Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need a little bit of assistance.

(PSN)MagicaI_Cat

So im not sure if player shaming is allowed or if there is a forum to post proof of a rude/toxic player. I also dont know where this would go.

Today I encountered a very toxic play who was criticizing another player for being a nova in the first mission of the sortie (a mobile defence) the player then was being rude. (This was through voice chat which my ps4 did not record his voice) i then messaged "wow" through the chat because of what he was saying, he then started attacking me for being 2 masterys lower???? And saying how i had poor damage as a saryn when he was a mirage using simulor (obviously he was gonna out damage me. I just wanted to complete the sortie tonight)

i then listened as he said a variety of swears and telling me to kill myself. Then goes onto my psn and sees i have English in US and UK. And proceeded to use racial slurs and when i mentioned i was Canadian he said "even worse".

none of this bothers me except the fact that he was going out of his way to be rude. 

He then continued and said the whole your probably 30 and live in your moms basement, when i said my actual age which I couldn't care about hidding, and why I wouldn't talk (which in all honesty probably provoked him more)

after game i made the remark that hes an interesting fella, and he then called me trash and so on.

This all started because he acted tough and saying he was gonna "block" the nova for just playing nova. When we were doing just fine. I have video recording of the gameplay along with me typing but like i said earlier his voice wasn't recorded. And i have screenshots of our chat. So if "name/player shaming" is okay i would like to post the screenshots so ps4 players can avoid this toxic player.

and yes I reported him in game.

Edited by (PS4)arceus227

First, you need to remove the PSA tag.  It's for DE personnel only.  

You're right that naming and shaming isn't allowed, but you did the right thing by reporting him in game.  Sorry to hear that you encountered such toxic player, and the only thing else you can do now is to /ignore him.   Hope you don't encountered more toxic players like that soon.

Why did he not like Nova in mobile defense sortie anyway?  Her Molecular Prime is great for slowing down and tenderizing enemies. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)arceus227 said:

So im not sure if player shaming is allowed or if there is a forum to post proof of a rude/toxic player. I also dont know where this would go.

Today I encountered a very toxic play who was criticizing another player for being a nova in the first mission of the sortie (a mobile defence) the player then was being rude. (This was through voice chat which my ps4 did not record his voice) i then messaged "wow" through the chat because of what he was saying, he then started attacking me for being 2 masterys lower???? And saying how i had poor damage as a saryn when he was a mirage using simulor (obviously he was gonna out damage me. I just wanted to complete the sortie tonight)

i then listened as he said a variety of swears and telling me to kill myself. Then goes onto my psn and sees i have English in US and UK. And proceeded to use racial slurs and when i mentioned i was Canadian he said "even worse".

none of this bothers me except the fact that he was going out of his way to be rude. 

He then continued and said the whole your probably 30 and live in your moms basement, when i said my actual age which I couldn't care about hidding, and why I wouldn't talk (which in all honesty probably provoked him more)

after game i made the remark that hes an interesting fella, and he then called me trash and so on.

This all started because he acted tough and saying he was gonna "block" the nova for just playing nova. When we were doing just fine. I have video recording of the gameplay along with me typing but like i said earlier his voice wasn't recorded. And i have screenshots of our chat. So if "name/player shaming" is okay i would like to post the screenshots so ps4 players can avoid this toxic player.

Naming and shaming is against the rules so good for the disgression first.

But ya sadly there are always going to be a few toxic people even in this community.

2 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Naming and shaming is against the rules so good for the disgression first.

But ya sadly there are always going to be a few toxic people even in this community.

Yeah damn, like 98% of the people i meet are awesome. Like i had an older gentleman (about 30ish) comment on my account name because it is a pokemon name and we chuckled and laughed about it.

6 minutes ago, xiaodenden said:

First, you need to remove the PSA tag.  It's for DE personnel only.  

You're right that naming and shaming isn't allowed, but you did the right thing by reporting him in game.  Sorry to hear that you encountered such toxic player, and the only thing else you can do now is to /ignore him.   Hope you don't encountered more toxic players like that soon.

Why did he not like Nova in mobile defense sortie anyway?  Her Molecular Prime is great for slowing down and tenderizing enemies. 

I have no idea but it was really annoying to hear him attack that person so i wanted to step in. And the nova was helping alot too.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)arceus227 said:

i then listened as he said a variety of swears and telling me to kill myself.

Some developers do perma ban users that encourage others to harm themselves.

Might want to check where DE stands on the issue.

Being toxic in the other hand might just get the user a warning, or temp ban if a repeating offender.

As for the hate on Nova, well, she is one of the best assist frames, some players just haven't figured out what co op multiplayer involves.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)arceus227 said:

I have no idea but it was really annoying to hear him attack that person so i wanted to step in. And the nova was helping alot too.

I guess that guy is just being toxic and stupid.  I would welcome a (slow) Nova on a mobile defense team anytime especially if the condition is something like eximus, armored, or single weapon.  Funny how he's using a Simulor Mirage, but I guess it matches his personality of selfish and uncaring.  I rather have a Nova than a Simulor Mirage to tell you the truth.

Good for you for standing up against that guy.  I bet that Nova player appreciates your effort of defending them.

18 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

Some developers do perma ban users that encourage others to harm themselves.

Might want to check where DE stands on the issue.

Being toxic in the other hand might just get the user a warning, or temp ban if a repeating offender.

As for the hate on Nova, well, she is one of the best assist frames, some players just haven't figured out what co op multiplayer involves.

Unfortunately even if i wanted to I couldn't play back everything he said because ps4 only recorded my gameplay and the sounds. Not game chat. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

He was just angry because he can only do sorties with mirage and the simulor, bring nova, limbo, bring just your operator kkk, it's all fun and games.

Funny thing which I forgot to mention is he said this was his second account and that he was doing the sortie on it, like seriously. There are a few frames i dislike seeing in certain missions and i might be bitter about it but im not gonna attack the guy for it.

2 hours ago, (PS4)arceus227 said:

I couldn't care if there was a reward. I hate toxic people. Especially when they attack someone for using a frame thats great for the mission.

Yeah but it's most likely that you will never see them again after that mission. That was was i meant. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)arceus227 said:

A good life skill is to develop is to not let others dictate who you are or how you feel.

This person was inappropriate.  Report this person if you feel it is warranted.  Block them.

And then don't let it consume another ounce of your time or energy.  Immediately move on and commit yourself to people and endeavors worthy of your time and energy.

In situations like this people have as much power over you as you let them.