Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waypoint Markers: Coming Changes.

[DE]Pablo

Yay, Pablo! Awesome news. :D Waypoints actually confuse me quite often, lol.

3 hours ago, V45H said:

thats awesome but can downed player/companion markers be like a flashing excamation point? or something similar? also you ui guys are awwesome its always been my favorite department a nice clean ui can make or break a game for me personally i struggle to stay interested in a game with poor ui design

keep up the great work and if you ever wanna hangout and talk about ui im here (that last bit is considerably unlikely)

Rescue NPCs! I often try to catch one with a personal marker because they sometimes get downed without any marker showing where they are and everyone's scrambling trying to figure it out and mission fails.

Pablo is best name :D my favorite cat is called pablo <3 <3 this sounds like a great change :O! and much needed progress towards archwing revamping :O 

Quick question though, if the Parkour motion is such an issue, can't you take it out of the equation? Like some kind of priority algorithm which nav point to display that's based completely on 2 dimensional distance and ignores the height.  So if you are in large rooms like the asteroid tile has, with the bridges and stone pieces to stand on. If your floating, vaulting, cable swinging or zephyr power flying trough the room it wouldn't require you to land to update, since it ignores height. but since only the mechanic that decides "display point X or Y  next" ignores height, the nav point display itself would still tell you to go  up or down to the correct door. 

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense >_<

What I'm trying to say is 

If the calculation to see which nav points to go to next ignores the third dimension for the current room, would that not solve most of the parkour generated issues? 

If the marker target is not in the current room, why does it not simply point to exit of the current room that leads closer to the marker target instead of trying to show the ideal AI  pathway players utterly destroy anyway with their fancy movements :O!

Could we get a like... opacity slider maybe?

I like having an alternative to mini map, but these are honestly a bit too screen blocking for my tastes. If I could make them like 30% opacity or lower I'd be a lot more keen on them.

Wouldn't mind if it wasn't a slider but was just translucent in general.

11 hours ago, [DE]Pablo said:

Thank you!

Q: will we be able to mark multiple enemies? As marked enemies show up on the minimap (as if they were highlighted by enemy radar) being able to mark multiple enemies would help keep tracking of them, which would be very useful in Stealth runs, as a player would be able to mark a group of enemies and follow their movements from long range.

12 hours ago, [DE]Pablo said:

Another new change will now show you you when multiple markers of the same type are in a given direction, which will help with multiple objectives (i.e Mobile Defense).

show you you.....

Talk dirty to me Pablo :P

14 hours ago, [DE]Pablo said:

What’s left?

There’s a couple issues we are still looking into.

What about the tons of items still missing a named (player) waypoint? Stuff like every blueprint drop that's not Oberon, Ayatan sculptures and so on?

Also, could the automatic waypoint for Ayatan stars please get a maximum distance or fade-out time? The way those things fly out of containers, they can drop in inaccessible places and will taunt me for the rest of the mission.

Edited by Bibliothekar

2 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Thank you!

Q: will we be able to mark multiple enemies? As marked enemies show up on the minimap (as if they were highlighted by enemy radar) being able to mark multiple enemies would help keep tracking of them, which would be very useful in Stealth runs, as a player would be able to mark a group of enemies and follow their movements from long range.

Please no. People would spam it and since it would be hard to remove them even if you weren't trolling, your screen would be too cluttered by those markers

Sweetness.

I do have a recommendation/request on the waypoints for major objectives, however -- if they are not already designed with controllable alpha-transparency in mind, I would suggest that players be given the ability to adjust how transparent the objective markers are, because I can see a big green dot in the middle of your screen being a bit distracting to many people.

Personally, it probably wouldn't bother me all that much, considering I play with the Overlay Map enabled upwards of 99% of the time. But I know some clanmates of mine have basically asked me "how in the actual f*** can you play with that thing always in your vision?!", so this requestommendation (hey, it works) is more with players like them in mind.

:)

Aside from that (hopefully) small idea to keep in mind, I can only see good things coming from this system as it gets further refined.

May the Lotus Guide You!

o7

6 hours ago, AzoreanEve said:

Please no. People would spam it and since it would be hard to remove them even if you weren't trolling, your screen would be too cluttered by those markers

Could have a cap of maybe 5 enemies. Also, who the hell does stealth runs with other people?

Can we get the wait time to forcefully extract reduced depending on how many players are sitting at extraction?

I mean if 3 players are standing there at extraction just waiting and the 4th player is all: "Oooh! What's in this room? Oh wow! It's another deadend with 2 wall crates to open, Lucccckyyyy! I'd better spend several seconds looting it instead running towards extraction with the rest of my team. What? Another deadend room thats right next to it filled with a whole 1 crate? That waypoint telling me where extraction is along with my other 3 team member is going to have to wait. Why, I'd be a fool not to also explore this 4 foot by 4 foot room that leads nowhere. Hangon guys, I'm getting a phone call!" *stops moving entirely*

IE: 90% of public rooms I start and random players join into.

Looks good, though a couple of things would be good to add in this process.

1. Options to just have the markers on the mini-map, or even nor at all (so HUD, mini-Map and none options). Ideally with this the ability to set individual types of way-points to how we want them to show.

2. Total distances to the way-point.  As it is now it only shows distance to the next step in the line, not the entire distance needed to travel to reach the markers location.

7 hours ago, Loswaith said:

Looks good, though a couple of things would be good to add in this process.

1. Options to just have the markers on the mini-map, or even nor at all (so HUD, mini-Map and none options). Ideally with this the ability to set individual types of way-points to how we want them to show.

2. Total distances to the way-point.  As it is now it only shows distance to the next step in the line, not the entire distance needed to travel to reach the markers location.

Completely agree with 1 but in regards to 2, it's already implemented ingame.