Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waypoint Markers: Coming Changes.

[DE]Pablo

3 hours ago, AzoreanEve said:

in regards to 2, it's already implemented ingame.

It's quite wonky, though. Sometimes it'll show the total distance, sometimes just the distance to where the waypoint currently is (i.e. the next door or whatever) ... I really hope it'll be more reliable, otherwise it's pointless.

Edited by Bibliothekar

On 21.2.2017 at 10:55 PM, [DE]Pablo said:

The extraction marker auto hides after a minute in these two modes if you havent extracted

Should come back every time after another section is cleared. Which means every 5 minutes in survival, and every successful excavation. Which in the case of Excavation will lead to the point where it is blinking in 60 out of 100 seconds, almost every 100 seconds. Isn't that a bit nonsensical? I can see the merit of it coming back in survival, not so much in Excavation. Maybe more like every 4th round in excavation?

On 21.2.2017 at 11:02 PM, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

It'd be nice if we could press a button to call for help. That'd be very beneficial to new players especially. I've been playing a lot of For Honor, and they've got a thing like that and it's pretty effective in alerting friends that you're down. I know other games have a similar system.

Why do we need even more of that? "A Tenno has fallen" as Lotus Voiceover plus two indicators on HUD. one red blinking in the world, and one on the team overlay on the top right. Why needing anything more? Sometimes it is also better to not be revived and rather take one of your 4 deaths per mission. That's a tactical decision that needs to be made on an individual and situational basis. Getting spammed by some helper message is very annoying then.

On 22.2.2017 at 2:14 AM, Wolfdoggie said:

Rescue NPCs! I often try to catch one with a personal marker because they sometimes get downed without any marker showing where they are and everyone's scrambling trying to figure it out and mission fails.

Indeed. This is a bug that hopefully gets squashed during the waypoint makeover.

On 22.2.2017 at 2:35 AM, PyroChemist said:

Really excited to see this way point system in ArchWing, may lead to less confusion on where to fly.

I see the most benefit for the exit showing on screen for Archwing missions, as the moment you are flying upside down, the Minimap does not follow accordingly, which at times makes you go into the wrong direction. *shudders*

18 hours ago, Khlamydia said:

Can we get the wait time to forcefully extract reduced depending on how many players are sitting at extraction? I mean if 3 players are standing there at extraction just waiting and the 4th player is all: "Oooh! What's in this room? Oh wow! It's another deadend with 2 wall crates to open, Lucccckyyyy! I'd better spend several seconds looting it instead running towards extraction with the rest of my team.

Why is the 60 second timer insufficient? By what amount should it be reduced when 3 of 4 are standing instead of 2 of 4? Will a (supposed) 15 second reduction when only 10 seconds remain force an auto extract? Why code something that only really has something to do with 4 player groups (I'm not sure how much 8man trials should count here)? I think there are not enough points to warrant any fix on that. And sometimes you end up with players in public matches who do actually need the materials still as they don't have an abundance as they're not years-long playing people. Why should they get shafted in return? "Oh crap, trying to pick up that Argon crystal real quick before the third guy reaches extra-... oh wait nevermind, bah." It goes both ways, you know?

On 22.2.2017 at 10:18 AM, Nazrethim said:

ill we be able to mark multiple enemies? It would be very useful in Stealth runs, as a player would be able to mark a group of enemies and follow their movements from long range.

This would get ridiculous in public matches to the point of being nauseated by a screen full of red markers. If you want to do stealth runs and require that kind of extra enemy sight, just put in more mods that increase enemy detection range? And use the scanner? If you want to do stealth runs with non-stealth 'Frames, that's the challenge you get. And we already got it a lot easier since the minimap shows the state of the enemy now as: unaware / alerted / aware plus the direction they are facing is indicated too. This removed a lot of requirement to switch to the scanner.

18 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Could have a cap of maybe 5 enemies. Also, who the hell does stealth runs with other people?

I do, with people of my Clan :) It's a fun thing every now and then. Non-stealth Frames, silenced weapons only.

This is a great addition.

Lately my girlfriend picked up some interest for warframe, and sometimes we play together. But she has problems navigating the map, which made me realize how much i don't rely on it because i already know the rooms of each tileset.

This will be great for her, she's gonna love it!

3 hours ago, Khunvyel said:

This would get ridiculous in public matches to the point of being nauseated by a screen full of red markers. If you want to do stealth runs and require that kind of extra enemy sight, just put in more mods that increase enemy detection range? And use the scanner? If you want to do stealth runs with non-stealth 'Frames, that's the challenge you get. And we already got it a lot easier since the minimap shows the state of the enemy now as: unaware / alerted / aware plus the direction they are facing is indicated too. This removed a lot of requirement to switch to the scanner.

