Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accidentally Missed A Login Bonus

Lumireaver

So I accidentally missed a login bonus for the second time... in my entire life. ...Upon realizing this, I was stricken with a bout of absolutely soul crushing depression. I went on an extreme alcohol binge. It was so bad that my alcohol blood level when I was pulled over by the space police was over 300% higher than what is considered fatal. The space police let me go because they thought their space breathalyzers were malfunctioning. In my ungodly drunken stupor, I got a handful of unfortunate tattoos including one of a cats anus on my navel which I had seen on television once. I also experienced a brief stint in an emocore band during which I wrote and preformed my first hit single, "WHY DOES DAILY LOGIN HATE ME!?" which I assure you will probably go on to be parodied by Weird Al and various famous YouTube stars before becoming popular enough that hipsters will hate it.

I digress.

After my fifteen minutes of fame were up, my mind started to clear and I knew that I had to go on a pilgrimage. I traveled across many lands, but mostly Asia, and especially South Korea. (They wouldn't let me into North Korea because I was too drunk.) Throughout my journey, I experienced many things, collected data, and heard various anecdotes concerning the login bonus mechanics from a number of different games. What I learned was shocking. The way Warframe is setup is extremely anti-happiness. Allow me to illustrate with an empirically unbiased graph. 

sk0tbXP.jpg

You'll note that after missing just a single login user happiness sharply drops, and occasionally results in a bloody suicidal mess.

Anti-DE conspirators (I know you're out there,) would be quick to claim that this trend is a deliberate consequence of DE's nefarious anti-consumer motives. They would claim that the hundreds of Tenno lost to login-related suicide are unfortunate victims of DE's new login eugenics program... However, I, have faith that DE is simply unaware of the devastating consequences of their current login rewards system because we all know DE is a beautiful and loving group of developers who would never do anything to hurt us if they could help it.

So what can we do about this? Well, like I said, I learned a lot on my pilgrimage. One thing that stood out to me was a different kind of login reward system why didn't heavily penalize someone just because they missed a one day.

It worked by dishing out a card every month. Every day, when you log in, you would put a stamp on that card, and each stamp would give you a progressively better reward. (Or a draw from a pool of better random rewards.) If you were there every day of the month you would naturally get better rewards, but if you missed a day you wouldn't  be sent back to square one.

This post has been brought to you in part by the National Login Seppuku Prevention Lifeline.

After couple dozen pistol exp logins (last pistol I leveled oooo 2 months ago) and a ton of frame exp on lvl 30 frames, scored a 50% plat discount.

I'm on holiday tomorrow and was even thinking to skip a day just to break the pistol exp draws.

Oh no.  Just think of how you might miss those credit bonuses and xp rewards.  Oh the horror when you won't be able to get a fourth gorgon/latron/vauban/excalibur blueprint.

Login rewards do have the opportunity to get something good which could be missed, but extremely more likely is that you get something that you really don't need.

So hopefully after counciling, you will handle the daily login pressure better.

+1, Really funny and i agree with you that the daily log in reward system sucks but missing one day now is kind of a bonus i am getting sick and tired of item xp when i have that damn thing already at 30, and its so little xp they give us that it won't even help us at all in leveling that weapon or warframe what they should do is give you a percentage of the xp you need rather than a set amount of 2400 on 7+ days of playing which isn't even enough to go from rank 2 to rank 3

Login rewards suck so bad they make me want to NOT login. I got a forma and a catalyst once in the few months I've been playing and those are the only good rewards I've gotten.

You're just.... logging into the game you wanted to play...

Can someone please explain to me why all the rewards have to be stunning? I understand the experience reward being annoying, so if they replaced it with 1000, 2000, and 3000 credits or some such, great fine. I know that's barely any money.

All anyone is doing here, seriously, is just entering the game. Why do you deserve a forma for entering the game? You don't. I don't see any reason you can give that you deserve rare items from a DAILY reward.

I would go as far as to say DE shouldn't even be doing this, and you know most F2P MMOs wouldn't dream of giving you their most popular store items as daily rewards for just logging in.

