Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

equinox is NOT a "she"

zoobmer

equinox is a they. their day aspect is a he, and their night aspect is a she, which makes them a they. every other warframe is either a she or a he, but not equinox. equinox is a special case; since their theme is literally duality, they are not just a he or a she, but rather a they. please use correct (they) pronouns.

Let me just put this to rest here. When SHE was released, I believe one of the concepts artists who worked on her specifically pointed out it is a girl, even if her day form does seem more masculine. This was later stated by one of the head devs (Cant remember who, its been upward of a year).

Edit: See post above me for confirmation.

Edited by Wolfie758

Just now, ZBanx said:

equinox is a they. their day aspect is a he, and their night aspect is a she, which makes them a they. every other warframe is either a she or a he, but not equinox. equinox is a special case; since their theme is literally duality, they are not just a he or a she, but rather a they. please use correct (they) pronouns.

So according to that, flat chested females or muscular ones are also males, congrats to that statment, while we at it, Nidus has heels so makes him a female from the looks right?

1 minute ago, Ksaero said:

Equinox IS a "she". Unless you are the one at DE who redefined it.

then I'll actually take this to the feedback categories, because it is really bugging me.

3 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I actually dont know that warframes even have gender... they certainly don't reproduce. But i get what you mean.

I think the warframes are a manifestation of their original operator's personality. there for, if the had a feminine personality their warframe would also be feminine, and same with masculinity

2 minutes ago, Lord_Impaler said:

iCpOEoG.gif

Not signed in

don't bring Jenner into this! they are a disgrace to the trans community.

2 minutes ago, RahuHordika said:

Not signed in

why DE, why?

2 minutes ago, Wolfie758 said:

Let me just put this to rest here. When SHE was released, I believe one of the concepts artists who worked on her specifically pointed out it is a girl, even if her day form does seem more masculine. This was later stated by one of the head devs (Cant remember who, its been upward of a year).

Edit: See post above me for confirmation.

again, why DE, why?

2 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

So according to that, flat chested females or muscular ones are also males, congrats to that statment, while we at it, Nidus has heels so makes him a female from the looks right?

it's not just their flat chest... their entire day design is masculine.

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Actually I'm pretty sure this was supposed to be somekind of anroginous being and then people started jumping, and then, well, DE had to go the easy route.

I don't care what DE says though, I know what Equinox is to me.

thank you!

Equinox is a female. Her day and night aspects pertain to the concepts of yin and yang. These aren't good and evil, but rather masculine and feminine energies. The feminine is dark; representing the cold, comfort, night, cunning, more passive attributes. The masculine form is light, representing physical light, energy, aggression, conflict, more active attributes. Equinox is one being, she simply harnesses both energies in either form.

3 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

I think the warframes are a manifestation of their original operator's personality. there for, if the had a feminine personality their warframe would also be feminine, and same with masculinity

Thats... not how it works. Plenty of male operators that play Ember... Plenty of female operators play Rhino.

4 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

Gender has nothing to do with reproduction

Yeah? Tell that to the two male pandas they've been unable to succesfully mate for the past 20 years. Maybe one day. Dunno who taught you about reproduction but you're in for a surprise!

Edited by Skaleek

Equinox used to be both or at least it was suggested in the devstream, if I remember rightly.

Then it eventually changed as there were discussions on the forums and DE decided to put it to bed. It also confused some people with the order of frames released.

Just now, Naith said:

Equinox used to be both or at least it was suggested in the devstream, if I remember rightly.

Then it eventually changed as there were discussions on the forums and DE decided to put it to bed. It also confused some people with the order of frames released.

Yeah, in the official Warframe profile, it's pretty obvious that Rebecca avoids using pronouns for Equinox like she does in every other Warframe profile. Makes the thing read awkwardly at points.