Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The main issue with many passives

-FV-Metheria

Is that, they were added to fit solely the theme rather than kit. For example, Vauban's passive gives him bonus armor for every ally near him since he is a Engineer. But, this doesn't meld with his actual stats or abilities at all. He has low armor, so the buff doesn't do much for him. And his abilities are primarily about CC, why would you need more Armor if the point of your kit is to disable enemies? This is just one example of passives that just seem to "exist". I feel like they should be more well thought out, the best Passive in terms of balancing theme and kit and what I think passives should be like is Ash's Hemorrhage. It gives extra potency to bleeds, which fits into both what his abilities actually do and the assassin theme.

Seriously. I think with the communities push to make all frames have passives DE rushed a lot of the concepts and didn't make sure they worked well with the frame.

Nova - Neat passive if it worked. It has such a short range. Units that knocked you down usually do so from range or have knockdown immunity when knocking you down. Fix: extend range or add a secondary effect on top of knockdown.

Oberon - Seriously? Only usefull in Grineer missions, mars, earth or the derelict. Not even that great of a passive as well. Fix: remove the passify wildlife. Make it so that companions (kubrow smd kavat... maybe charger?) gain boosted stats.

Ember - Stat wise it's really good! Except Ember doesn't have resistance to fire so it'll eat through her health in an instant. Fix: Ember takes reduced damage from fire sources and procs. She's not immune and it still hurts, but she can retaliate.

Mirage - I barely notice her passive. It's so inconsequential. Fix: Add a random element burst upon bullet jump.

You think those are bad? Chroma wasn't even considered because his passive is "choose color, get element". If passives get a second (third?) look then Chroma needs to be added to the list. Either Elemental bullet jump/glide, mini rage passive, or extra proc effects. I'll settle for just a triple jump, give him something.