I love free stuff, don't get me wrong, but I don't want it at the cost of Warframe's profitability and continued healthy existence, when all anyone ever seems to do with this lovely gift is complain that it wasn't a bigger gift.

/rant. I hate people who get gifts and complain about them.

OT: I think a monthly card is a good idea, or perhaps if you miss a day your counter goes down by 1, where max counters is 7 still or maybe 10 or some such, so it's not crushed but doesn't require boosting the reward ceiling for the truly persistent.

All the rewards don't have to be stunning.  But some stunning rewards would be nice.  As far as most people know, the forma, catalysts, reactors, and keys are just there as pretty pictures to flash while waiting for your 100th pistol ammo box.

Those extremely valuable items are on the list, but the number of times they have come up compared to anything else is so low that they probably could be statistically removed from the list.  The xp and credit rewards are so low that they barely mean anything to anyone, and even less to people that generally have max leveled most of their gear.  The artifacts could be nice for some, but you only ever need them once, and the most frequently rewarded artifact is rifle scavenger which has shown up on alerts only slightly less then once each day.

Simply put, the daily reward is there so we get something, but most people have never gotten anything that they use from the reward.

There, there, my friend, the RNG doesn't even usually give that great of things anyway. Go get sobered up and we'll be right here for you.

It's just that my absurdly lucky friend always gets Forma when I forget to sign in. (Two for two, clear mathematical evidence of a 100% ratio.)

*Brohug*

OT: I think a monthly card is a good idea, or perhaps if you miss a day your counter goes down by 1, where max counters is 7 still or maybe 10 or some such, so it's not crushed but doesn't require boosting the reward ceiling for the truly persistent.

That would also do the trick. Just think of all the lives you may have just saved if DE listens to you.

You're just.... logging into the game you wanted to play...

Can someone please explain to me why all the rewards have to be stunning? I understand the experience reward being annoying, so if they replaced it with 1000, 2000, and 3000 credits or some such, great fine. I know that's barely any money.

All anyone is doing here, seriously, is just entering the game. Why do you deserve a forma for entering the game? You don't. I don't see any reason you can give that you deserve rare items from a DAILY reward.

I would go as far as to say DE shouldn't even be doing this, and you know most F2P MMOs wouldn't dream of giving you their most popular store items as daily rewards for just logging in.

I love free stuff, don't get me wrong, but I don't want it at the cost of Warframe's profitability and continued healthy existence, when all anyone ever seems to do with this lovely gift is complain that it wasn't a bigger gift.

/rant. I hate people who get gifts and complain about them.

I don't think anyone wants the daily log in rewards to be stunning i think everyone here is getting really pissed of how the little cycle with the pictures always slows down to a catalyst or a reactor or forma or void keys and then goes to sider arm xp, primary xp or suit xp

As i mostly have maxed out warframe and weapons on most of the time i find that utterly useless, maybe if i were able to store that xp into a little Affinity box per say and i could put it on one of my weapons or frames that need and i could build on that affinity box from future daily log in rewards.

All the rewards don't have to be stunning.  But some stunning rewards would be nice.  As far as most people know, the forma, catalysts, reactors, and keys are just there as pretty pictures to flash while waiting for your 100th pistol ammo box.

Those extremely valuable items are on the list, but the number of times they have come up compared to anything else is so low that they probably could be statistically removed from the list.  The xp and credit rewards are so low that they barely mean anything to anyone, and even less to people that generally have max leveled most of their gear.  The artifacts could be nice for some, but you only ever need them once, and the most frequently rewarded artifact is rifle scavenger which has shown up on alerts only slightly less then once each day.

Simply put, the daily reward is there so we get something, but most people have never gotten anything that they use from the reward.

I would be more than happy to take a pistol ammo box over sidearm xp, especially for those Tier 3 void runs and lvl 30+ xini runs when i am mostly using kunai and i lose ammo fairly quickly, Btw not saying that ammo boxes are great just saying i would rather get something i can use than something useless. the max Affinity you can get out of daily log in reward isn't even enough to move your weapon/frames from level 2 - 3