Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Decoy "Exploits" no longer work

Xion

I like Loki's Decoy, I do. It's fun to use and when combo'd with Switch Teleport or Disarm, it becomes pretty useful. But recently, I haven't been able to put it in places that I distinctly remember using to maximize the effectiveness of its aggro. I used to like putting it in between crates or tight gaps, so that enemies would shoot at the Decoy even though they can't hit it.

Places that I used to put the Decoy in that don't work anymore:

Spoiler

Set of boxes in Akkad:

XR4ZX2d.jpg

Corpus Ship Defense/Interception

1k0jsT7.jpg

Corpus Outpost Defenses

oOUiss7.jpgWMonSyJ.jpg

Even under the stairs or next to a locker

fobv4HL.jpg8wuJqZB.jpg

But hey, at least this spot still works:

Spoiler

poMQF5p.jpggTac3i9.jpg

I know that Decoy isn't the most useful ability in the game, but why would the 1 thing that made the ability useful (drawing aggro while in unreachable places) have to be taken away? Why did some spots get "fixed" while others did not?

PS:I don't know Grineer Defenses well enough to be able to find Decoy spots

Edited by Xionyde134

I think it was fixed so players could no longer use it to switch teleport glitch through walls and do things like solve the lua spy vaults in 15 seconds each or solo the coop principle challenge. Especially with the Savior Decoy augment mod that bypassed the target obstructed block on switch teleport in many out of bounds spots.

Probably because its not really designed to tank. It's designed to be a temporary distraction that dies. If they meant for it to be tankier, you wouldn't have to case it in spots that abuse the stupidity of the Ai to use it that way, you'd just be able to toss it in the middle of the floor and it would hold up better.

18 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Probably because its not really designed to tank. It's designed to be a temporary distraction that dies. If they meant for it to be tankier, you wouldn't have to case it in spots that abuse the stupidity of the Ai to use it that way, you'd just be able to toss it in the middle of the floor and it would hold up better.

"Temporary" so like 1 second in any content above level 35? 

30 minutes ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

I thought enemies knew how to jump on boxes, I guess I was mistaken. Also pretty sure not everyone has a zenistar. 

Ya, guess they'll have to put in actual effort and kill enemies distracted by the decoy instead of sitting back semi afk as their decoy and zenistar do all the work in whatever sortie.

6 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

Ya, guess they'll have to put in actual effort and kill enemies distracted by the decoy instead of sitting back semi afk as their decoy and zenistar do all the work in whatever sortie.

Must have missed my second point. Not everyone can just pop out a zenistar. The fact that decoy does not perform it's job well at all in any content above level 30 is ridiculous. It takes a total of two seconds for an enemy to jump on a box, the very argument you provided. It works well with his other abilities but if you disarm all enemies in a 40+ meter range there is hardly a use for decoy. While invisible enemies won't really shoot at you anyways. The problem that is being created here is that the decoy is being outclassed by his own abilities, while we can't even place decoy on some boxes the warframes ourselves can stand on. The reason these exploits were discovered to begin with was because of the lack luster quality of the ability. I'm finding more and more places in spy missions, which makes no sense if Ivara can walk straight through the laser doors. We're losing more utility than we're gaining. 

17 minutes ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

Must have missed my second point. Not everyone can just pop out a zenistar. 

Hmm, must of missed my post entirely.

I see that you feel more strongly about this subject while I do not. Perhaps you'd feel inspired enough to make your feedback topic centered on the ability and how to make it better?

57 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

Hmm, must of missed my post entirely.

I see that you feel more strongly about this subject while I do not. Perhaps you'd feel inspired enough to make your feedback topic centered on the ability and how to make it better?

I care passionately about every Warframe. I believe that if the Decoy spawned a new after being defeated, it would at least make it worth the cost. It wouldn't be over powered and still be duration based. Or even a 1/5th energy refund if it dies before the timer is depleted. 

20 hours ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

I care passionately about every Warframe. I believe that if the Decoy spawned a new after being defeated, it would at least make it worth the cost. It wouldn't be over powered and still be duration based. Or even a 1/5th energy refund if it dies before the timer is depleted. 

I feel Decoy in regards to being overshadowed by the rest of kit is very similar to abilities like Well of Life (Where Blessing heals better and instantly, without making an enemy harder to kill), Mind Control (where it does provide an ally but might as well have chaos where every enemy is fighting each other), Fireball (World on Fire is just more practical for applying Fire damage to enemies with minimal effort), or if looking at a more recent addition: Amesha's Watchful Swarm (Grants damage immunity but that clashes with Vengeful Rush's converting incoming damage into Energy, Warding Grace's status immunity Aura, and Benevolent Decoy's healing)

In essence the abilities are useful before you get access to the remainder of kit.

DE could let Decoy scale with enemy level like Nekros Shadows of the dead so it would be consistent at all enemy levels.

I'm fairly sure DE removed this 'exploit' because it could be (and have been) used on Sortie defense missions, where you could swap teleport the operative into unreachable places.

On the other topic, yes, I agree Decoy has been not performing well especially in high level missions. They should just give it Iron Skin and Snow Globe's mechanics: 4 seconds of being invulnerable and any damage it gets during this time will get added to its HP. So the Decoy would survive at least 4 seconds.

14 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

I feel Decoy in regards to being overshadowed by the rest of kit is very similar to abilities like Well of Life (Where Blessing heals better and instantly, without making an enemy harder to kill), Mind Control (where it does provide an ally but might as well have chaos where every enemy is fighting each other), Fireball (World on Fire is just more practical for applying Fire damage to enemies with minimal effort), or if looking at a more recent addition: Amesha's Watchful Swarm (Grants damage immunity but that clashes with Vengeful Rush's converting incoming damage into Energy, Warding Grace's status immunity Aura, and Benevolent Decoy's healing)

In essence the abilities are useful before you get access to the remainder of kit.

DE could let Decoy scale with enemy level like Nekros Shadows of the dead so it would be consistent at all enemy levels.

That kind of design is old and outdated

All abilties should have an actual purpose.

Having an ability that is completely overshadowed by others is just pointless and a waste.

Look at Nidus, Ivara all of their abilties are unique and have a set purpose.

Other frames need to follow suit

Edited by Dragazer

3 hours ago, Dragazer said:

That kind of design is old and outdated

All abilties should have an actual purpose.

Having an ability that is completely overshadowed by others is just pointless and a waste.

Look at Nidus, Ivara all of their abilties are unique and have a set purpose.

Other frames need to follow suit

Ivara: I would say is a different approach

1st ability used to select Alt-fire of Ultimate is how I use the ability. But that is also because I cannot cast Quiver, Mine Layer, nor Charge Scarab Swarm. (My PS4 button configuration does not allow these abilities to be used at all.)

You said old and outdated, but that is why I included Amesha.

Amesha was like 6months after Ivara.

Yet has a similar "outdated" Design in regards to 1st ability being overshadowed or contradictory to the rest of kit.

Nidus like Equinox basically relies on 1st ability to be able to do anything useful with the rest of their kit. Making their 1st ability more important than the rest as it can be deemed a prerequisite.

If Loki's Decoy scaled with enemy level it would have consistency in game play. Thus always being a useful ability. This seems like the easiest way to address Loki's Decoy, in my opinion.