Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reason why can't invite players on dojo when solo ?

TeaBegging

I don't know why this change has been made. But we used to have this function in place where we could invite players to our clan when you had it on solo.
This seem to be an unnessary change, and really bothersome for me atleast. I already load very slow, and when I forget to put it on public I have to leave the dojo and set to public.
The time I lose in between, can either leave the Trader unintressed, annoyed, or he could even start a new mission because of taking to long.

So any possibility to revert this change to what it was.

Thanks,

Loyal Tenno.

probably for 2 reasons: in case you want to be on the dojo all alone... for some reason..

and, the main one: you need someone with permission to host the dojo, most decent clans just give that permission to everyone, but those who dont, everyone that doest have that permission is not able to join the dojo if there noone with hosting permission already there , i think..

Edited by JeyciKon

3 hours ago, TeaBegging said:

I don't know why this change has been made.

No one does. I can't tell you how many times I've had to go to my dojo, realize I can't invite someone to trade, go back to my ship, set to Public, and go back into my dojo. This needs to be reverted

3 hours ago, JeyciKon said:

and, the main one: you need someone with permission to host the dojo, most decent clans just give that permission to everyone, but those who dont, everyone that doest have that permission is not able to join the dojo if there noone with hosting permission already there , i think..

I'm sorry, but this isn't making any sense to me.

11 minutes ago, JeyciKon said:

probably for 2 reasons: in case you want to be on the dojo all alone... for some reason..

You cannot host the dojo solo for yourself.  There is only 1 instance for each clan dojo available, hosted by one player. Other clan members can still join when the host has its matchmaking set on solo.

OP is talking about inviting an outsider to the dojo for trading. And the game won't allow you to invite at all if your matchmaking is set to solo while in the dojo, which is indeed strange; even if you are not the one hosting the Dojo at that moment.

You have to leave ->  *loading screen*, set matchmaking to Public -> go back to dojo -> *loading screen*  -> invite.  And hope the potential buyer didn't become impatient during all this.

Edited by MystMan

Just now, LazerSkink said:

Again, you're not making any sense. Before, one was able to be set to solo and invite others to a dojo; now they can't. 

if MystMan is right and you still play online when in solo, then there is indeed no reason for this change.

but, if you can indeed go solo without hosting to someone else you dont need the "host" permission to join the your empty dojo. so you dont have to ask someone else to host for you so you can go there and buy stuff on the labs or something else.

YmsRYdF.jpg

This is what we're talking about.   You get this message when trying to invite people in a mission but have the matchmaking set to Solo. This makes sense for regular missions, not for Dojo. There are no missions or squads in a Dojo.

Edited by MystMan

19 minutes ago, MystMan said:

YmsRYdF.jpg

This is what we're talking about.   You get this message when trying to invite people in a mission but have the matchmaking set to Solo. This makes sense for regular missions, not for Dojo. There are no missions or squads in a Dojo.

thats the thing, the dojo kinda works like a mission/squad, 1 players hosts for other players, in solo you host to no-one.

the think that we need to know is: is "solo" indeed solo in the dojo? i have no-one in my clan online atm, but if any of you do please try to do this: both join the dojo solo, if they see each other then my theory was wrong.

Edited by JeyciKon

It doesn't matter who is hosting the dojo or what their matchmaking is set to, every clan member can join and see each other at all times.

It is having matchmaking set to solo, is what disables the invite option at all times. This feature needs to be turned off while in your dojo to be able to invite people not of your clan for trading purposes. 

Edited by MystMan

9 hours ago, MystMan said:

It doesn't matter who is hosting the dojo or what their matchmaking is set to, every clan member can join and see each other at all times.

It is having matchmaking set to solo, is what disables the invite option at all times. This feature needs to be turned off while in your dojo to be able to invite people not of your clan for trading purposes. 

^ This