Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alt-Fire for Akimbo Weapons

TidalVanguard

So the upgrade for single, semi-auto secondaries to akimbo makes sense; you get double the magazine(unless you're a logic-defying bronco) and increased fire rate at the cost of reload speed and accuracy, but the base damage remains the same as you're still firing the same weapon just in sequence.

The purpose of this post is to suggest a new alt-fire mechanic for weapons in this catagory, such as the akvasto and aklex, that will allow you to fire both weapons simultaneously. Doing so would cause the alt-fire to deal double the damage but consume twice the ammo; understandably this could also result in increased recoil on the alt-fire and decreased fire rate for the following shot. You can understand the benefits of of this when it comes to dealing with enemies with short vulnerabliity periods like Vay Hek, Nullifiers and Juggernauts, or quickly dispatching high priority targets like Ancients, Napalms and Scrambus.

I hope you'll consider this in order to give players like myself, who're just as comfortable taking only their favourite sidearms into missions, an interesting and rewarding new layer to their gameplay.

I like the duplex-auto/Semi-auto idea. Tigris has certainly got me used to holding that button down for the first shot and releasing for the second.

Hell, even without a fire selector switch I would rather semi-auto Akimbo guns use duplex fire by default.

On 22/02/2017 at 5:57 PM, TidalVanguard said:

The purpose of this post is to suggest a new alt-fire mechanic for weapons in this catagory, such as the akvasto and aklex, that will allow you to fire both weapons simultaneously. Doing so would cause the alt-fire to deal double the damage but consume twice the ammo; understandably this could also result in increased recoil on the alt-fire and decreased fire rate for the following shot. You can understand the benefits of of this when it comes to dealing with enemies with short vulnerabliity periods like Vay Hek, Nullifiers and Juggernauts, or quickly dispatching high priority targets like Ancients, Napalms and Scrambus.

Well it is a good idea by pressing the secondary button you could shoot with an alt-fire!

Or i suggest that playing with akimbo do not allowed you to aims while  shooting! so the button to shoot and the button to aims could be use for both shooting! for example with a semi-automatic weapon, i start shooting with the left gun ( primary shoot)  then i star shooting with the other later in order to reload my first weapon while i shoot with the other! 
The precision must be less that the single weapon, the time to reload a bit longer, but damage still the same and same number of ammo.  Like that if you want to shoot at the same time you just have to press at the same moment your button or if you want alternate fire then you have to press the primary fire then the aims button ! 

One issue I can see is this wouldn't work alongside any dual secondary that HAS an alt fire of it's own (future proofing) but it'd be kinda cool.

Cool, but honestly not necessary. I probably wouldn't do it honestly, since they're generally viable as is and it would potentially make conflicts. But maybe.

On 2017-02-23 at 5:48 AM, Zardbooster said:

Why not duplex auto?

Seriously though I'm all for allowing them to switch between semi auto and duplex auto. Not that I would use it outside duplex auto, but it's always nice to have options

Duplex auto would actually reflect "reality" the best too.

Think about this:

Real life semiautos:
One pistol - One hand used to trigger it (doublehanded grip helps with stability and accuracy ofc). Full benefit for rate of fire.
Two pistols - Two hands, one for each, to trigger them. Full benefit, technically, although while you CAN double your rate of fire, it's probably gonna be a bit less than double (due to difficulties handling them with decreased individual stability).

In game semiautos:
One pistol - One hand to trigger it (the mouse clicking). Full benefit.
Two pistols - ONE HAND to trigger them (mouse clicking), meaning you have to work harder to get full benefit.

Duplex would help you simulate the act of using both hands for two pistols: One click, but two triggerpulls. If you click as fast as you do when wiedling one pistol, you'll double your firerate if you held the akimbo verions, without stressing your hand at all.

So, yes, if you could toggle between semi and duplex (because options are always nice, and some dualwielders still have low RoF, so semi would handle better generally) and increased the rate-of-fire cap on dualwielded semi-auto pistols (to max 20 or so, instead of just a measly 10), dualwielded semi-autos, specially the faster ones, would be handling way better.

That, and fix numerical inconsistencies (Two pistols = about double fire rate, always double mag, worse accuracy, slightly higher or equal recoil (for playability reasons), and at least 1,5x longer reload. Nothing else. Looking mostly at you, AkBronco Prime)