The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New weapon design possibility?

Desperado14

Question

So I had an idea for a new melee weapon that I thought would be cool to draw up a design for.  Let me know your constructive thoughts.  

I like glaive type throwing weapons, despite them being slightly underpowered, but I mostly like them because of the Astral twilight stance.  I thought it would be neat if the throw could actually be an alternate weapon mode of a bow.  So there are already weapons that have alternate modes, namely the stradavar and the zarr.  This weapon would be slightly different because it would be a melee weapon.  Normal combat would be melee type but selecting alt fire would expand the weapon into a bow.  I thought for a little extra pazazz, it could shoot exploding arrows, since glaves already explode on a throw.  

Thoughts?

5 answers to this question

20 hours ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Fan Concepts has a section for this, ask a mod to move the thread there, people look there more than here.

How do you ask mod to move? 

20 hours ago, Askell91 said:

Someone was faster than you. Here you can see actual gameplay footage

Y9qOlX.gif

Dude...perfect.

20 hours ago, Diarmut said:

So... a gun blade? But with a bow?

Basically, yes, but uses astral twilight instead of high noon for a stance.  Also, the mode would change to a bow, kid of like a zarr changes from a shotgun to a cannon, just by clicking alt-fire.  It would be one of a kind, but it is basically combining cool utilities from other weapons into this one weapon.