I do use Enemy Sense in general, even on non-stealth runs. But it has a relatively short range (bringing a pet or sentinel is anti-stealth by design so animal instinct isn't viable) compared to how big tilesets are, while markers highlight the target trough long distances and allows to keep track of it trough walls more effectively. Radars also don't allow for much verticality, you may have 60m radar, an enemy 15m below you still doesn't show up. I do have my scanner all the time, in fact I use it to determine trough walls the enemy composition when I face a cluster of them in a tileset.

Maybe allow only 5-8 markers on cooperative missions and unlimited (or at least a big number like 30) in solo mode?

I understand pets to be anti stealth, but not sentinels. Simply remove their weapon, or take Shade who only attacks when you are being attacked yourself if you want that extra firepower. Which, on stealth missions, might not be really feasible. I often use Sentinels as simple "support bots", as I dislike when aiming for a stealth kill and suddenly the Sentinel alerts everyone and everything. As for verticality, I'm not sure I can confirm that. Then again, I don't care for enemies that cannot physically see me through a ceiling. But that is more of an issue of the game engine than anything else.

The question about the markers is how reliable the enemies are shown through walls, if multiples are selected, when you're not in the same room. Once you are through a door or something, you lose the accurate information on the enemy, while the radar still accurate through walls.

Not bashing on your playstyle, just to make sure :) It's just that I haven't encountered these problems, as I seem to play stealthy missions differently and have not run into these problems. I usually also care less about the radar, I really only have animal instinct with me. I'm more of a scanner user and an aural awareness guy. Which often bothers me that there is no change in sound when the enemy is "through a ceiling" above or below you to have a better spatial awareness but that's the wrong topic and I thoroughly digressed already :D

What about Ayatan sculptures? Will we be able to mark them with waypoints?

Also,

Third: Interpolation.
Right now when you are following the path of a waypoint marker it just snaps from one point in the path to the next. After this change it will move from point to point, which will help guide your eye to the next point more gradually.

I don't see how this is better. It just means you have to wait to see where you're actually supposed to head, sometimes meaning you've already ran off in the wrong direction to where the marker was before the slow transition

Edited by UnidentifiedBody

On 2/21/2017 at 4:22 PM, [DE]Pablo said:

You can expect this to come with a near Update (but maybe not this week).

Hey P-man, can we get the option for some opacity on this thing?

I like scaling up the UI but that function seems to only exist for people that run this in 4k because for anything else what it mostly does is clutter up elements on top of each other. 

Because of that my screen is already pretty busy and these things not popping in front of you are kinda of annoying. 

So can we get an option to make them a bit less visible? If that's too much then can we just turn it off?

These improvements are helpful but can you also stop destroying the minimap as well? All the new changes have seriously damaged the usefulness of the minimap recently.

1. Squadmates being icons instead of dots = obscuring relevant information in a small window with over-sized blobs
  2. Power cores in excavation flooding the minimap and becoming a sea of yellow
  3. The new "3D" direction to next enemy meaning enemies in the Z axis appearing to float off and sending you hunting down the wrong corridor instead of just snapping to the next door leading to the next lift leading to the next enemy.

The minimap becomes less useable by the day because whoever is in charge of these reworks doesn't understand that less is more. Trying to be fancy has resulted is less value, not more.

good improvements, but i would still like someplace to show Markers the 'bad' way. like uh, can the Large Map still place Markers in their actual location at all times?
that's more useful to me. i want to know exactly where it is, then i can look at the map once and just go. i know how to get there, just need to know where i'm going.

While I quite like the markers, I'm finding them really distracting and obscuring.  Previously, I could follow the Mini-map to find the spy vaults, but, having three objective markers at once is just to much.  Equally, the extraction way point feels sort of obnoxious, going "Get to extraction, you've finished!" which sometimes though I've finished the objective I like to look around or kill some more enemies.

As others have suggested being able to make the markers transparent would help, but would it also be possible to have a keybinding toggle on/off, like with placing our custom way points, that way you could have the best of both worlds getting markers on screen if you need/want them, but get them out of the way onto the mini-map once you've finished with them.

That being said, thank you for all the hard work.

Edited by BrotherJudas008

• 3 months later...

Can we get infinite lifetime / distance?

I sometimes use markers to keep track of which parts of a large map I've checked for syndicate medallions/ayatans, to save covering terrain twice (some of the exterminate missions have a huge map area, off the spawn to exit route, with many large tiles duplicated).

Doesn't work when the marker vanishes.

Edited by polarity

On 22/6/2017 at 4:42 PM, (PS4)HarryMuff said:

The green marker showing extraction keeps randomly disappearing from view (and mini-map too).

Can we have this fixed please?

Make sure it's not disappearing after a fixed time -- I think it stays for a minute and then disappears.

Do you recall what missions this happens on too?

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 10:22 PM, [DE]Pablo said:

Okay. Nice tweaks to the current waypoint marker to be smoother.

Well...let me ask you this:

"When is the marker not only a marker but a tool to truely communicate with your team?"

