Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War - The giant gas powered space blunt double edged stick made out of lasers.

Neon_Knight-

Right. So. War. The huge, incredibly heavy blunt laser double edged stick OF LEGEND.

maxresdefault.jpg

Cool.

So....It's weird how Broken War cuts and whatnot. You know what I'm talking about. It strikes me as particularly odd that War is blunt, because the Stalker blew my mind when he shoved it in my space ninja chest like it was a giant magic key and I was a keyhole that fit perfectly.

Blunt weapon below.

Warframe0332-20151204_063959%255B1%255D.

Right right. Why am I making this thread.

Does anyone else want War to tear bodies in half? Because that would just be dandy. As you can see above.

Really though. I'm the closest to being a robot tank wizard in this game, and the gas powered laser stick doesn't separate my enemies into toasted bite size pieces like what every space wizard needs.

I don't care that the damage is blunt. Actually, I think it would be a lot of sense if it was blunt, and base elemental. Lightning probably. Or Fire. That would also make it distinct enough from Galatine Prime that there'd be a reason to pick War over it. But all that is a different thing.

DE. Can we make War rip bodies in half like Slash weapons do? Not saying make it a  slash weapon or anything. Just....bodies...in pieces. 👌 That would be glorious. Pleasepleasepleaseplease.

Or maybe....get a mod that makes War cut things in half (but still not have big slash damage) as well as some other awesome, unique effect for War?

Edited by Druidx

5 minutes ago, Druidx said:

Right. So. War. The huge, incredibly heavy blunt laser double edged stick OF LEGEND.

maxresdefault.jpg

Cool.

So....It's weird how Broken War cuts and whatnot. You know what I'm talking about. It strikes me as particularly odd that War is blunt, because the Stalker blew my mind when he shoved it in my space ninja chest like it was a giant magic key and I was a keyhole that fit perfectly.

Blunt weapon below.

Right right. Why am I making this thread.

Does anyone else want War to tear bodies in half? Because that would just be dandy. As you can see above.

Really though. I'm the closest to being a robot tank wizard in this game, and the gas powered laser stick doesn't separate my enemies into toasted bite size pieces like what every space wizard needs.

I don't care that the damage is blunt. Actually, I think it would be a lot of sense if it was blunt, and base elemental. Lightning probably. Or Fire. That would also make it distinct enough from Galatine Prime that there'd be a reason to pick War over it. But all that is a different thing.

DE. Can we make War rip bodies in half like Slash weapons do? Not saying make it a  slash weapon or anything. Just....bodies...in pieces. 👌 That would be glorious. Pleasepleasepleaseplease.

Or maybe....get a mod that makes War cut things in half (but still not have big slash damage) as well as some other awesome, unique effect for War?

I honestly think it needs a base electric status and it be turned into a slash weapon. It's by no means blunt, its made out of fking lasers for chrissakes, I dunno about you but a laser could cut you, me, Captain Vor, the fat bastard Vay Hek (God rest Hydroid's hard to farm soul), in half like a hot knife through..welll...flesh

7 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

I actually think this would be pretty awesome, keep the impact damage, but give it a high chance for corpse dismemberment anyways, along with a much less "clean" sound effect when cutting through things.

Smash mofos in half.

What about the sound of bones cracking? Add that in.

4 hours ago, Insizer said:

It could just be hard-light with a blunt edge, rather than a laser sword.  At least that is how it always came off to me as.

See above impalement by Blunt Light. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm going to call Stalker that forever now. 

Light Blunter? Blunt Lighter? Blunty Lighty? 

The Last Lighted Blunt?

I'm good with sound revision. My wife laughs every so often when the Impact noise happens, says it's a classic anvil-to-the-head noise.

I was using Galatine Prime (managed to get it a few days ago, love it to death) on a bunch of infested, and realized I was getting tired of the constant metallic "schwing" sound every time it moved. I mean, unless there's gen-u-wine Atomic Schwing-o-Vox in the handle, it shouldn't make that noise on every movement.

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

I'm good with sound revision. My wife laughs every so often when the Impact noise happens, says it's a classic anvil-to-the-head noise.

I was using Galatine Prime (managed to get it a few days ago, love it to death) on a bunch of infested, and realized I was getting tired of the constant metallic "schwing" sound every time it moved. I mean, unless there's gen-u-wine Atomic Schwing-o-Vox in the handle, it shouldn't make that noise on every movement.

03d6821ff13feb964e291afddf388298.jpg

Batteries sold seperately.

Its probably blunt because the Conculysts like to get up close and give you tbe classic catholic-school discipline.

But going back and reading the Mag Prime codex description, the Sentients seemed to have a preference for BBQing whoever looked at them wrong so I'm on the innate fire crowd. Then again, innate fire damage on a heavy blade is already ingame in the form of the glorious pizza-cutter Zenistar, so it wouldn't really set it apart from other heavy blades that much. Maybe radiation could also fit while setting it apart. There does seem to be a ton of confusion whenever the Sentients come up anyways.

I kinda wish war was this multi stance weapon that changed based on what stance you used instead of broken war being transformed into a two hander. 

Its obvious broken war is a fragment of war, why can't I use the other half and dual wield? Or just use part of war, my warframe snapped it off (and at that time I was using loki so it shouldn't require that much force), also good question, why does war do more blunt than slash?

I just wish it was comparable to Galatine Prime in stats. Hell, give it some status chance, a base elemental damage type (cool thought; a la Chroma, let the player change it?) and a unique charge attack or something, make it throw out the Batalyst's death laser ball on charge or something. As is, it just isn't worth it 99% of the time vs the Galatine Prime, and is objectively harder to get.

Logic? What logic?

It just looks so pretty...

13 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Sonic vibrations edge, much like Sonicor, it deals damage through impact. But if I stab you with a blunt pole hard enough, it will still pass right through you.

All fairness, you could do the same thing with a pole to cut someone in half. Well more like mutilate, but still, blunt objects still cause a large amount of damage.

On 2/21/2017 at 11:55 PM, Druidx said:

Blunt weapon below.

Dude...the SIDES of the blade are flat. The TIP of the blade is thin and pointy.

Edited by mac10smg-ToaOfGreen

On 2/25/2017 at 8:30 AM, Chipputer said:

So based on it... piercing a body you want it to cut them into pieces? You realize that puncturing and cutting aren't precisely the same?

Personally speaking I think either Puncture or Slash would work, but Impact on a sword makes little sense.

Saw this thread and thought gonna go home and try to get it to cut people in half. I placed every slash mod on it. Jagged edge, rending strike, buzz kill and the thing slices someone in half  most of the time. We just need a primed jagged edge to push slash higher than impact to case dismemberment to happen more. Will post build pics after mission complete.