Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Convectrix Beam Convergence

(PSN)MrNishi

Description reads: "When its twin-lasers converge on a target a circuit is created, frying the subject"

The animation shows a spark/lightning (overload) when the beams converge/cross/touch.

It would be nice if this was a forced Crit given the ammo expenditure and also lack of Shotgun Critical weapons. (Even less so with Shotgun Beam weapons)

Convectrix is unique in that it is the only weapon where the Beams can be touched together to make one. (Phage they get really close and Quanta is asymptotic.)

Also I assume the Status and Fire-rate listed are the same for both beams but when combined they do not escalate/combine.

(Should the weapon have doubled crit statistics (combined chance and damage multiplier)and status if beams are converged?)

15 hours ago, ZzVinniezZ said:

would like to see this weapon to be changed into something like the LINE GUN from Dead space than having another beam weapon 

At this point I would rather that be a new weapon altogether, preferably a Lone-wolf Secondary

12 hours ago, Celthric317 said:

Still trying to find a way to convince myself to build it in the first place. Having a 250% damage riven for it isn't enough. 

I'm trying to roll for Multi-shot and Fire-rate or Crit-damage on Convectrix

Because of the slow-to-damage mechanic I utilize Arcane Avenger as I am bound to get shot while converging the beams.

Critical damage on Beam weapons can produce rather large number especially when paired with Multi-shot and Fire-rate.

I'm running Primed Ravage.

No Elemental build as the large Slash procs seem to still be working on Sortie Level enemies.

Guess that also shows my bias for wanting the Converged Beams to be a forced crit or doubled crit chance, Crit-damage, and status chance.

*Speaking of which, shouldn't Convectrix with Hell's Chamber 120% Multi-shot be a total of 4-6 beams

-2 Individual Beams should at the very least be doubled to 4. Then each side having a 20% chance for 3rd Beam

-If only the Multi-shot would allow the beams when converged to grossly amplify both crit & status...  :fingers crossed:

On 2/23/2017 at 6:45 AM, Celthric317 said:

Still trying to find a way to convince myself to build it in the first place. Having a 250% damage riven for it isn't enough. 

It looks like a corpus crossbow, but that's about it.  The mechanics of gun is bad too. It would be better to have the primary fire just shoot forward, while the secondary fire makes the beams sweep back and forth.

The convectrix could be the first weapon in game that is imploded and ceases to exist lol. It could be fit into the lore as a revenge or something.

Not only it is a continuous weapon that tickles enemies but it also has a terrible mechanic to complement it. I hate it.

I would prefer to throw the weapon at the enemy than to shoot it. 

Edited by (PS4)lhbuch