I mean...comon...a marker is okay..but nothing mind blowing actualy. Give us a way to direct interact with eachone. Which leads to more comunication. Real improvments. Not only lil tweaking here and there...

Improvments please! 

What i mean? Look at other games...they did great stuff with "pinging/marking" and stuff like this:

smartpingSuggestion1.jpg

Aim to the location you want, Hold "G" pressed, menue open, move with your mouse to the "symbol" of your choice, click on it, done.

Now add into the party-list, that a host can create 2 teams (list splited in 2 parts) and can give each of both party groups a name. Blue/Red or what ever. Now just saying "Blue" and followed by the ping "Assist me", everyone in team knows which 2 players are meant, where to go and why in one go...effectiv...

I mean...this is a exc. but you can easy change it to be used in WF.

Improvments please...i know you still can be the DE i see... please stay creative in order to push your core of the game and gameplaying.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just wanted to stop by and make a few suggestions for added items into the game that might possibly  immerse players more because i cant find a good forum here to post an idea.

1. Melee weapon: Neo Noragami. Description: Like the Nikana (but without a sheath) would be like a Wakasashi sword. a medium sized straight topped blade with a tanto style point. Signature melee weapon of Shadouuoka Warframe (mastery rank 8)

2. Melee weapon: Laser sword (lightsaber) Description: like a plasma sword, but a blade made of pure energy. does heat and electrical elemental damage. (Mastery rank 8)

3. Secondary Weapon: Hoshi. Description: Like the throwing stars in the game already, are razor sharp and can inflict bleeding/slash damage as a status affect. Signature secondary Weapon of Shadouuoka Warframe (Mastery Rank 8)

4. Primary Weapon: Tenmetsu. Description: Is a bow designed by Shadouuoka for stealth and ranged takedowns. Can inflict bleeding/Slash damage and knockdown. (Mastery Rank 8)

5. Warframe: Shadouuoka. Description: Mastery in stealth and telekinesis, can dispatch targets up close or from a distance. Backstory: Exiled from duty as a hitman and cast away to survive on his own. Shadouuoka was abducted by Alad V to be experimented on, but escaped from imprisonment and was taken in by Lotus to become a lethal warrior in the art of shadow warfare, hence the name Shadouuoka which is Japanese for Shadow Walker. (Estimated platinum cost for frame from the market: 250 to 300)

Powers for Shadouuoka warframe:

1: Rip (Description): Reach out with the power of telekeniesis to rip a target in half. (costs 25 energey per use)

2. Push (Description): Reach out and send a target flying backwards causing them to fall down. (costs 50 energy per use)

3. Shadow Walk (Description): Become invisible to all enemies and gather health back while shadow walking if wounded. (Costs 75 energy per use)

4. Obliterate (Description): Reach out and lift one or multiple enemies with the power of telekinesis and utterly destroy them, ripping them limb from limb (Costs 100 energy per use) (can also be used on other harder enemies and bosses to inflict more damage)

Signature weapons:

Melee: Neo Noragami Tanto katana

Secondary: Hoshi Throwing stars

Primary: Tenmetsu Bow

other suggestions:

Tenmetsu arrow skin

Shadouuoka Warframe Concept (*IMAGE IS NOT MINE*): https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiGuK6akPjUAhUMVT4KHTCJD4MQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fp2psearcher.info%2Fcyber-ninja&psig=AFQjCNGH9eHTJRhVxwCtHUV9uUg6-GintQ&ust=1499549670652540

Tenmetsu Bow Concept (*IMAGE NOT MINE*): https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjP-sDAkPjUAhVk6IMKHU1SA3kQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F405464772683127580%2F&psig=AFQjCNE2WCf-pn2wOmgK1z9GgjdGQPIEnw&ust=1499549811030398

Hoshi Throwing Stars Concept (*IMAGE NOT MINE*): https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiowpDdkPjUAhVM6IMKHb0AAUEQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fannette1percent%2Fthrowing-stars%2F&psig=AFQjCNFLiikDQ_aRR49W6w9L6i92tim09A&ust=1499549861875231

Tenmetsu Arrow Skin Concept (*IMAGE NOT MINE*): https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiG4J70kPjUAhWM5IMKHRFkAHYQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fraven_timothy06%2Fweapons%2F&psig=AFQjCNFxreMP726K1OL9NHgShtNHi9CS8A&ust=1499549917515558

Neo Noragami Sword Concept (*IMAGE NOT MINE*): https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjZk6DlkfjUAhVL0oMKHQpWBkYQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fdebbieoorschot%2Ftanto-sword%2F&psig=AFQjCNH-E9FYAxKr3t4H9_qpMFzXPz0vvg&ust=1499550108951107

Thank you for your time devs. made a great game :) please add this warframe, would love to see it and i would sure as hell buy it.

Edited by Kedunad_Ethiarien
more information