particularly useful for anything else.

There are plenty of reasons why the timer on room destruction is a good thing (second guess, wrong room, someone is just destroying your dojo for whatever reason, etc.) so that should probably stay 12hrs isn't that long to have to wait if it can prevent another few days of waiting to rebuild something.

On 2/20/2017 at 9:55 AM, -Amaterasu- said:

There are plenty of reasons why the timer on room destruction is a good thing (second guess, wrong room, someone is just destroying your dojo for whatever reason, etc.) so that should probably stay 12hrs isn't that long to have to wait if it can prevent another few days of waiting to rebuild something.

Except if there's only an initial build time (e.g., research requirement, room returned to vault) an accidental deletion is completely irrelevant and inconsequential. They can just put the room right back.

That's kind of my whole point. Unless there are technical limitations that prevent anything faster, there's no good reason to preserve constant wait-walling on the Dojo. Is construction frustration really that profitable for DE? Or would they maybe see better returns on more useful and usable dojos?

Sure, clamp room destruction if it's a Lab and there's research WIP... or if something else in the room needs to be completed first, but there should already be plenty of safeguards in place to avoid extensive issues with instantaneous deletion in the form of architect privileges and the need to remove any existing decorations.