The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can a Mag Main Enlighten Me

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

2 hours ago, Jabarto said:

Hi, it's me again, the most vocal Mag hater ever. I learned a few things that bumped Mag from the garbage category to the decent category in my mind:

1. That explosion that Magnetize causes when it ends? The damage decreases with distance and can't pass through obstacles; it can do decent damage but you don't wanna build around that.

2. I thought that Polarize had to completely drain an enemy's shields to do any damage, but that doesn't seem to be true. Also it works on armor as well.

3. Those shards that Polarize creates are much more useful if you have a lot of range; your magnetize fields will be better at hoovering them up.

4. Mag doesn't need a lot of duration and Fleeting Expertise is a valid choice, maybe even mandatory because of her low energy.

So my main strategy now is to cast Magnetize on a clump of enemies, jump into it and cast Polarize, then magdump my Supra into it to kill anything still alive and/or Pull other people into the field as energy permits. It's not great but it works and is compelling enough to make me consider forma-ing my Mag Prime to see what she can do with a few more mods.

You and I still need to sync up in game. 

I think some nice QOL changes for mag would be that when Pull pulls enemies through Magnetize, the ragdolled enemies get stuck in the bubble, not fly through it.

I also wish Crush would force enemies into a center, because that's what it looks like when she does the animation. It would also synergize really well with Magnetize.

Better yet, if an enemy is Magnetized, Crush will force enemies into the Magnetized zone. If there are multiple zones up, Crush will pick one and force all enemies in Crush's range into it's chosen one.  

Her base damage is a bit low but that's easily remedied through powerful weapons. But I feel like they didn't quite think the synergy of her abilities all the way through.

Edited by Aimop95

Use bullet attractor (or whatever its called now) on something and then fire a penta at it. do not detonate the grenades. <-< its fun.

its how I have been killing battalists as of late.

D507BAA92DB336BCC7EF766EE596F576BA3265CA

(I do not know why it procs rad cus its a blast build, but it has been doing that as of late. I think the slash prock is from them shooting at me)

Edited by Fluff-E-Kitty

1 minute ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

Use bullet attractor (or whatever its called now) on something and then fire a penta at it. do not detonate the grenades. <-< its fun.

its how I have been killing battalists as of late.

Magnetize holds onto Excal's Exaulted Blade waves too.